SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-10, 01:42 PM   #226
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumat83 View Post
Maybe You haven't seen my question . I know that you have many many questions to answer
what version of the mod are you using? In v1.1.0 there is an option:

##################################### Player Guidance (SH3/4/5 modes) ####################################
PlayerGuidanceEnabled = False

by default it's disabled. Sounds like you're using a later version (like v1.0.0)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 01:43 PM   #227
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Will the Telegraph still overlap?
I'll move the officers to the left so that they don't underlap the telegraph for those using 1024 X 768 res.
Old 03-31-10, 01:45 PM   #228
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cothyso View Post
I don't know if you've seen this:

Also, maybe instead the Xed icon for the order category that doesn't meet conditions using a dark greyed icon would be much better (as the X would make the icon underneath hardly recognisable and would visually "crowd" the icons).

Awesome work, as usual.
the X isn't really a big deal. The icon still has a tooltip so if you hover the mouse over it you'll find out what it is. I like the X vice nothing shown. Making it turn a darker color would add too much complexity and work (not to mention making the .dds file bigger).
Old 03-31-10, 01:47 PM   #229
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Using the UZO and Periscope I found that the Crew Warning Text box covers the XO Pic/Button. This is just a PITA and nothing is broken.
Can the XO button and Interactive Dialog window be moved slightly to the left of the Text box?

-TheBeast
you're using a version of my mod that a) I didn't approve or give permission to use my code and b) doesn't look like was designed correctly. In short, a copy of my work.
Old 03-31-10, 01:47 PM   #230
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Maybe You haven't seen my question . I know that you have many many questions to answer
Lumat,
For your question there has been already made a mod. Take a look into
the mod section.
Old 03-31-10, 02:07 PM   #231
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

##################################### Player Guidance (SH3/4/5 modes) ####################################

by default it's disabled. Sounds like you're using a later version (like v1.0.0)
He, for some reason, wants the objectives not to be shown either.

It's pretty trivial to remove all ability to see what you're supposed to be doing, but if you remove the yellow ! icon, would that also remove the objective updates as well?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 03:45 PM   #232
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

Quote:

Thank for your answer. I use the v1.1.0 and I've this option (PlayerGuidanceEnabled) to False in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file.

But I've always this icon

Java's revenge,
this mod (Player Guidance Icons Removed v1.02 ?) doesn't work with the Multiple UI.
(Many artefacts appear on the screen)

Last edited by lumat83; 03-31-10 at 04:40 PM.
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 07:59 PM   #233
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Thank for your answer. I use the v1.1.0 and I've this option (PlayerGuidanceEnabled) to False in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file.

But I've always this icon

Java's revenge,
this mod (Player Guidance Icons Removed v1.02 ?) doesn't work with the Multiple UI.
(Many artefacts appear on the screen)
ok. What mission were you running in this screenshot? I'd like to duplicate this so I can see what I did wrong or missed.
Old 03-31-10, 11:34 PM   #234
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
you're using a version of my mod that a) I didn't approve or give permission to use my code and b) doesn't look like was designed correctly. In short, a copy of my work.
WTF, you told me to try this version(NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith). It is your work!

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 12:03 AM   #235
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
WTF, you told me to try this version(NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith). It is your work!
this screenshot http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=229 looks different from my work. Anyways....

my photoshop skills are not the best so it takes me time to do things. Redid the .dds files for the officers and here's what I've come up with:

just the officers and order categories were redone. I made a real thin (1 pixel wide) border around the selected officer. For the order categories a gold colored icon is the currently selected one, grey is unavailable, and white is available. The icon will only turn gold colored is there is an associated order bar to go with it (like in this example). If I had clicked on the reports (the far right icon above the officers) then the page for system would show (no need to color the icon gold because it has no orders bar). If everyone likes this scheme then this is the pattern I'll carry over to the orders bar (the big bar above the order's categories which is currently bright white).
Old 04-01-10, 12:08 AM   #236
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
(like in this example)
So available = white,
unavailable = gray,
currently selected menu = gold
and active ability (as in Recharging Batteries or Standard Propulsion which are both white in that example, but should be a toggle) are gold too? or remain yellowish? or nothing?

Old 04-01-10, 12:13 AM   #237
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
So available = white,
unavailable = gray,
currently selected menu = gold
and active ability (as in Recharging Batteries or Standard Propulsion which are both white in that example, but should be a toggle) are gold too? or remain yellowish? or nothing?
They are changing to a toggle (along with some other items). This way when you interact with the crew they aren't confused anymore For the Recharging batteries or standard propulsion, only one icon will show depending on which mode you have set. If it is available and being used (not damaged) it'll be gold, if it's available but not being used it'll be white, if it's not available (or damaged) it'll be grey.
Old 04-01-10, 12:16 AM   #238
kylania
Silent Hunter

Well, that all sounds good, but instead of gold perhaps you should do lime green instead? With a dark gray background and for active abilities just like a big spinning green X shape? Dunno why I just thought of that, but I think it would be hella sweet.

Old 04-01-10, 12:19 AM   #239
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Well, that all sounds good, but instead of gold perhaps you should do lime green instead? With a dark gray background and for active abilities just like a big spinning green X shape? Dunno why I just thought of that, but I think it would be hella sweet.
is your webpage for subsim showing xbox gamer den also? You are joking about the lime green right?
Old 04-01-10, 12:31 AM   #240
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

Quote:
ok. What mission were you running in this screenshot? I'd like to duplicate this so I can see what I did wrong or missed.
At the beginning of the campaign, "English coats"
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui