Old 11-09-15, 09:11 AM   #31
Bera
Gunner

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa View Post
Hi Bera !

The "Turning point" campaign is the extension introduced by the OHII mod, it is not part of the original SH5 campaign. I can't assure you if it is created with the full usage of the tonnage bar feature.

Regarding the stock campaign, it is important to note that it is bugged. I was thinking about debugging and then uploading it for players who are interested in playing the stock game (as to have at least a fully playable vanilla game). As soon as i have some time available i will do it but still i recommend to use the existing mega-mods as they have more features and realistic objectives ...
Hi MaMa,

You´ve nailed it. And that´s why I asked if there was anything related to OHII on one of my posts, because on my the previous campaign (Western Approaches), most of the tonnage bars (except those missions that expired before you gave us your fine workaround) filled up fine.

I´ve started a new campaign on a vanilla game lightly modded (new UI, equipment fixes, etc), and so far the tonnage bars are filling up as they should have. But I do miss OHII and the "no tonnage bar" mods...

Thanks!
Bera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 01:58 PM   #32
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

Exclamation Mamas fix

Congrats on your near solution to the campaign fix. A major step towards patching SH5's leaking hull

I tested it out the other day but have not had enough free time to experiment with it to give any meaningful evaluation but have a couple of questions for you

As a guide I looked at both Peters and TheNorseCast instructions/video and unless I'm mistaken there appears to be a slight variation in how the OSI.exe is called up 1 is started up by running the exe from the Osis directly and the other has had the properties changed to run as Admin it may be unimportant but I thought it deserved a mention

Also I was wondering if it would be easier to Change the properties of the Games main .exe SH5 Shortcut to run as Admin so Osis sarts at the same time which would only leave Alt Tab out right clicking on the taskbar ( Windows 7 ) to bring up the Task Manager and changing the priority of Osis. It appears to work for me or have I misunderstood something ?

Best Regards Cyborg AKA Simon322

Last edited by Cyborg322; 11-10-15 at 03:59 PM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 05:12 PM   #33
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg322 View Post
Also I was wondering if it would be easier to Change the properties of the Games main .exe SH5 Shortcut to run as Admin so Osis sarts at the same time which would only leave Alt Tab out right clicking on the taskbar ( Windows 7 ) to bring up the Task Manager and changing the priority of Osis. It appears to work for me or have I misunderstood something ?
Hi Cyborg322 !

at the moment i can't confirm if the change made to the SH5.exe file automatically grant administrator rights also to the OSI.exe program but i guess it could.

As a general rule i stated to give administrator rights to the OSI.exe file because during my tests i had problems with that. Sometimes it was not possible to change the priority of the .exe file so i made this change in the attempt to solve this problem...

It worked and thus bring me to give this advice before using my fix. Honestly i have not dealt with other trials since it is an operation which need to be done once.

As Always, if someone is interested in finding new ways to deal with this issue, i recommend to use the DBG viewer to check if the OSI is working correctly. Feel free to try everything, easier ways on managing this bug are more than welcome !
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-15, 10:45 PM   #34
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa View Post
Hi Cyborg322 !

at the moment i can't confirm if the change made to the SH5.exe file automatically grant administrator rights also to the OSI.exe program but i guess it could.

As a general rule i stated to give administrator rights to the OSI.exe file because during my tests i had problems with that. Sometimes it was not possible to change the priority of the .exe file so i made this change in the attempt to solve this problem...

It worked and thus bring me to give this advice before using my fix. Honestly i have not dealt with other trials since it is an operation which need to be done once.

As Always, if someone is interested in finding new ways to deal with this issue, i recommend to use the DBG viewer to check if the OSI is working correctly. Feel free to try everything, easier ways on managing this bug are more than welcome !
Ok thanks for the Heads Up, there is 1 more thing I think is worth a mention when changing the OSI Process priority that is not obvious, clicking on [show processes from all users] even if the process is already in the list showing as running will normally allow the priority to be changed if the[ Unable ] message comes up when using Windows 7 and prolly Vista too this applies to any Processes/Image Names in the Task Manager. It's a little odd but it works
Old 11-19-15, 12:37 AM   #35
3985gtasa
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 31

The tonnage bar on Baltic Operation would not fill up no matter what I did yesterday. I stumbled into this topic and now it works great. I'm just running Open horizons 2.5 and misc. stuff.

