SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-10-15, 11:36 AM   #1621
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 164
Uploads: 0

are there some news?

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 05:09 PM   #1622
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
are there some news?
Nope! You've insulted my precious Sophie, so I'm quitting the mod! Lol...as you may know she makes an appearance at 13:04 in the "Wolves of the Kaiser" Lusitania video I posted on Youtube in May.

Actually, I am continuing to work on the Britannic and U-31 Class (Early War Variant)...as well as the weather system. No more screenshots for now because I want to have interesting shots to show you.

Oliver, you asked about snow? I have an idea to implement snowstorms, although I am not 100% certain it will work. You could probably create an environmental unit consisting of clouds, and have it emit particles like ships emit funnel smoke using S3ditor's functions. Weather fronts, etc could spawn near Iceland or Russia with different probability at various times of year-just like adding a ship unit to the campaign layer.

The particle generation system in SH3/SH4 is very useful...in theory, you could make it snow torpedoes or rain battleships if you wanted.

Thanks for the comments guys; it keeps me motivated!
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 05:32 PM   #1623
Char
Medic

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
The particle generation system in SH3/SH4 is very useful...in theory, you could make it snow torpedoes or rain battleships if you wanted.

I'm sure many people have just gotten a GREAT idea on that information. I await the hilarious game breaking results.
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 06:33 PM   #1624
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Nope! You've insulted my precious Sophie, so I'm quitting the mod! Lol...as you may know she makes an appearance at 13:04 in the "Wolves of the Kaiser" Lusitania video I posted on Youtube in May.

Actually, I am continuing to work on the Britannic and U-31 Class (Early War Variant)...as well as the weather system. No more screenshots for now because I want to have interesting shots to show you.

Oliver, you asked about snow? I have an idea to implement snowstorms, although I am not 100% certain it will work. You could probably create an environmental unit consisting of clouds, and have it emit particles like ships emit funnel smoke using S3ditor's functions. Weather fronts, etc could spawn near Iceland or Russia with different probability at various times of year-just like adding a ship unit to the campaign layer.

Thanks for the comments guys; it keeps me motivated!
Wow, I can't wait to see your new units and environment effects.
But you have not answered about SW ships.
However good hunt IABL

Old 12-11-15, 07:07 PM   #1625
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
I'm sure many people have just gotten a GREAT idea on that information. I await the hilarious game breaking results.
Oh if knew how next video of SH4 anyone would see on Youtube would be the entire allied fleet raining down upon the Japanese.
Old 12-12-15, 06:33 PM   #1626
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

@Oliver - About these other ships - I may ask once I get the time to implement them in the game.

A little weekend project...! Based on photographs taken before the ship's loss, metal plates were riveted to the bottoms of the davit girders for some reason - these have been added...with 3d rivets.

Several davits are known to have had ladders on the sides.

It's been interesting (and confusing) to research just what they looked like...FYI the davits as installed on "Britannic" were actually different from their blueprints, which I have a copy of in a book I bought. Also, each model maker seems to have designed them differently on their particular model of the ship.

Interestingly, they were designed to transfer lifeboats across the deck, if needed, so that if the Britannic listed to one side all lifeboats could be usable.

Old 12-15-15, 12:22 PM   #1627
中国水兵

In my personal opinion, for the new AI lifeboat, you can use a similar model.
An other thing, can you insert in the game the steam launches please?
I'm really curious to see them in the game

Last edited by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt; 12-15-15 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-24-15, 05:51 PM   #1628
中国水兵

Hy IABL, I and cloadmcally want to give you a "christmas present": I know it is too early, but we are making a complete ww1 sound mod for WOTK, I hope you like this gift.
Are there some news about new units, I'm really curious to see some new.

Old 12-28-15, 06:49 PM   #1629
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Hy IABL, I and cloadmcally want to give you a "christmas present": I know it is too early, but we are making a complete ww1 sound mod for WOTK, I hope you like this gift.
Are there some news about new units, I'm really curious to see some new.
Thanks very much! Do you have any sound files of men talking in German? I need background noise for the submarine's crew areas. Also, if you have lots of different explosion and shellfire noises that would be helpful. I will try to get some pics of the steam launches ingame for you later on.
Old 12-28-15, 06:57 PM   #1630
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

A little new year's update as development picks up the pace....this is just some of what I did on my Christmas break.

NEW FRIENDS, NEW ENEMIES, NEW MEDALS, NEW EFFECTS. The buildings are inspired by Rise of Flight screenshots but, modified, and this will be a non-commercial use.

Old 12-28-15, 06:59 PM   #1631
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Old 12-29-15, 02:28 AM   #1632
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

This just gets better and better.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 06:28 AM   #1633
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Great video on the Lusitania!

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 06:36 AM   #1634
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Thanks!

As you know, the stock medal system is broken for SH4; even the supermods like TMO were only partly able to fix it. My solution?

All medals will be handled through the Equipment Upgrade screen. You will be responsible for awarding yourself (although there will be renown limits - you'll need many thousands of Renown Points for the Blue Max, etc, compared to the Iron Cross 2nd Class). There will be a Medals Case on your boat to display them.

You will also be able to earn trophies from ships you sink or planes you shoot down (Life Ring, Captain's Pistol, etc.)

I tested the medal seen above ingame last week (Bavarian Military Merit Order), and it worked without a hitch. Now to design the other medals, items, and the wooden Display Case.
Old 12-29-15, 07:40 AM   #1635
中国水兵

WOW!!! You have done an excellent work with the new submarines, new buildings etc. (I saw you have made the U-93 class, so, if you want, can you make the U-81 class submarine? They were powerful boats and very similar than U-93, but they had only 2 bow torpedo tubes and 2 stern torpedo tubes)
Regarding the sounds, we want to make a mod similar than the "Thomsen sound pack", but with new weapons' sounds,shells explosions, new crew sounds, new alarms... So we will recreate a perfect ww1 stile sound mod for your epical work, and if you want to add a british campaign, we will make an english version of the mod.
We will use sound from ww1 movies like Britannic, Lusitania, Morgenroth and Das Boot (modified, because this movie take place during ww2, but I'm sure you just know that)

Last edited by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt; 12-29-15 at 01:51 PM.