SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-30-23, 07:39 PM   #331
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

PB - thanks will try the latter.

Have a different question:
Have made some changes to my computer and have had to reload the whole thing. But where does LHS32022 store the sub commanders records? When I now load SH3 of course it defaults to the beginning of the world...er, at the 1939 campaign. Is there a way to recover the amazing records of several Kaleun from earlier hours of play? Or do I just start all over again as a rookie?
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 10:07 PM   #332
Archive1
Commander

All:
Please let me know where in the LSH3 2022 program files the careers are stored for Commander access. They are hiding there somewhere, but I need to find them to get Commander access after my latest computer problems.
-=Archive1=-
Old 12-02-23, 05:18 PM   #333
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

If you are referring to the progress you have made in your career, you have to have the game re-installed in the same folder, with the same mods activated, and still have all of the old data available. If you had to install a new hard drive, then on the old hard drive, it would be the old "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH3", unless you changed it with MultiSH3 to use a different Save folder. If you have a new "C:" drive installed, and the old drive is still available to use, when you connect it to the computer, it most likely wouldn't be "C:" drive any longer, but maybe D:, or some other letter, depending upon how many other drives you have installed. If the old data is not available, then you would have to start a career all over again, in whatever year you want to.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-23, 05:56 PM   #334
Archive1
Commander

PB:
Thanks for the reply...am attempting to sort it all out with respect to what was done here with my computer. But to simplify...I know that SH3 used to put cumulative career data for each sub commander in a File in the Documents section of Windows. And that data was reloaded or referenced each time SH3 or Commander was opened or started for an ongoing campaign for a particular experienced sub commander.

I suspect that LSH3 does something similar and stores the same data for each sub commander's career somewhere, to be available each time it or Commander opens. But I do not know where that file is located or what it is labelled or if I can get Commander or LSH3 to open and read it.

Would one of the developers know? Please excuse if you are one of them. I don't know the names of any.

Does this clarify my question? Or just muddy the waters further.
Thanks again.
-=Archive1=-
Old 12-03-23, 06:18 PM   #335
Archive1
Commander

PB:
Actually I have found the file that contains the patrol data of all my experienced sub commanders that LSH3 2022 is not finding. It is in C: Documents/V2C - all the sub commanders with their multiple patrols (some up to 20 patrols) are listed in:
C: Documents/V2C/data/cfg/Careers
Now the question is how do I get LSH32022 to find this file and read it?
-=Archive1=-
Old 12-04-23, 08:56 AM   #336
propbeanie

I had assumed when you used "Commander", you were referring to the boat commander, and not to SH3 Commander - my bad - sorry about that. How did you fix your LSH issues? Did you do a re-install, or just copy the game files elsewhere? I do not have LSH active on my computer at this time, but if the SH3 Commander is installed with the LSH install, then you might have to copy and paste that "V2C" folder somewhere 'safe' outside of the Documents folder, then re-install LSH or SH3 Commander, then paste the contents of the "Careers" folder into the new folder structure. You might first look and see if there isn't a similarly named folder in the Documents folder that already contains the new data, and you could copy the old info into that new folder. You do have to be careful though when editing Save folders, since that can trash what you already have. Perhaps someone who has the mod installed and active on their computer will come along and offer better advice than my old memory bank...

Old 12-08-23, 11:10 PM   #337
Archive1
Commander

PB:
I had hoped that someone would alert one of the LSH3 "designers" or modelers or whatever they are, that I need an answer about where LSH3 stores sub-commander's careers. If I knew I could drop the saved V2C/data list into that file.
But silence...no answers. No responses.
-=Archive1=-
Old 12-11-23, 10:29 AM   #338
propbeanie

You could try doing a PM to members blueduck or blackswan40. They should get an email notification for that. There are also other members around. Look for their "torpedo" logo in their "signature" where they post other replies.

Old 12-11-23, 05:47 PM   #339
Archive1
Commander

Thanks PB- will look.
I have installed a new, clean copy of LSH3 2022. And put the four 'veteran' sub commanders records into what appears to be the proper (maybe) C: Documents/Careers folder. And when I click on the new 2022 Commander icon, hooray, it finds them...but...teeth gnash... it then opens the old SH3 program not the desired LSH3 program. So now I ask, where's the LSH3.exe program and why doesn't the Commander program listed in the new LSH3 file find it instead of an old SH3.exe program?

Mysterious ways. I think one of the program designers/programmers could sort this out quickly. I do have a bit of trouble using the PM messaging system. Hard to find PM label/icon/whatever to click on to write a PM, even with the name of a desired recipient. Maybe I just click on the member's Name under the stuff in the Left column?...will see.

Anyway, thanks. Will keep you informed.
-=Archive=-
Old 12-12-23, 06:37 AM   #340
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Click on whoever you want to message and a drop down menu will appear.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-23, 09:49 AM   #341
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

@Archive1
You must specify the path to the new folder with the LSH game in the SH3Commander settings
Old 12-12-23, 07:59 PM   #342
Archive1
Commander

Anvar:
Thanks but...for me...
Commander will only accept "E:Games/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter III" as an entry and then (of course) it opens SH3 not LSH3 2022.
If I type in "E:Games/LSH3 2022" Commander will not accept that entry - I get the message "Cannot find SH3.exe in that folder" Well, that's true the SH3.exe file is in another folder...the Silent Hunter III folder. I would think that Commander would need to look for something like LSH3.exe, but nowhere do I see that .exe program in the LSH3 2022 listing.
I do not know what I should enter to satisfy Commander - it seems hung up on looking for SH3.exe And I do not remember what I entered before that made it function correctly. Maybe I just drop a copy of the SH3.exe icon into the list of files under LSH3-2022 and Commander will be satisfied and actually open LSH3 2022...but that really doesn't make any sense.
Somehow I managed to do something right earlier that made everything work perfectly for a long time. Sorry, but this aging mariner is floundering.
-=Archive1=-
Old 12-13-23, 01:05 AM   #343
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Archive1 is your stock SH3 install in Program/Files X86 if so thats the problem install Stock SH3 outside Program Files X86 just on drive C:/ and same with LSH2022 and also the LSH2022 Built in commandermod.
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-23, 03:04 PM   #344
Archive1
Commander

Blackswan:
Glad to hear from you.

Ubisoft, SH3, LSH3-20 AND LSH3 2022 are all in E:/Games. None of them is in either of the C: Program folders (that is, not in C:Program Files or C:Program Files (86).
Does this confuse things even more?
Appreciate the help.
-=Archive1=-
Old 12-13-23, 06:05 PM   #345
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

All should be ok then all you need to do like Anvart said tell the commander mod were your LSH2022 is in stalled and you should be up and running Sir.
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote