SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-08-21, 11:55 PM   #406
prowler3
XO

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by froman22 View Post
4H_Ccrashh - this is amazing.

We are entirely similar coming back to SH3, both in (decadal) timing and motivation. You have saved me so much headache. Even though I found this relatively late in my journey back and starting to get this all working, I'm convinced that needing to find the real working Tycho patch elsewhere would have broken me. Not to mention the incredibly valuable (and perfectly working!!! Even on Win 10!) order of operations and clear instructions.

Thanks for this!

LOFL!!!

What a waste of time. I have been trying this (and others) for over a month...over and over. Bah!...Humbug. Throw a shovel full of dirt on SH3...say your respects...and find a modern version of a German WW2 sub simulation. If one doesn't exist...Oh well! SH3 USED to be fun...many moons ago. Now, after all the modding and widescreening and exe patching...it's so jacked up that the GWX mod will no longer get you through Kiel Kanal???
PUhlease...I used the GWX3 supermod for years...how did you people jack THAT excellent supermod up so bad?? ??????
prowler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 03:11 PM   #407
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler3 View Post
LOFL!!!

What a waste of time. I have been trying this (and others) for over a month...over and over. Bah!...Humbug. Throw a shovel full of dirt on SH3...say your respects...and find a modern version of a German WW2 sub simulation. If one doesn't exist...Oh well! SH3 USED to be fun...many moons ago. Now, after all the modding and widescreening and exe patching...it's so jacked up that the GWX mod will no longer get you through Kiel Kanal???
PUhlease...I used the GWX3 supermod for years...how did you people jack THAT excellent supermod up so bad?? ??????
I really don't see anyone else having as much trouble as you seem to have modding things.

There are certain truths to having a working SH3 install.

0. Rule Zero: read the mod install instructions completely before installing.
1. Never install to a protected directory.
2. Always run a clean install to initiating setup the save game folder and then never touch the clean install.
3. Use a multicopy for a separate install for each different mod soup or megamod.
4. Apply the 4GB patch.
5. Read the directions for the mod to be installed and ensure separate JSGME installed in each different SH3 install.
6. When activating mods with JSGME, be patient. Some of them take a really long time to backup and then install modded files.
7. Many mods will tell you a mod install order and compatible (or not) mods.
8. GUI mods usually always go as one of the last mods installed, followed by MFM (if using), h.Sie, and then the MFM skins.
9. ARB and Tycho patch have some specific instructions that must be followed to the letter.
10. TKSS / German U-boat compilation has to be on installed in a specific order with a GWX patch involved.
11. Several mods have megamod specific versions or patches.
12. Pay attention to what mod is overwritten by another mod when using JSGME - it provides hints as to conflicts that may cause CTDs or make the game buggy.
13. Some mods simply won't be compatible with others.
14. Some mods will not work with your hardware. I've never gotten the Ahnenerbe or MaGUI widescreen mods to work, but I did with ARB and the Tycho patch.
15. See Rule Zero.
3catcircus is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 02:17 PM   #408
David Standish
Nub

Downloads: 37
radar ARB WIDEGUI 1920 X 1080 MOD Install Help

I just downloaded the Mod and I have some questions. I purchased SH3 from UBISOFT 12/11/2020. I found the ARB WIDEGUI MOD on SUBSIM and downloaded it. Following the instructions I started to install the MOD but became confused with the backup step.

Question 1. Being that my copy of SH3 is on UBISOFT Connect does that present any special handling?

Question 2. On my PC the path to the .exe files, I presume is:
Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/Games/Silent Hunter 3.
There is a sh3.exe and sh3_g.exe file in this folder. Which one do I backup? Is there any other information I need in light of my setup.

Thank You
David Standish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 02:52 PM   #409
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Standish View Post
I just downloaded the Mod and I have some questions. I purchased SH3 from UBISOFT 12/11/2020. I found the ARB WIDEGUI MOD on SUBSIM and downloaded it. Following the instructions I started to install the MOD but became confused with the backup step.

Question 1. Being that my copy of SH3 is on UBISOFT Connect does that present any special handling?

Question 2. On my PC the path to the .exe files, I presume is:
Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/Games/Silent Hunter 3.
There is a sh3.exe and sh3_g.exe file in this folder. Which one do I backup? Is there any other information I need in light of my setup.

Thank You
Can't help with ubi connect. I have an older digital download from ubi that is standalone.

First - uninstall completely. You need SH3 to be installed in any other directory than the one you installed it in - the Program Files (x86) directory is protected. Something like c:\SilentHunter3 works.
3catcircus is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 07:33 PM   #410
David Standish
Nub

Default ARB WIDEGUI 1920 X 1080 MOD Install Help #2

Thanks for the help with the download, But after going through the install following the steps in the ARB Wide GUI post, there is no joy. I ran the bat file as per the post but it failed. I did download and installed JSGME as per the UTube video. I hope that is not the problem. Would somebody be so kind as to forward a detailed instruction sheet with detail on each step. I appreciate your help.

Thank You
Old 02-17-21, 09:47 PM   #411
David Standish
Nub

Default ARB WIDEGUI 1920 X 1080 MOD Install Help #2

Installed JSGME and ARB Widegui, I get an error "unable to start 3D engine" any clue what i am doing wrong?
Old 02-17-21, 10:45 PM   #412
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Downloads: 7

I believe that error message means you need to apply the 4gb patch.

Subtype Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 08:16 PM   #413
evangel
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8
Default Simple question

Hey guys. I'm new to submarine simulation games but I'm haing a lot of fun so far with SH3. I saw this mod and have installed it onto my copy of the game (I use LSH3 as my supermod) and everything works EXCEPT on the map screen specific tools are basically "mismatched" as in the protractor and ruler tool graphical elements are not actually on the mouse. It makes it really hard to mark things on the map and get manual targeting info because of this. Does anyone know of a fix or if I've installed something wrong? It would really help me. Thank you so much and keep up the great work on this mod it's amazing!
evangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 08:37 PM   #414
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

evangel!
& David Standish!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 10:11 PM   #415
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Welcome to subsim, evangel!

I also had this problem and found that it was a conflict between this mod and another mod. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the other mod. It may have been called the extended tools mod, but I'm not entirely sure.

Old 02-19-21, 12:40 AM   #416
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtype Zero View Post
I believe that error message means you need to apply the 4gb patch.
You're not thinking right. This means that you need to select the minimum desktop resolution or change the video card settings
Old 02-19-21, 12:54 AM   #417
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
You're not thinking right.
Not the first time someone has said that!

Old 02-19-21, 04:13 PM   #418
smms.uhu
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 35

Салют! В дополнении к моду ARB WideGui 1920x1080 v0.3.1 есть свободная камера в игре. Как я понял, она лежит в файле Cameras.dat. Скопировав этот файл в оригинальный (4:3) GWX 3.0, я получил смещение шкалы в перископе (сдвинулась вправо ~ на 10 гр). Отсюда мой вопрос - есть ли аналогичный мод для разрешения 4:3 ?
smms.uhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 09:08 AM   #419
BBwalk
Watch

Downloads: 305

I have the UbiSoft digital store version (v1.4 in-game bottom right corner) and also getting an error with step 6...

STEP SIX: Go into your Steam Silent Hunter 3 game folder and look for a file called PATCH_SH3. Double Click on it, A DOS window will open asking you to press any key. Do this a couple of times and the patch will make adjustments to your Steam SH3.EXE file.

The error reads...

"Sorry, no compatible version of sh3.exe found"
"Patching not possible! Exit."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
BBwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 12:27 AM   #420
David Standish
Nub

Default ARB WIDEGUI 1920 X 1080 MOD Install Help #3

OK I think I have most of this problem figured out. I do have a couple of final questions. My config is as follows:

1. New install of stock sh3 in unprotected dir
2. Backed up sh3.exe
3. JSGME installed and working in game dir.
4. SH3 Mod folders installed in JSGME (see below)

Adaptation for English & Deutsch
ARB Wide GUI 1920 x 1080
data
Manos environmental pro v5
optional
Thomsen's sound pack v3.2cg
TKSS18 German U-boats compilation
Tycho Sh3 Patch_v3
(5 Text Files)

My Questions:

1.What order should these mod folders get arranged in the activation column in JSGME?

2. Are the folders ok or do the files need to be removed from folders?

3. Does TychoSh3Patch.BAT get moved to JSGME Activation Colum or is it RUN manually in game folder and does it get RUN as administrator ?

4. Am I missing anything?

Thank You
I do appreciate your help