SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-11, 11:10 PM   #571
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
*Still trembling, holding his riffle pointed towards the deceased*

What the hell was that? Did I really saw, what I saw?

So it's all true. We are getting killed by monsters.

*Turns around and talks to no one particular*

This was the most awe full thing I've ever seen.
Can someone confirm that I'm awake and not dreaming?

Old 06-27-11, 11:49 PM   #572
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Nisgeis ran into camp breathlessly shouting “Hello?! Anyone?! Is it too late? I know what we must do now!!” Finding no one immediately around, he runs to the Oberst’s office and bursts in. “Oberst! Forgive me, but I…”. Nisgeis stopped dead as he saw the blood soaked remains on the bed. “NO! NO! NO! This cannot be! I am too late! Curse my stupidity… my arrogance! What a fool I was to think I could bottle the devil! May the good Lord forgive me.”

Nisgeis ran back into the courtyard and shouted out “Forces of evil I will destroy you with my faith! You cannot hide! You cannot run! God gives me the strength and I shall smite you all down!”

Nisgeis then ran through the castle searching for any survivors. The first person he found was Rear. He grabbed him by the lapels and shouted “It’s not too late! We can still do it!” his eyes wide with intensity “Who else? Who else was killed? Oh Lord, how long did it take for my eyes to open? Was it a day? Two? A Week? If it is a week, then… all is lost! Is it too late? No, stop!” He looked away at the ground and frowned. “Think man!” he said to himself, “Use your head. Think!”

Nisgeis rubbed one hand on his face, feeling his stubble. “Not much more than a day or two’s growth” he looked up and smiled brightly “We CAN do it!”. “WHO IS LEFT!? You MUST tell me!”

Nisgeis calmed after being told that there has been only one more death since his departure and that one of the beasts has been destroyed. “That is very bad, but also we have a great chance now. We must work together to destroy the evil that has befallen us.”

“Yes, we must organise and I must get cleaned up, I am in no fit state to talk to anyone.” Nisgeis seemed to come to his senses and for the first time he seemed to recognise Hauptmann Rear and looked at his hands. “I’m sorry” he said as he released Rear’s lapels. “I’m going to get myself cleaned up.” He turned and walked away wearily, with his head down.
Old 06-27-11, 11:51 PM   #573
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

After cleaning up, Nisgeis asked for all the Germans, British and American to be assembled in the mess hall. Once assembled, he addressed them:

“A short while ago, I am unsure now of exactly how long it was, I left this castle to investigate the nunnery to the Northeast. “Something overwhelming happened to me up there. As soon as I stepped inside, I was deafened by a powerful voice. I was unable to think above the noise. I tried to resist against it, but the more I fought it the louder it became. I lay there for what seemed like an eternity, paralysed. Eventually my spirit to fight was broken. I let down my defences and the noise flooded over me… through me! It was painful, but oddly enlightening. I was forced to relive over and over my many personal atrocities that I am ashamed to say I once enjoyed inflicting. Once my own personal disgust at my actions had grown to a level I did not think I could bear, the noise became soothing and I must have passed out, for when I awoke I was at peace with myself.”

“I knew then what I must do.”

“A few days ago, I was so vain, so stupid… I actually thought I could capture a beast and experiment on it for the Reich. I was so short sighted, so weak! These creatures are pure evil. A tool of the devil. A thing so toxic, to touch it is to touch death itself.”

“We must work together. We are still enemies and we are still at war, the difference is that the sides and the rules have changed. There is no Geneva convention for us. The new enemy are the creatures and if only this new enemy would wear a uniform there could be no mistake, but that is not the case. They wear their fur on the inside. We must examine every story, every clue, every sentence uttered and cross examine each other without malice or fear of retribution. If we do not work together then we are all dead. Do you hear me? We will all die, if we try to save ourselves individually. We must save all of us, or none will survive.”

“We must not act as Axis versus Allies, but as humans against beasts. They are evil beasts that absolutely will not stop until we are dead.”

“I understand the natural reaction is to turn on anyone seen as an accuser, in case that person accuses you next, so it is a natural self preservation reaction, but we must not think that way as it is counterproductive. I fear that the current climate is inclined to vote for people who carefully consider and present evidence against others. If we carry on like that, we will destroy our best detectives and clues and then we are done for. We must be open with our discussion and not punish free thinking. Evidence presented must be debated and discussed, without the presenter being fearful of being lynched. The smallest detail could be crucial.”

“When voting it would also be helpful to state the reasons why you believe the person you are voting for is a foul creature.”

“By the way, does everyone think it wise to vote to lynch the person who has provided us with concrete evidence as to the numbers of the evil creatures and could continue to do so? “

“It is vital to know their numbers. I must examine the body of the Oberst. A job I shall no longer relish.” Nisgeis is quiet for a moment and then says, with a slight waver in his voice “I still have the notes to compare the wounds against. Hopefully this is not the work of a new beast.”
Old 06-28-11, 12:21 AM   #574
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

After finishing the examination, Nisgeis stands and says to himself "With each attack, these foul creatures betray themselves even more. Each corpse brings a new vital clue to the identity of the beasts."
Old 06-28-11, 02:02 AM   #575
Rear
Helmsman

Downloads: 22

"Calm yourself Nisgeis. Did you find anything at the Nunnery that you might be able to report officially? Also, since you are back, I grant command to you for the night."

((OOC:Going to work again bah!))

Old 06-28-11, 03:13 AM   #576
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Jimbuna turns his back on the body of what was commonly known by the name of LJ and thought to himself 'well, at least they now have some idea of what we are up against'.

He turned and looked again at the corpse and could find no resemblance to that with which he had come face to face with the other night and wondered 'do they look different from one another at all...surely they must'.

His last thought on the matter was 'we are obviously up against more than one'.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-28-11, 03:16 AM   #577
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna left the mess hall at the end of Nisgeis speech and couldn't stop himself from smirking 'so the SS guy has returned?.....how convenient. Nope my old son I still believe a leopard never changes its spots'.

Old 06-28-11, 07:17 AM   #578
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Watching from the north tower as Lord Justice gets the receiving end of the rifles....

*speaking to self out loud*

"Oh schnitzel! He is a werewolf! I have never seen such a ghastly beast. Not even in my worst nightmares! What have these Tommies brought to the island? Holle, what have we brought to this island? This is madness. To make matters worse, our feared SS man returns like this is just another day at the park. I find this all very interesting. I shall as Nisgeis his new plans since it does not include cracking knuckles anymore."

Note to self, do not make notes to self like Lord Justice. Apparently that is warrant enough to tie you to a post and get shot. Madness....
Old 06-28-11, 07:18 AM   #579
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 5
The spectacle of the lifeless Petty Officer as a limp hairy corpse was too much to bear. The Officer had served with dignity, only to be assassinated on a far away isle. Pioneer bent down and retrieved the papers and pencil that still lay in the officers jacket before standing up again.

He stepped back, saluted, and turned.

The night was still young.

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Old 06-28-11, 07:19 AM   #580
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

*Shivers slightly*

"I was right. God help us. If Lord Justice could have been a monster, so could all of us."
Old 06-28-11, 07:30 AM   #581
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

*lies on his bunk*

Lord Justice was a beast. But, that's impossible, nobody has been murdered on the boat before we got here. Could the Germans have done something to him? And that SS person, his sudden attitude reversal is suspicious, I still think he is insane...
Old 06-28-11, 07:36 AM   #582
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

This deal with Nisgeis is all to cleverly played. He is up to something. Disappears for the night and returns a different man. Something smells rotten in Finland. I believe he is a great actor and has perfected his trade to help serve his role as a SS officer. Afterall, other than physcial harm to extract information what else is also employed to gain information? Deception! Nisgeis has been pulling the strings since the Brits arrived. Come daybreak and if I survive this night(I should..I have enough weapons to serve the Eastern Front) I will speak with Nisgeis. Think I will be asking more questions than he this time.
Old 06-28-11, 08:12 AM   #583
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna contemplates....'Now that everyone knows what we face I shouldn't be suprised if there is a witch hunt this evening. Things are now starting to get very interesting'....(checks his silver Talisman dagger).

Old 06-28-11, 09:08 AM   #584
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

After Nisgeis' speech, Mookie slipped away from the group to do a bit of impromptu exploration. He made his way through the darkness and across the small stream on the western side of the prisoner barracks. A chill wind blew through his uniform and straight into his bones. He pulled his collar up to try and cut some of the iciness. Mookie was keenly aware of every sound around him, and a sense of uneasiness permeated his mind. As he trekked on through the darkness, the uneasiness turned to dread. The normal sounds of the night - breezes rustling leaves, the ocean waves lapping at the shore - turned into a cacophony of evil.

Mookie turned and ran back to the castle.

"Right then, much better light for this sort of thing during the day. Much better. Much bettermuchbettermuchbetter..."

He babbled his mantra all the way back to the rest of the group until he was back safely in the confines of the castle.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 06-28-11, 09:59 AM   #585
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

As the long night wore on August continued to reflect on the SS mans wild tale.

"The only people who have given me any reason to suspect them are the SS man and Hauptman Rear.

First, the SS Man. I suspect him because, well because he's an SS man and they are evil even in human form, but mostly because he told me personally that he was a werewolf in a PM he sent to me just before he disappeared. I don't buy this sudden religious epiphany one little bit. He still wears the Deaths Head on his black uniform.

Second, Hauptman Rear. He has deliberately isolated himself every night since this horror began, even after assuming command. Abandoning ones troops is totally counter to the actions of a competent officer and we only have his word that he locked himself away.

When Private Enigma attempted to communicate with him he was told to shove a message under the door even though it was delivered. Since Enigma was obviously a human there must have been some other reason why Rear didn't want Enigma to see him.

Coupled with his eagerness to defend Nisgeis and his quick accusation against me, I feel they must be werewolves. But which one is the more dangerous of the two? If Enigma and I survive the night I will recommend that we execute one of them and chain the other one up in the dungeon."

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Closed Thread