Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-22, 03:23 PM   #91
VipertheSniper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
being flippant is kind of counter productive is it not?
about as productive as anything coming from 2A absolutists
VipertheSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 04:07 PM   #92
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Sick.

Daniel Defence I understand is a weapon store/trader in the US, and obviously close to the NRA. The above was an advertisement posted one week before the amok run. They took the Tweet down after the incident, but the internet was faster, and does not forget and does not forgive.
Old 05-27-22, 04:43 PM   #93
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Found this article on BBC

Texas shooting: Where does US gun control go from here?

Quote:
Old roadblocks in Congress

In the weeks after Sandy Hook, a majority of US senators supported passing legislation requiring expanded background checks for gun purchases. Because of the filibuster - a parliamentary procedure that requires at least 60 votes in the 100-seat Senate to pass most legislation - a simple majority was not enough, however.

Today, only a handful of the 50 Republican senators appear open to new gun legislation, suggesting any new efforts will meet a similar fate.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61591236

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 05:46 PM   #94
Xerxes
Eejit's Mate Second Class

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Sick.

Daniel Defence I understand is a weapon store/trader in the US, and obviously close to the NRA. The above was an advertisement posted one week before the amok run. They took the Tweet down after the incident, but the internet was faster, and does not forget and does not forgive.

I wouldn't call it sick, rather, it's unfortunate timing. Very unfortunate.

I see nothing wrong with teaching kids about guns, I mean, a lack of a strong father figure, and of a caring community is what usually births creeps like the shooter. Just my two cents.
Old 05-27-22, 07:26 PM   #95
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I would be fine if we raise the age to legally buy, own, or handle firearms to 30. No exceptions.
When I was 23 dating my first wife and she had a child. I stayed with her on weekends as she was 1.5 hr from me and lived rural. One night while there I heard something in the basement. I got her gun I knew was there, a mere 410 pump shotgun and loaded it with 1 shell she had in the drawer. Anyways, they came up the stairs and opened the door to the main part and I fired, pretty dark. It was enuf they ran. A large knife was found. One was arrested a county over at the hospital saying he had an accident. The other was later arrested. One had just recently gotten out of prison for 7 years for attempted murder and rape. I made sure she had proper gun then. I already owned several being an avid hunter.
I'm OK with some extra gun laws, tho I don't think they'll ever stop mass school shootings if someone is determined to do it. However, anyone that lives as an adult, has a home and family has the right to defend it. One thing I notice with most murderers today arrested is they usually have a long violent rap sheet often with illegal gun charges. I see the NY subway murderer turned himself in. He had 19 previous arrest, many violent and several illegal gun charges. His last bail was $1000. With so many violent people let go so easily I'll stand by the fight to own guns to defend your life, home and family.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 07:30 PM   #96
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post

I see nothing wrong with teaching kids about guns, I mean, a lack of a strong father figure, and of a caring community is what usually births creeps like the shooter. Just my two cents.
Hell ya, Some of my fondest memories are range days with dad started when I think I was around 9 years old. That and during U.S. Army open house day getting to sight-in a 60mm mortar and use practice rounds to blow up a model village when I was in 10th grade.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 08:05 PM   #97
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Years ago the Wife and I went on vacation to Maui.
My StepSon was 17 and stayed at home since he had School and a job.
There were no fire arms in the house.

While gone people invaded my home and my StepSon and a friend ended up in the hospital. Luckily just beaten and not worse!

So now days? I'd just as soon shoot you dead as to argue with you on my property! I have signs that say exactly that!

Not a single Gun is registered. And they are all legal and not stolen.

Hell. I have the tooling to build fire arms in my basement!
Old 05-27-22, 08:16 PM   #98
Xerxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I would be fine if we raise the age to legally buy, own, or handle firearms to 30. No exceptions.

I think 21 for buying at the most. Regardless, if you're intent on breaking the law by murdering someone, a gun violation is the last thing you care about, especially if you're going on a murderous rampage.

As far as handling, that's too far, you'll get every pa who wants to take his son shooting arrested. That's IF you can enforce it. Again, if someone wants to go on a murderous rampage, they don't give a damn about any laws.
It would be a hindrance, and ineffectual, plus the New York subway shooter was in his 60s, proving that age has no bearing on the issue.

What we need is to bring back asylums, treat the mentally ill, encourage stronger communities and two-parent marriages, as well as beefing up school security in terms of doors and the like.

Last edited by Xerxes; 05-27-22 at 09:53 PM.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 08:28 PM   #99
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post

That young age. An AR.

SICK.
Whats next? Hand grenades for tenth birthday to bring the kids on the right path?
Old 05-27-22, 08:38 PM   #100
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I fear the people driving while playing on the damned phones more then a crazy with a Gun!

I actually retired since my Old Job had me on the road all the time.
I have Body Armour for the Shooters. So it's not the places I had to work and the crazy people there. It's Mr and Mrs play on the damned phones while driving!

You'd not believe the number of bodies I've seen on the road!
Old 05-27-22, 08:40 PM   #101
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 09:52 PM   #102
Xerxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
That young age. An AR.

SICK.
Whats next? Hand grenades for tenth birthday to bring the kids on the right path?

Obviously the child wouldn't posses or own it. I'd be more scared if the child had a handgun. Armalite Rifle or Avtomat Kalashnikova, proper gun safety and storage rules still apply. It's better to teach a child to respect firearms for what they are, then have lil johnny find grandma's gun and not know what it is. My father reared me on a BB gun, and eventually, he took me shooting. Any self respecting gun owner wouldn't give a 5-year old anything he couldn't handle, that's a given.

Also, hand grenades are for weaklings, I was gonna get timmy a pocket nuke, but never mind.
Old 05-28-22, 12:54 AM   #103
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Hell ya, Some of my fondest memories are range days with dad started when I think I was around 9 years old. That and during U.S. Army open house day getting to sight-in a 60mm mortar and use practice rounds to blow up a model village when I was in 10th grade.

But you didn't need to buy a gun for that.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 01:04 AM   #104
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Throwing the book at criminals and shipping them off to China to serve their sentences would do wonders to decrease criminal acts.
Old 05-28-22, 02:14 AM   #105
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Throwing the book at criminals and shipping them off to China to serve their sentences would do wonders to decrease criminal acts.

Not even capital punishment does have that effect.

The solution is prevention - prevent people from becoming criminals in the first place, by giving them a good education, perspectives and a purpose.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shooter