SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-16, 06:36 PM   #4606
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262
Uploads: 0
Icon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subwolf View Post
A question. Is there a way to change the keyboard commands? I'm used to move around using the arrow keys.
I use this tool (SH Keymapper), it works great! You can define all available commands to the place you want to.

For example, i added a quick keyboard command for "nearest visual contact".

Link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4715

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 07:25 PM   #4607
Subwolf
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel4004 View Post
I use this tool (SH Keymapper), it works great! You can define all available commands to the place you want to.

For example, i added a quick keyboard command for "nearest visual contact".

Link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4715
Excellent

I'll try this one, didn't feel like messing with commands.cfg after sticking my nose in there.
Subwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 08:32 PM   #4608
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:

You can say the same thing about auto TDC, since the 1WO normally did the calculations when using the UZO, and not the kaleun. So if you use it, realistic enough, because you just asked him to get the readings
Yeah exactly, but not in one second, it will take some time
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 01:47 AM   #4609
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
I agree with Subwolf it makes no sense not to use the arrow keys when moving about, and W_A_S_D where did that come from?
Probably some nob at Ubisoft with a sick sense of humor.
Peter

WASD key are used almost in all games they are very handy ....the arrow key are a bit harder and not that handy to use them ......

in FS or FSX it's also WASD the moving keys
in any FPS, RPG, MMORPG games moving keys are also WASD for some good reason above does keys are are the number key and u can switch really fast weapons, skill using the number keys..... also shift is for running in almost all games and u no need to move your hand at all to run u press with the small finger shift.... space is for jump in almost all game and u can use thumb finger to jump without moving your hand ....

with arrow keys is really pain in the ass to play game this is my opinion only don't take it personally.
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 01:51 AM   #4610
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Hi Sjizzle
Another one of those mysteries.
Sweet FX will not load.
Historical Missions ctd on loading.
Peter
that sweet FX is still a mystery for me too why doesn't work for u i don't have any logical explanation or fix....

Quote:
Thanks, but orders are no additional mods if you use WoS. Unless they can approve it, I wont take any chances.
u can use that key command mods after twos cos it's overwrite only the command.cfg from the game.

Last edited by Sjizzle; 03-31-16 at 04:04 AM.
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 03:05 AM   #4611
JT1981
Planesman

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
never save near ship, destroyed ship, convoys the game cos later u will get a corrupted save game and the game will crash ......
i have played 14 missions from 1939.Sep to1942.Nov,no ctd at all,,maybe i am lucky?
JT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 03:36 AM   #4612
ThaFr0ggy
Watch

Downloads: 217
Default Gameplay settings don't work

Hi,

I want to play the game with every realism setting, except no external camera and stabilize view, activated. So I set the realism preset to high and apply the changes. I then go to a historical mission to test if the settings work and they do. But if I load my campaign and lock on to a target, there will be a grey marker at the location of the enemy on the TAI map and if I fire a torpedo the event camera will appear. So I go back to the gameplay settings but the settings are still set to high realism. I checked the GameplaySettings.cfg too but it's the same as ingame.

I'm sorry for any language mistakes I made.
ThaFr0ggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 03:57 AM   #4613
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFr0ggy View Post
Hi,

I want to play the game with every realism setting, except no external camera and stabilize view, activated. So I set the realism preset to high and apply the changes. I then go to a historical mission to test if the settings work and they do. But if I load my campaign and lock on to a target, there will be a grey marker at the location of the enemy on the TAI map and if I fire a torpedo the event camera will appear. So I go back to the gameplay settings but the settings are still set to high realism. I checked the GameplaySettings.cfg too but it's the same as ingame.

I'm sorry for any language mistakes I made.
You can only change realism settings for the campaign when starting a new career and in the bunker afaik .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 04:54 AM   #4614
ThaFr0ggy
Watch

Downloads: 217

Okay, I will try that.

Thanks
ThaFr0ggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 05:25 AM   #4615
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Hi Vecko
Updated to patch 9 from patch 7 in the bunker.
Both charts showing in patch 7 ok.
Combined speed charts do not show anywhere in patch 9?
Quote:
Hi Sjizzle
Another one of those mysteries.
Sweet FX will not load.
Historical Missions ctd on loading.
Peter
I dont know what have you done with your game again Peter, but combined speed charts are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vova78 View Post
Too deep draft vessels NDE_River, NFF_Black_Swan, NFF_Black_Swan_Stork. Floods the rear deck (screen: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
EDIT: Strange behavior: after loading a savegame - it's okay. Restart savegame again - the bug with draft here again...
When you see ships like those that probably means that they have received damage in some previos AIvsAI engagement, or collision...or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vova78 View Post
Bug: NAO_Dithmarschen (NOL_Dale) has the wrong distant LOD (all black ship): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Thank you for your effort Vova. I'm already aware of almost all small glitches like those and when I learn how sone of them can be solved, I solve it. Never tried to fix this one though...Do you have the solution/fix maybe?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 05:47 AM   #4616
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post
but you cannot save game if you have ship nearby dont you?
This is strongly recommended by TWOS readme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1981 View Post
you can save,i always save game when some ships nearby,it is ok,and no error at all,,i even saved game when a large convey nearby....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
never save near ship, destroyed ship, convoys the game cos later u will get a corrupted save game and the game will crash ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1981 View Post
i have played 14 missions from 1939.Sep to1942.Nov,no ctd at all,,maybe i am lucky?
Actually, unlike SH3, almost 99% gamesaves made with AI units in your rendering area will work just fine.
I also frequently save my game in home port, before the attack with units in sight, friendly units i sight ect...
However, that "1 %" still remains and because of that I like to have few previous "safe"gamesaves in my pocket as a backup if something goes wrong. SH gamesaves are very, very complex...
I learned from my experience that gamesaves will become corrupted in situations when certain "bugged" units are present in the area, like damaged or more likely destroyed unit which doesn't want to sink (not always but sometimes) and especially over spawned airplanes bug (this one will corrupt gamesave for sure).

This bug can be recognized by sudden excessive game lag and FPS drop some time after convoy engagement and player can also spot in the area large airplanes formations with 10-20 airplanes or more. It can look impressive but saving game near these formations will most likely brake the gamesave.

Fortunately, these situations are not so common and if you have few "backup" gamesave in spare, effect on gameplay is minimal...

Saving and reloading the game when "sticky destroyer" occurs or in home port when orange anchor icon fail to pop-up are perfectly safe...

I hope this will make things more clear...

UPDATE
I think I have found functional solution for occasional corrupted game saves due to airplanes overspawn and probably other bugs in players rendering area...

Namely, one only have to delete "Special.txt" file from the gamesave folder (...Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\0000000*). The corrupted gamesave will become functional again...

It seems that this file contains data about current situation in players rendering area and if the game is saved in "wrong moment", the file will become corrupted.
By deleting it, all bugged units will be removed and player will be able to continue campaign...

Last edited by vdr1981; 04-09-16 at 05:25 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 06:21 AM   #4617
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262
Icon14

Thanks for the infos Vecka!

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 06:22 AM   #4618
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Vecko
I did a re-install to start a new campaign (Realistic) with patch 7
Changed the game option settings to 86% (No external view and no stabilize view) to get used to real navigation for the Baltic Operation.
Back in the bunker changed to patch 9 and using the bunker game save changed the game play options to 100%.
I can see the combined speed chart in the User Charts folder both in SH5\data\UserCharts and TWOS\data\UserCharts but it does not show in the game.

The individual charts worked in patch 7 ok so I cannot see what I have done wrong as the only change I have made is the patch updatte.
Reading the posts I am not the only one who has this problem.

As I said previously Sweet FX does not work, Historical Missions always a ctd on loading regardless of how often I re-install, and now no speed charts.
I do not think that I have done or am currently doing anything wrong that is causing these problems.

Peter.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 06:22 AM   #4619
vova78
Seaman

Downloads: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Do you have the solution/fix maybe?
I think the problem in NAO_Dithmarschen_LOD.GR2. I am currently looking into this.
vova78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 06:24 AM   #4620
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi zippy fingers, I mean Sjizzle lol.
I did not realize the keyboard could be that intense.
No offense taken by the way
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote