SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-19, 06:09 AM   #136
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3
Default War didn't start?

In first mission, TWoS 2.2.9 with Real Nav enabled - it's 8:30, Sept. 01 1939 and the war has not started... or at least my sub didn't get the radio message about start of hostilities.

While I am happy for the world to avoid all this unnecessary bloodshed, I suspect there might be something wrong with my radio settings. Haven't really changed anything except for disabling the checkbox in Journal for crew messages appearing (to avoid cluttering my KTB with 99 reports of sighting the same fishing vessel and STILL being in shallow waters).

EDIT: Re-enabled the checkbox and it seems fixed - next radio message from BdU has appeared.

Last edited by kapuhy; 02-24-19 at 03:00 PM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-19, 06:33 AM   #137
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Vecko
Had to give up on real navigation.
Re-installed SH5
Downloaded v2.2.10 full version
Still the same problem with the navigator not performing his automatic map plotting.
I only get the first plot when the game starts the rest I have to do myself using the navigators icons.
I might go back later and be prepared to do it all myself.
In the meantime I am going to try the new version out using "silentotto"

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-19, 12:27 PM   #138
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Vecko
Had to give up on real navigation.
Re-installed SH5
Downloaded v2.2.10 full version
Still the same problem with the navigator not performing his automatic map plotting.
I only get the first plot when the game starts the rest I have to do myself using the navigators icons.
I might go back later and be prepared to do it all myself.
In the meantime I am going to try the new version out using "silentotto"

Peter
Have you tried disabling/re-enabling the auto-plot script?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-19, 02:21 PM   #139
THEBERBSTER

Hi gap
Thank you for the answer. It has been awhile since I played with real navigation and the script should give me the second plot fix from the navigator when enabled.
Peter
Old 02-25-19, 05:24 AM   #140
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi gap
Thank you for the answer. It has been awhile since I played with real navigation and the script should give me the second plot fix from the navigator when enabled.
Peter
Did you match script time index with your current in-game time?

Just tested Real nav "Position on patrol" scripts in my and game and everything was working fine...

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-25-19 at 05:34 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-19, 12:40 PM   #141
Aeoliar
Nub

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Can you clarify what you mean when you say "I declined the Steam mandatory. Other than that, all is well"? Thanks.
Hello

sorry for the late answer

To answer the question,I made a mistake in my sentence "I declined the steam mandatory"

I actually declined to run the steam conversion tool since my game is non-steam

Hope someone has an idea to make this stubborn window disappear...
Aeoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-19, 02:42 PM   #142
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Aeoliar!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-19, 02:56 PM   #143
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

I think I've found a little bug in radiomessages.txt for month 08.1939:

The "to" field in all messages in this file is left blank, and it seems to cause them not reaching the player. Since we start campaign on 31.08 only the last message from this file (Instructing German forces to start operations against Poland at 4:45) would ever be received, but it's kinda important one

I changed the "to" field to "player" and the message now appears at correct time when I start a campaign.

TWoS version 2.2.9
Old 02-25-19, 03:59 PM   #144
dark270
Swabbie

Downloads: 53

hey, I do have a question, the game started out fine, running the disc version, all updated and started a game with 2.2.9 and updated about early 1940(in-game)
now I got the message to not dock,(base change till June 7th, 1940) game seem to crash whenever I look at the captain's hat (right top menu) so I avoided it and made a few saved games along the way, now I can't even reload saved games, only from between dates, I can go back farther, and its ok

any ideas? maybe an issue with 2.2.9 going to 2.2.10?
running windows 10 and a computer i built, no issues any other place.
dark270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-19, 09:16 PM   #145
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390

You cannot update mid campaign. I’ve tried on many ways to do this. If you update you must start new campaign.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-19, 04:29 AM   #146
THEBERBSTER

Hi Vecko
Not a game problem, I just simply forgot about running the script.
Peter
Old 02-26-19, 04:30 AM   #147
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Aeoliar
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
Old 03-03-19, 02:22 PM   #148
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Default Saving, reloading, supermarks and radio messages

Using TWoS 2.2.9 on Win7 laptop, Steam version of the game (used Steam conversion tool as instructed during installation). From optional mods, enabled Real Navigation, Food Stacks, Reduced Explosions, Remove Flags and Encrypted BdU Orders.

I'm having following issues while saving / reloading game:

1) Destroyed marks/supermarks:

Destroyed marks do not show up when I use "Continue Campaign" option from main menu, but do show up when I use "Load Game" on the very same saved game.

Supermarks / Navigation fixes are the opposite - they only show up when game is loaded via "Continue Campaign" and not when I use "Load Game".

This happens 100% of the time I tried both these options.

2) Radio Messages:

Several issues here:

Issue 1: When I save game between the date/time a radio message starts and date/time it ends and I haven't received it yet, it will not be received at all upon loading the game and continuing. I ran DebugView and it seems radio message engine only loads messages which have not started their time yet.

So, for example, if a message is broadcasted from 05:00 to 15:00 and I have been underwater between 04:00 and 06:00, then surfaced, saved game and exited before message was received, upon loading the game the message will not be added as available even though theoretically it should still be broadcasted for 9 hours.

Issue 2: If I save game at, say, 05:00 game time, then continue playing, receive a bunch of messages save again (different save file) at 16:00 and then reload a save from 05:00, messages from between 05:00 and 16:00 are gone from the "later" save. EDIT: looking at Debug, the script deletes messages later than current date upon loading the game. The problem is that there's only one file with saved career messages per career, regardless of how many savegame files exist for this career.

Issue 3 (or 2A...possibly related to the above) - when playing (without any reverting to older saves) and continuing campaign through the "Continue Campaign" option, I've seen radio messages I have received earlier disappear upon loading game. Still unsure at which point exactly does this happen, hard to reproduce because they do not always disappear. It seems "Sub sighted", "Report status" and such disappear more often than campaign immersion messages, and only ones that never disappeared on me were Enigma coded messages.

I'll try to narrow down what causes all this but would appreciate if anyone could confirm if this would happen to others as well or it's something specific to my installation?

Last edited by kapuhy; 03-03-19 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-03-19, 02:37 PM   #149
bstanko6
Admiral

@kapuhy...

As far as the first issue, if I remember correctly, you can’t load from “continue” you are supposed from “load” screen for stability issues.

Although as long as you delete the auto-save before exiting the game and then start your game from “continue” i dont see an issue. Maybe someone can chime in.
Old 03-03-19, 02:42 PM   #150
bstanko6
Admiral

SH5 was a very broken/unfinished game. TWoS fixes most of it, but there is still a lot of give and take when it comes to playing it. The question becomes how bad do you want your supermarks?