Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-17-18, 07:05 PM   #1
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedo reserves

Fellow Kaleuns, I am currently enjoying TWoS 2.2.9 after upgrading, and starting a new campaign a few days ago. My question is about the modifications to the torpedo reserve system. Please excuse me if this topic has been covered elsewhere, but all I have seen to date is the mention Vecko gives this topic in the TWoS version change-log. I attempted to load my reserve fwd torpedo about 800 KM's outside Bergen in the middle of the short night (it's middle of June 1940 after all) well now its about 4days of gametime later and I only have 20% of the transfer complete. What am I missing here? I attempted to do the transfer while sitting still but the speed of transfer didn't change.
My crew of course is brand new and have no upgrades to their abilities as of yet. Has anyone ran into this? Should transfer take several weeks?

BTW fellow Kaleuns if you install the new TWoS and were used to seeing no enemy aircraft until well into the day, lookout! I have seen aircraft multiple times now around 4:30-6 am!

-Wayne

-U203 Wilhlemshaven

Last edited by Rwearjr; 12-17-18 at 08:16 PM.
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-18, 09:49 PM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Unlock the ability, check the description and talk with your torpedoman. It's all pretty much self explanatory...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-18, 06:16 PM   #3
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

As always thank you Vecko, both for the answer and the great TWoS content. 2.2.9 reveals new, and well thought out surprises daily. I know (like many here at Subsim) I appreciate your efforts. Problem solved!

While I agree that the torpedo reserves fix may be "self explanatory" it wasn't intuitive. I typically only used the torpedo officers special abilities rarely, and of course having started a brand new campaign I had no reason to check his abilities page thinking it would be empty. It simply never occurred to me to look there, and I play this game nightly with real navigation 3-6 hours per session. Hopefully this thread will address this question for any other kaleuns who come across it, and just having the answer here on Subsim was a secondary reason for posting the question.

Of course once I inspected the special abilities page I found the free upgrade for "torpedo transfer" along with several other free special abilities in other areas, unexpectedly.

Your work here, along with our collection of awesome modders at Subsim continues to amaze. I truly thought you guys had squeezed about as much out of SH5 as possible, and only minor tweaks could be expected from here forward. Not so! 2.2.9 is a must have if you love this game, and I encourage every one here that appreciates TWoS to install it, well worth the trouble. Thank you Vecko,
-Wayne U-203 Wilhelmshaven
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote