Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-28-22, 04:39 PM   #2641
zwoek
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Bright green colour underwater

Hi,

I installed lates TWOS on new laptop. When I go out (external view) underwater I can see bright green colour and only shapes of ships. I think it might be something wrong with graphical settings, or graphic drivers. Even if look through the periscope, I can see bright green (underwater). I updated graphic drivers, and its the same. Reinstall mod, nothing change.

Do You have some problem like that?

graphic card RTX3070 laptop

https://ibb.co/XzpQWN5
https://ibb.co/4s9YW5F
https://ibb.co/gtDCdh5
https://ibb.co/G0b2dDk
https://ibb.co/3p2Fdd3
https://ibb.co/QnPVCM5

Last edited by zwoek; 01-30-22 at 08:06 AM.
zwoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 05:01 PM   #2642
zwoek
Swabbie

Default Nights

Moreover, nights are extremly dark despite of installed mod for bright nights... Maybe bugs are connetcted with new win11?
Old 01-28-22, 05:02 PM   #2643
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon12 welcome aboard... Y'all!

zwoek! on the surface after a bit of a 'silent run'! & Straks! & jayTHREEpoint0!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 02:11 PM   #2644
zwoek
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
zwoek! on the surface after a bit of a 'silent run'! & Straks! & jayTHREEpoint0!
???
Old 01-29-22, 10:02 PM   #2645
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwoek View Post
Moreover, nights are extremly dark despite of installed mod for bright nights... Maybe bugs are connetcted with new win11?
i'm using win11 no problems are you running mods or just TWoS
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 11:15 AM   #2646
zwoek
Swabbie

On stock game it's the same, the water is very bright. I think, it can be some graphic driver problem...
Old 01-30-22, 01:10 PM   #2647
zwoek
Swabbie

Default Solved

I run Sh5 with Win 7 compatibility, solved problem...
Old 02-03-22, 11:41 AM   #2648
w1ndStrik3
Max Otto von Stierlitz

Downloads: 130

TL;DR: CTD when approaching Kiel. Coastal waterss campaign. TWoS, no other mods.

Ahoy skippers.
I have a problem which has bugged me for about a week now. I started a new Coastal Waters (TWoS) campaign. I go to Poland, sink the task force, and patiently wait for the 4th of september to arrive, so I can redock and get the Scapa Flow mission. Whenever I approach Kiel, the game just CTD. I have found out that it happens approx. 16-17 km away from the radio beacon at Kiel. I am running TWoS, and have NOT installed any non-TWoS mods. Yeasterday, the game did not CTD when approaching Kiel, but only when i docked, i got a CTD. The enter base autosave, AND the two PREVIOUS MANUAL saves got corrupt after that. I made a compeletely new capaign four times now, but same problem. If I exit the sub with external view, and approach Kiel, it happens again. I have already read this thread(https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=236904), but no solutions there helped. But there is one interesting thing. If I start a new campaign, and without leaving the game wait until the 12th of september, I can actually enter Kiel without problems, but any save made inside Kiel (also inside base) cause CTD on loading, and if I reload a save made just before entering Kiel, the bug where the game CTD 16-17 km away from the radio beacon happens again. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
w1ndStrik3
w1ndStrik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-22, 05:16 AM   #2649
sonar112
Nub

Downloads: 114
Default Independent engine control

Hi.the engine rpm meters in the command room are reversed ie if the port prop is stopped and you run the starboard prop it is the port rpm meter that will react and show corresponding speed. This has more than likely been pointed out before just thought I'd mention it as I have not seen any comments regarding this.
Cheers.
sonar112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 03:47 AM   #2650
w1ndStrik3
Max Otto von Stierlitz

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ndStrik3 View Post
TL;DR: CTD when approaching Kiel. Coastal waterss campaign. TWoS, no other mods.

Ahoy skippers.
I have a problem which has bugged me for about a week now. I started a new Coastal Waters (TWoS) campaign. I go to Poland, sink the task force, and patiently wait for the 4th of september to arrive, so I can redock and get the Scapa Flow mission. Whenever I approach Kiel, the game just CTD. I have found out that it happens approx. 16-17 km away from the radio beacon at Kiel. I am running TWoS, and have NOT installed any non-TWoS mods. Yeasterday, the game did not CTD when approaching Kiel, but only when i docked, i got a CTD. The enter base autosave, AND the two PREVIOUS MANUAL saves got corrupt after that. I made a compeletely new capaign four times now, but same problem. If I exit the sub with external view, and approach Kiel, it happens again. I have already read this thread(https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=236904), but no solutions there helped. But there is one interesting thing. If I start a new campaign, and without leaving the game wait until the 12th of september, I can actually enter Kiel without problems, but any save made inside Kiel (also inside base) cause CTD on loading, and if I reload a save made just before entering Kiel, the bug where the game CTD 16-17 km away from the radio beacon happens again. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
w1ndStrik3
Ok so I found out the problem. I am a fan of cheats, so I cheated in the game to get the fully upgraded VIIC/41 from the beginning of the game. That apparently was the problem. I changed back to the type VIIA and now there are no problems.
w1ndStrik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-22, 07:35 PM   #2651
corporalspiffy
Gunner

Downloads: 177

i don't know if this is a bug or maybe i don't understand what is going on but when i submerge the telegraph doesn't function properly. with the advanced settings you can set ship speed by sliding the pointer and then when you switch to the telegraph the pointer points to for example one/third speed as one would expect but if you then click the telegraph to set for slow speed the engines shut off and the telegraph slides to "stop". this problem appears to ruin the ability to run scripts since when submerged there is an order for full speed for example but the telegraph doesn't respond properly and the electric motors shut off instead.

how well programmed are those scripts? i ran one and it ordered flank, the boat dove, then ordered full at tc for 1 hour but the engines shut down and then did a periscope check at snorkel depth before surfacing, then ordered men to the flack gun but no men manned the flak gun and it stated "fire at short range" but the message box said "fire at long range". i think this was the pesky aeroplanes script.
iablshipsfornygm
3rdflotillamod
nygm_hires_subs
ahnenerbe

Last edited by corporalspiffy; 02-28-22 at 04:58 AM.
corporalspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 04:56 PM   #2652
Madcowz
Sailor man

Downloads: 2
Default Batteries not charging

Hi, I'm running TWOS (latest version) and my batteries aren't charging and have been stuck on 48% for 4 hours of surface time.

CO2 & Compressed recharge fine. No damage to except hull integrity is at 99%.

Mods:

Env settings - Brighter nights
Map contacts colours
Officer icons as stations
remove plastic cover
campaign advance verifier
FX_Reduc Fires & explosions

I also appear to be missing out on some sounds. If i'm on conning tower and crash dive I don't hear any bells. I can hear responses to commands but it just seems as though it's missing some immersion.

Another example. I just pressed F7 to go to Battle stations while on the conning tower and in the control room and all I heard was the sound of hatches closing. No bells, no shouts, nothing.

Can provide more info if required but not sure if this has cropped up before or not.

Thanks.

Last edited by Madcowz; 03-01-22 at 07:58 AM.
Madcowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 06:28 PM   #2653
corporalspiffy
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcowz View Post
Hi, I'm running TWOS (latest version) and my batteries aren't chrarging and have been stuck on 48% for 4 hours of surface time.

CO2 & Compressed recharge fine. No damage to except hull integrity is at 99%.

Mods:

Env settings - Brighter nights
Map contacts colours
Officer icons as stations
remove plastic cover
campaign advance verifier
FX_Reduc Fires & explosions

I also appear to be missing out on some sounds. If i'm on conning tower and crash dive I don't hear any bells. I can hear responses to commands but it just seems as though it's missing some immersion.

Another example. I just pressed F7 to go to Battle stations while on the conning tower and in the control room and all I heard was the sound of hatches closing. No bells, no shouts, nothing.

Can provide more info if required but not sure if this has cropped up before or not.

Thanks.
maybe the weather is bad and it keeps going from to diesel to electric not allowing battery charging to be initiated.
iablshipsfornygm
3rdflotillamod
nygm_hires_subs
ahnenerbe
Old 03-01-22, 04:05 AM   #2654
Madcowz
Sailor man

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalspiffy View Post
maybe the weather is bad and it keeps going from to diesel to electric not allowing battery charging to be initiated.
Sadly not. It was flat calm and my crew were diving off the boat and sunning themselves on deck.
Madcowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-22, 08:59 PM   #2655
corporalspiffy
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcowz View Post
Sadly not. It was flat calm and my crew were diving off the boat and sunning themselves on deck.
well that's yer problem yer crew is a bunch of beach boys. DISCIPLINE, MAN!
iablshipsfornygm
3rdflotillamod
nygm_hires_subs
ahnenerbe