SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-22, 10:43 AM   #4561
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
what would make the trees/landscape appear like this? if you look closely, they appear to be snow-tipped or outlined against the other background.
this is not expected as we are pulling into San Diego, which is just a mile or two outside of the snow band.
[pic]

and here are my graphics settings
[pic]

normally, i do not spend much time gazing at the flora and fauna, but we were in San Diego Harbor so i figured that my boat was out of harm's way.
Fot the Terrain LOD, you can put that either all of the way to the left, or maybe one click to the right of that. That controls the "window" that it pulls the data, so it can be small on a good computer. You could also try turning off the Post Processing Effects. All they do is add "film graininess" to the picture, but of course, it does bump up the saturation also. Other than that, I'll have to come in closer to the shore next time I test there, and see what it is. It might be that the snow climate in the mod/game is set incorrectly...

Quote:
Driving a Narwhal and it's late February 1945.
we were based in Darwin, then Mios Woendi, then San Diego. And my valiant crew thanks you for this assignment.

our first mission in SD is to take a "new" boat out for a dive test, however we are still assigned to the old Narwhal. did we miss a gate or something because this does not seem to track, logically.
Eventually, that was going to be a trip to Philadelphia to retire the boat... lol - you are driving a boat "officially" slated to be retired and broken up. "Museum", you say?... pay Uncle Sam the scrapping value and it is yours! lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 11:40 AM   #4562
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 434
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Eventually, that was going to be a trip to Philadelphia to retire the boat... lol - you are driving a boat "officially" slated to be retired and broken up.
that mission would be neat to do...once.
go through the panama canal and trek up the east coast.
maybe have a short movie clip when you go through the docking decision-gate in Philly or New York, if that is possible. can we add events like that?

i was thinking....a dangerous pastime, i know, of modding the Flotillas file and adding one last mission up the east coast. but, alas, there are no east coast Flotillas, so i cannot end a career in that way.

BUT
NY and Philly are defined as US Bases, right? i wonder if i could create a mission with NY/Philly as a destination objective and then take my time getting there, such that August 15 would roll by and the war would be over. i'll have to take a look at the range of objectives available in the ME.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 12:03 PM   #4563
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
that mission would be neat to do...once.
go through the panama canal and trek up the east coast.
maybe have a short movie clip when you go through the docking decision-gate in Philly or New York, if that is possible. can we add events like that?

i was thinking....a dangerous pastime, i know, of modding the Flotillas file and adding one last mission up the east coast. but, alas, there are no east coast Flotillas, so i cannot end a career in that way.

BUT
NY and Philly are defined as US Bases, right? i wonder if i could create a mission with NY/Philly as a destination objective and then take my time getting there, such that August 15 would roll by and the war would be over. i'll have to take a look at the range of objectives available in the ME.

Interesting you mention this as in TMO Update I created campaign missions for Narwhal based on Nautilus's patrols. I made it from 1942- November 44 when I was killed in a friendly fire incident with a DE off Morotai so never got to test the last two missions of Narwhal campaign yet. I want to added Narwhals missions in future as well. I have a final mission for Narwhal class to sail to Philadelphia via Panama Canal in 1945. To keep things interesting the prescribed route is fraught with potential perils....chance of running into enemy submerged submarines firing torpedoes...friendly fire is of course always a threat in TMO now especially in certain areas. Once in Caribbean and Atlantic, U boats are always a threat as well.

I do not believe the movies are possible currently, hardcoded things.

East coast Flotillas are possible. I added New London and Portsmouth to East coast for New Construction and for SUBRON 50 campaign. Philly could be added to the map as a city then a US base assigned for the purposes of transfer. Basically would just add it as a base to the Narwhals flotilla, so the homeport will switch while at sea, thus can start patrol in Darwin and end in Philly. Simultaneously the flotilla would change to Philly or New London etc and could either have it end so the career will end or make training runs etc until end of the war. If I recall I have it set to where things just end after making port in New London (did not get around to adding Philly yet but plan to).
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 06:21 PM   #4564
Cloudiergorgon7
Nub

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default Game Keeps Crashing

Would anyone know why this is happening?

Faulting application name: sh4.exe, version: 1.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x476a5ca9
Faulting module name: Kernel.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x476a5b13
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00018b6b
Faulting process id: 0x38f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85ce7a8e1d48a
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\sh4.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\Kernel.dll
Report Id: 8392ae87-69ea-43ab-8d91-c3c1e0bce973
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Cloudiergorgon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 09:22 PM   #4565
propbeanie

You are good to go, as far as installation folder with the D:\SteamLibrary\ install. Did you select the SH4.exe app and right-click it, then on the first "General" tab, clear the "Attributes" "Read-only" tick box? After that one, click on the "Compatibility" tab, and do like in this picture:

For most 'modern' computers, you'll have to set the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" and "Change high DPI settings", which are in the middle window there (File Explorer on the bottom). The DPI button will open that upper window, and you usually have to click on that "Override high DPI scaling behavior..." tick box. You may or may not have to "Run as administrator" and / or "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" stuff, and every once in a while, a person might have to use the top button of that top window, with "Program DPI" and set it to "Whenever I open this program". Experimentation is needed sometimes for all of those. You should also have your Windows graphics set to the "native" resolution of your display monitor ("recommended" in the Windows dialog), and the same setting chosen in the game.

In the meantime, did you empty the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4), and delete everything below the "SH4" level? If not, then what you had previously and what you activated most recently will be a mix of the two. The game does not overwrite a file that already exists in the Save folder when you apply mods. You have to empty the folder so that the game recreates it from scratch.

Old 05-01-22, 12:27 PM   #4566
SeniorCitizen
Army Goes Deep

Downloads: 54
Default Can't Find My Home Port

I apologize if this is discussed somewhere in the FOTRSU thread, but I've searched "Mare Island" and "Balao Upgrade" within this thread to see if I could find my issue addressed and haven't found anything applicable, so far.

I started my career on December 8, 1941, and completed my 8th patrol in early February 1943. I had previously been offered and accepted a couple of new boats along the way, but always took command of the new boat at my existing home port. When I completed my 8th patrol, I was offered a Balao to replace my Gato and accepted. I was then sent to Mare Island to take command of the USS Balao. I departed Mare Island on my 9th patrol (1st in the Balao) on February 10, 1943 on an initial mission in Palau Islands area. I stayed out a long time, getting and completing 4 various missions and rearming/refueling at various ports along the way. I finally was ready to head home in late May 1943 (had taken some hull damage from depth charges along the way) and just automatically headed to Mare Island since that was where I started the patrol. I arrived at Mare Island on June 7, 1943. After that long haul from South China Sea to California, I discovered that I couldn't end my patrol at Mare Island. It hen dawned on me that Mare Island didn't have the home port symbol that differentiates a boat's home port from all other US ports, so I was probably never meant to come back there. I looked around all over the Pacific and Australia for my new home port thinking that maybe I missed something in my patrol orders, it was never intended for me to go back to Mare Island and I had been destined for a new forward base all along. Alas, I can find no evidence of a home port anywhere. Have I done something wrong, did I miss something, am I doomed to a never ending patrol for the rest of the war? Hope someone can set me straight. In the meantime, USS Balao is anchored in the bay and the crew is really enjoying San Francisco and hoping that their hapless commander never gets this sorted. Thanks in advance.

Loadout: FOTRSU 1.7p3, RWR_APR_Patch, FOTRSU Position Keeper Tweak, 454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT, 399c2_NoScrollNavMap - OAKsSameSizedDials, 450_MoonlightzSonarLines, Combined Roster (NM/NK).

Edit: Checked again and Mare Island does have the leaning anchor for home port. Didn't notice it at first. I pulled up and parked it at the dock. Still only lets me rearm/refuel or postpone. No end mission.

Last edited by SeniorCitizen; 05-01-22 at 02:32 PM.
SeniorCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 01:33 PM   #4567
Cloudiergorgon7
Nub

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You are good to go, as far as installation folder with the D:\SteamLibrary\ install. Did you select the SH4.exe app and right-click it, then on the first "General" tab, clear the "Attributes" "Read-only" tick box? After that one, click on the "Compatibility" tab, and do like in this picture:

For most 'modern' computers, you'll have to set the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" and "Change high DPI settings", which are in the middle window there (File Explorer on the bottom). The DPI button will open that upper window, and you usually have to click on that "Override high DPI scaling behavior..." tick box. You may or may not have to "Run as administrator" and / or "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" stuff, and every once in a while, a person might have to use the top button of that top window, with "Program DPI" and set it to "Whenever I open this program". Experimentation is needed sometimes for all of those. You should also have your Windows graphics set to the "native" resolution of your display monitor ("recommended" in the Windows dialog), and the same setting chosen in the game.

In the meantime, did you empty the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4), and delete everything below the "SH4" level? If not, then what you had previously and what you activated most recently will be a mix of the two. The game does not overwrite a file that already exists in the Save folder when you apply mods. You have to empty the folder so that the game recreates it from scratch.
Now I'm getting this

Faulting module name: Sound.act, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x476a5c54
Fault offset: 0x0000888d
Faulting process id: 0x32bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85d8912386c91
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\sh4.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\Sound.act
Report Id: 91ae4b89-d25a-4e8a-aa42-e22eb6c3179b

And

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1566, time stamp: 0xbde09443
Fault offset: 0x0005b943
Faulting process id: 0x368
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85d899e3d00fe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: b294ea5d-ab06-4ec0-b199-08afbb44e140

AND

Faulting module name: Kernel.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x476a5b13
Fault offset: 0x00019cd6
Faulting process id: 0x197c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85d8a4afac124
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\Kernel.dll
Report Id: d7a8ec59-805a-4a7f-9f0f-97e92f25a17c

This is still appearing
Cloudiergorgon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 02:19 PM   #4568
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCitizen View Post
I apologize if this is discussed somewhere in the FOTRSU thread, but I've searched "Mare Island" and "Balao Upgrade" within this thread to see if I could find my issue addressed and haven't found anything applicable, so far.

I started my career on December 8, 1941, and completed my 8th patrol in early February 1943. I had previously been offered and accepted a couple of new boats along the way, but always took command of the new boat at my existing home port. When I completed my 8th patrol, I was offered a Balao to replace my Gato and accepted. I was then sent to Mare Island to take command of the USS Balao. I departed Mare Island on my 9th patrol (1st in the Balao) on February 10, 1943 on an initial mission in Palau Islands area.

I arrived at Mare Island on June 7, 1943. After that long haul from South China Sea to California, I discovered that I couldn't end my patrol at Mare Island.

Loadout: FOTRSU 1.7p3, RWR_APR_Patch, FOTRSU Position Keeper Tweak, 454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT, 399c2_NoScrollNavMap - OAKsSameSizedDials, 450_MoonlightzSonarLines, Combined Roster (NM/NK).

firstly, you didn't do anything wrong, on purpose.

accepting a Balao class prior to May 21, 1943 puts your situation in a tough spot, however, you wouldn't know that so it is not your fault.

you say that you returned to Mare Island June 7. your boat should have been home ported to Brisbane as of May 24.

if you have saved your mission, reload it and see if the fouled anchor is down-under at Brisbane.

LAA enabled
Old 05-01-22, 02:23 PM   #4569
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default SeaTrial_Sboat01 ID456

pb,

this mission's Objective 3 will not complete.
i have played it four times and looked at the mission-guts six-ways-from-Sunday and i can't figure out why it is not completing according to plan.
put it on the list of things to look at.

km

LAA enabled
Old 05-01-22, 03:37 PM   #4570
SeniorCitizen
Army Goes Deep

Quote:

accepting a Balao class prior to May 21, 1943 puts your situation in a tough spot, however, you wouldn't know that so it is not your fault.

you say that you returned to Mare Island June 7. your boat should have been home ported to Brisbane as of May 24.

if you have saved your mission, reload it and see if the fouled anchor is down-under at Brisbane.

Thanks for the info. I actually saved it as I was departing South China Sea for Mare Island. I know that the leaning anchor is still at Mare Island; I just checked. However, on the off chance that Brisbane is really where I need to go and the home port icon just hasn't moved, I will give that a try and hopefully they'll agree to fix my hull damage. Otherwise, I would just keep rearming/refueling and drive on.
Old 05-01-22, 04:14 PM   #4571
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Gar Batteries won't recharge

i started a new career. Driving a Gar out of Treasure Island.
on the first mission i discovered that the batteries are not recharging.
totally new Save folders.
any ideas?

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7p3
399_NoScrollNavMap
400_Nihon Kaigun v1.1b
410_Nippon Maru v1.6c
420_Combined Roster
900_jimimadrid Torpedos

LAA enabled
Old 05-01-22, 04:40 PM   #4572
SeniorCitizen
Army Goes Deep

Quote:

Reloaded and drove to Brisbane. Unfortunately, Brisbane is also a no-go. Nobody wants us.

A boat without a home port is sad, especially when this particular career has been going now for weeks in real time, we've got a fully experienced crew with lots of medals and promotions, lots of banked reknown, and just shy of 300,000 tonnage. Dang it! Oh well, time for a new career. Maybe start at Dutch Harbor this time for a change of pace.
Old 05-01-22, 04:53 PM   #4573
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCitizen View Post

I started my career on December 8, 1941, and completed my 8th patrol in early February 1943. I had previously been offered and accepted a couple of new boats along the way, but always took command of the new boat at my existing home port. When I completed my 8th patrol, I was offered a Balao to replace my Gato and accepted. I was then sent to Mare Island to take command of the USS Balao. I departed Mare Island on my 9th patrol (1st in the Balao) on February 10, 1943 on an initial mission in Palau Islands area. I stayed out a long time, getting and completing 4 various missions and rearming/refueling at various ports along the way. I finally was ready to head home in late May 1943 (had taken some hull damage from depth charges along the way) and just automatically headed to Mare Island since that was where I started the patrol. I arrived at Mare Island on June 7, 1943. After that long haul from South China Sea to California, I discovered that I couldn't end my patrol at Mare Island. It hen dawned on me that Mare Island didn't have the home port symbol that differentiates a boat's home port from all other US ports, so I was probably never meant to come back there. I looked around all over the Pacific and Australia for my new home port thinking that maybe I missed something in my patrol orders, it was never intended for me to go back to Mare Island and I had been destined for a new forward base all along. Alas, I can find no evidence of a home port anywhere. Have I done something wrong, did I miss something, am I doomed to a never ending patrol for the rest of the war? Hope someone can set me straight. In the meantime, USS Balao is anchored in the bay and the crew is really enjoying San Francisco and hoping that their hapless commander never gets this sorted. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Checked again and Mare Island does have the leaning anchor for home port. Didn't notice it at first. I pulled up and parked it at the dock. Still only lets me rearm/refuel or postpone. No end mission.
In several places in the mod documentation is mention of not taking boats before their active dates, which are listed in the Submarine Availability pdf file in the Support / ExtraInfo folder. There is also another file BoatsByMonth pdf in the same folder. If you score too high in the game, it will "reward" you with a boat that is much too early. This has been an issue since day one of Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific, and they never were able to "fix" it. Same with some of the conning tower updates and mis-matched equipment. The Balao has
UnitInterval= 1943-05-21, 1963-07-11
so should NEVER under any circumstances be accepted prior to that date. The first base it is available is Mare Island, which is quite different from Treasure Island. Notice that Mare is around the corner to the left of Treasure Island, and up inside San Pablo Bay, not San Francisco Bay. The next available Base is Brisbane
AvailabilityInterval= 1943-06-03, 1943-11-12
(transfers to Milne Bay). Pearl is
AvailabilityInterval= 1943-07-01, NULL
Mare Island is
AvailabilityInterval= 1943-05-24, 1943-07-12
You may have missed the mission dates for Mare Island, might be why you are no longer allowed to dock there. Brisbane is next inline, and becomes active 1st in June, as noted. I'm not certain you will be able to salvage what you have career-wise, but it might work to go sit at Brisbane until July... Just remember, for the future, to NOT take the Tench prior to January 1945... btw, what is "FOTRSU Position Keeper Tweak" mod?

Old 05-01-22, 04:58 PM   #4574
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudiergorgon7 View Post
Now I'm getting this

Faulting application name: sh4.exe...

This is still appearing
No mention as to if you did anything suggested in the quoted post??

Old 05-01-22, 05:00 PM   #4575
propbeanie

Quote:
i started a new career. Driving a Gar out of Treasure Island.
on the first mission i discovered that the batteries are not recharging.
totally new Save folders.
any ideas?

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7p3
399_NoScrollNavMap
400_Nihon Kaigun v1.1b
410_Nippon Maru v1.6c
420_Combined Roster
900_jimimadrid Torpedos
Start of the war, or January 1942? Have you Saved, exited, restarted, Load the Save and see what it does?