Thank you MaMa for the fix.
3985gtasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 10:02 AM   #36
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19

Looks like the time is now. I shall go and dig out my copy of Silent Hunter 5. Let's hope it works.
CaptainRamius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 11:35 AM   #37
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

SO, does the Choum's bat file script work or not???
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 01:24 PM   #38
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Vecko
Quote:
SO, does the Choum's bat file script work or not???
I noticed that it did not change the set priority from Normal although the script is telling it to.

I am 3 weeks game time from finishing "Total Germany."
87 manual game saves, no problems at all to date.

MaMa's fix is changing the set priority to Realtime.
I will use this unless there is further information or developments.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 01:27 PM   #39
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Vecko
I noticed that it did not change the set priority from Normal although the script is telling it to.

I am 3 weeks game time from finishing "Total Germany."
87 manual game saves, no problems at all to date.

MaMa's fix is changing the set priority to Realtime.
I will use this unless there is further information or developments.

Peter
Hmm, that's not good... Choum's batch file could make things really simple.

Anyone else? Choum?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-15, 03:15 PM   #40
Bera
Gunner

Hi folks,

The uplay launcher updated itself today.

However, after trying to launch the game many times, including after restarting my computer, I can´t find the osi.exe running anymore!

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 11-23-15, 06:33 PM   #41
Bera
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bera View Post
Hi folks,

However, after trying to launch the game many times, including after restarting my computer, I can´t find the osi.exe running anymore!

Anyone else experiencing this?
Edit: After some more tests, I can confirm that after the update the Ubisoft launcher doesn´t start osi.exe anymore, at least in my machine. Would it have any impact in the "tonnage bar bug"?
Old 11-23-15, 07:43 PM   #42
THEBERBSTER

Quote:
An official fix or not?

Peter
Old 11-23-15, 07:49 PM   #43
Bera
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
An official fix or not?

Peter
Hi Peter,

I don´t know, but... When I launch the game just clicking on SH5.EXE, the uplay launcher doesn´t start. And after the initial loading screen I don´t get the "syncronizing saved games with server" box anymore...
Old 11-24-15, 05:12 AM   #44
THEBERBSTER

Hi Bera

I can confirm that the Osi.exe has updated from 4308k to 4320k.

Code:
I don´t know, but... When I launch the game just clicking on SH5.EXE,  the uplay launcher doesn´t start. And after the initial loading screen I  don´t get the "syncronizing saved games with server" box anymore... :hmmm:
Not a problem for me Windows 7 everything worked as normal still using Online.
I saw the UPlay up date message and then as usual its looks to synchronize and then TWOS starts to load.
I checked to see if administrator was still enabled and it was.
Picture after update showing 4320k.

Peter
Old 11-24-15, 01:56 PM   #45
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bera View Post
Edit: After some more tests, I can confirm that after the update the Ubisoft launcher doesn´t start osi.exe anymore, at least in my machine. Would it have any impact in the "tonnage bar bug"?
Hi Bera !

Unfortunately if the OSI isn't running the game does not compute any update of campaign or tonnage sunk.

It's quite strange that you have problems with OSI, i also updated the UPlay browser and none has changed, everything is working as before.

I can give you two advices : first locate and delete the OSI folder inside the UPlay directory (usually it is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\3) and then delete the folder called "3". After that you need to start UPlay in online mode and launch the game from the UPlay browser. The game should automatically download again a new OSI application which should start along with the game. Check if it works correctly (you are free to play offline as usual however).

Second choice is to uninstall UPlay and re-install it from scratch. The application should download a new OSI as soon as the game will be launched from the browser.

Try one of those and let us know if all is working well.
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote