Old 06-02-22, 10:30 PM   #197
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Oh man, time to move to Colorado

I don’t get how this argument derailed going from medicines that are known to cause serious mental health ‘red flag’ issues that warnings of thoughts of violence, suicide, and homicide are on the label. Then about the lawful or unlawful use of marijuana of which there are no side effects of violence, suicide and homicide. WTF?

What about caffeine and nicotine? What about the herbs in your freaking cupboard, junipers, oregano, sage, hyssop, rosemary, what about lettuce greens? All are known to contain some amount psychoactive properties. Shouldn’t we make it unlawful to purchase a firearm if you have those in your pantry?

Hell, f-it ban it all man, including all fire arms. I’m fine with it. The only meds you can get are the ones the glorious party leaders and pharmaceutical companies say you can have. Like the ones known to cause violent, suicidal, or homicidal thoughts. Who knows maybe they can mandate their use again like it was done before and charge parents with child abuse if they disagree.

Let me know if anyone wants to get back to the original argument about red flags concerning mental health, violence, suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Jesus

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-02-22 at 10:45 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 10:51 PM   #198
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Let me know if anyone wants to get back to the original argument about red flags concerning mental health, violence, suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Jesus
Voting for Trump will probably serve as enough evidence for a democrat leaning kangaroo court to red flag you. Here's an example of how easy it is to do something like this to a citizen https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/wen...ts-1235181112/ I'm not even sure I want to keep money in a bank anymore.

I have no idea about pot. I never touched the stuff my entire life, and then tried to inhale some a few years ago. I could not make myself inhale it, so I might be the one person in the world that could believe gold ol' Bill Clinton about that one.

Last edited by em2nought; 06-02-22 at 10:56 PM. Reason: pot
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 05:13 AM   #199
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:

What about caffeine and nicotine? What about the herbs in your freaking cupboard, junipers, oregano, sage, hyssop, rosemary, what about lettuce greens? All are known to contain some amount psychoactive properties. Shouldn’t we make it unlawful to purchase a firearm if you have those in your pantry?

My home made pizza sauce contains a few of those ingredients. I will have to rename my pizza “ Psychoactive surprise. “

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post

I have no idea about pot. I never touched the stuff my entire life, and then tried to inhale some a few years ago. I could not make myself inhale it, so I might be the one person in the world that could believe gold ol' Bill Clinton about that one.

I never touched that or any other drugs either. Bill Clinton said he never inhaled marijuana smoke. I think ole Bill was inhaling marijuana smoke when the Monica Lewinsky indictments and trial broke, though.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 08:29 AM   #200
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:

I don’t get how this argument derailed going from medicines that are known to cause serious mental health ‘red flag’ issues that warnings of thoughts of violence, suicide, and homicide are on the label. Then about the lawful or unlawful use of marijuana of which there are no side effects of violence, suicide and homicide. WTF?

You derailed it (go back and reread the posts). Getting back to the "Red Flag Laws". Do any of you think through the pros & cons of your proposals objectively, or do you just go with whatever the "Talking Heads" propose and makes you feel good?
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 09:48 AM   #201
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Jesus, look at the beginning of the post thread. I am speaking specifically of prescribed medicines which have printed on their labels known side effects, namely violent, homicidal, and suicidal behavior or thoughts. I’m suggesting if people are looking for red flags then that should be something to consider. Bear in mind:

A red flag law is a gun control law that permits police or family members to petition a state court to order the temporary removal of firearms from a person who may present a danger to others or themselves.

Obviously sometimes a hard decision for the courts to make. But here’s what I’m saying, if someone is ALREADY taking medication(s) that may cause heinous thoughts and behavior. Then that should be considered a red flag and bar the purchase of a firearm.

The point me and few other were making about marijuana laws which you so graciously brought up.
Quote:
That takes care of about 11% of the population, add in those of you who self medicate (alcohol, marijuana, etc) and the percentage is significantly higher.
Maybe I’m wrong, if so I apologize. But it seemed you implied that marijuana and alcohol should be included. In reply I tried to point out marijuana does not or is not known to cause “red flag” behaviors. Any laws regrading it’s use is IMO a completety separate issue and deserves its own thread.

I know this will irk the mandate Nazis and believers in their god science as told by the party bosses.
https://www.cchrint.org/pdfs/violence-report.pdf

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-03-22 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-03-22, 11:56 AM   #202
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Good luck Mr President.

Quote:
"Why in God's name should an ordinary citizen be able to purchase an assault weapon that holds 30-round magazines, that let mass shooters fire hundreds of bullets in a matter of minutes?" the Democratic president continued.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61678983

As outsider who does not understand the Americans inner child, I don't understand what an ordinary American need an assault weapon with 30 round magazine to.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 01:11 PM   #203
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Good luck Mr President.

Quote:
Why in God's name should an ordinary citizen be able to purchase an assault weapon that holds 30-round magazines, that let mass shooters fire hundreds of bullets in a matter of minutes?" the Democratic president continued.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61678983

Markus

One thing is for sure, after that speech there was a major spike in gun sales across the U.S. Happens evertime

Old 06-03-22, 01:31 PM   #204
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

i got a m-14 or a m1a fun to shoot even put a 10 round mag in it use it last year deer hunting my dad was a Marine in Nam use the m-14 his eyes lit up when he seen it also i work for a school district here we have lock doors even some of the schools are putting fences up if someone wants in bad enough nothing in the world going stop them i have two options to protect my kids if it happens try to get close enough and use hand to hand odds of that working slim other option soak up the rounds give my kids a few more minutes the option i like to have let me carry my ultra compact 45 least i would have a fighting chance to protect my kids or if i get it maybe someone a teacher or one of my kids could get hold of it and put it too use
Old 06-03-22, 01:37 PM   #205
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
One thing is for sure, after that speech there was a major spike in gun sales across the U.S. Happens evertime
No doubt about it-But can you enlighten me as an outsider why an ordinary person in USA need an assault weapon with a 20 or a 30 round magazine ?

Isn't a 9 mm handgun enough ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 01:55 PM   #206
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
No doubt about it-But can you enlighten me as an outsider why an ordinary person in USA need an assault weapon with a 20 or a 30 round magazine ?

Markus
Enough for what? You seem to be focused on the usual media arguments revolving around self defense, militias, Democrat vs Republican etc etc. But there is a lot of fun for the caveman in all of us to be had too.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-03-22 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-03-22, 06:32 PM   #207
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:

But it seemed you implied that marijuana and alcohol should be included. In reply I tried to point out marijuana does not or is not known to cause “red flag” behaviors. Any laws regrading it’s use is IMO a completety separate issue and deserves its own thread.
https://www.cchrint.org/pdfs/violence-report.pdf
You are correct, I did imply it, and they should be included with the other psychotropic medications.

My problem is that your "proposals" are straight from the movie "Minority Report", and taking away peoples rights BEFORE they've committed a crime is something I will not endorse.
Old 06-03-22, 07:07 PM   #208
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:

Markus
Lets be clear, American civilians are not allowed to own "assault weapons" without the proper licensing and background check (the background check is more comprehensive than the NICS check usually done for weapons purchases.)

What you mistakenly call an assault weapon is a semi-automatic sport rifle, an assault rifle (weapon) on the other hand has a "selector switch" allowing the rifle to be fired semi-automatic, 3-rnd burst, or fully automatic.

As for why we need 20-30 round magazines, 3-gun competition comes to mind.
Old 06-03-22, 08:59 PM   #209
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Markus

Well for one reason a well regulated militia is necessary for the security of a free state.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 09:36 PM   #210
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
You are correct, I did imply it, and they should be included with the other psychotropic medications.

My problem is that your "proposals" are straight from the movie "Minority Report", and taking away peoples rights BEFORE they've committed a crime is something I will not endorse.
Ya maybe it does, just a little. But then what is the idea behind barring someone from purchasing a firearm because they used marijuana?

I’m just throwing out ideas. It’s been said Democrats no longer accept donations from the gun lobby. But damn do they ever rake it from the pharmaceutical companies. So I expect prescription drugs that are known to cause some pretty heinous side effects will never be considered anyway.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-03-22 at 10:50 PM.

Tags
shooter