SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-22, 04:22 PM   #4426
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1756
Uploads: 0

Just a quick note. The draft scale numbers just forward of the forward dive planes are backwards on the port side. I know there is a way to make it mirrored but I can't remember how its done. This is with the 4k skin mod.
J0313 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-22, 05:24 PM   #4427
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

As for DED traffic, what was the date? The "seams" between mis files from like 43a to 44a should not happen as badly as in stock, but there is still a bit of that... I'll take another look-see at those, and maybe put the "tweeners" back in that we built back in the day...
nah, it is february 44.
the seam issue was during august 31-september 1.

as far as Burfish is concerned, i have to plead ignorance.
this is a drop off, then recon/photo mission.
i'm still on it, in it......whatever.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-22, 09:05 PM   #4428
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

@ KaleunMarco: I found the pdf for the mission:
https://www.archives.gov/files/publi.../bakuhatai.pdf

That happened at Yap. If you are at one of the other islands, then it is not the Burfish mission, but I do not remember which boat it is...

@ J0313: Yes, the draft scale is done in the skin, and we'd have to get fancy with the AO map for that, similar to doing kill flags or Micky Mouse on the side... if we get the time to, we'll correct some of those. thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-22, 10:25 PM   #4429
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:

That happened at Yap. If you are at one of the other islands, then it is not the Burfish mission, but I do not remember which boat it is...
interesting story....one i am not familiar with, although there are many of these stories that are lost to the ages.

LAA enabled
Old 02-26-22, 11:01 PM   #4430
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:

@ J0313: Yes, the draft scale is done in the skin, and we'd have to get fancy with the AO map for that, similar to doing kill flags or Micky Mouse on the side... if we get the time to, we'll correct some of those. thanks

Thank you for sharing! I was aware subs carried UDT teams but was not aware of Burrfish's missions specifically. Well, more to put into the campaign I suppose lol.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-22, 11:53 AM   #4431
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Also interesting about the Burrfish, she sunk a German tanker in Japanese home waters in 1944.

https://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?58853

Think might have to add this to the campaign as a target. I had the raider sunk by Pompano in October 1943 .
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 08:56 PM   #4432
Reese
Nub

Downloads: 41

I cannot get this to work..

I have:
  • Deleted my entire steam library to move my install folder to C:\Steam
  • Installed SH4+Uboat from Steam.
  • Created MODS folder
  • unzipped mod into folder.
  • Ran JSGME and enabled
  • Deleted SH4 Saves
  • Ran LAA on SH4.exe
I have done all that(minus steam folder move) several times following all the instructions from forum post and supportTOC.

Game loads, shows mod is installed. Try to load a mission and after load bar fills i get "No mission too difficult..." or something like that.. and then black screen. IT will CTD after 15 or 20 seconds with errors about shaders and volumetricfog.fx

Any thoughts?

Edit: Also made sure no files were read only.
Edit2: I did see a previous post about Volumetricfox errors but i saw nothing about how he fixed it. I saw a mention of running the correct .exe of sh4 but i only have the one sh4.exe. I dont have another that specifically specifies U-boats. I DO however have u-boat options inside the game when i run it so im pretty sure im using the right version.

Last edited by Reese; 03-02-22 at 09:21 PM.
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-22, 12:23 AM   #4433
propbeanie

@ Reese - You seem to have done everything correctly, but one more try with a few things. Select the SH4.exe file, right-click on it, and choose "Properties" from that menu. Choose the "Details" pane, be certain the "Product Version:" about the middle of the page has "1.5.0.0" or "1,5,0,0" depending upon your country install. If that's good, click on the "Compatibility" tab, and set the "Disable full-screen optimizations" such that there is a checkmark in the tick box. Then click on the "Change high DPI settings" button. On that new window, click on the "Override high DPI scaling behavior..." tick box in the bottom section, to put a checkmark in it, and then choose "Application" in the drop-down box, if it isn't already chosen. Back to the first "General" tab, and be certain that the "Read-only" tick box is clear - no checkmark. OK out of that If the Read-only was indeed set, run the LAA or 4Gig Patch once again. Neither will display an error when it fails to take. The only way to check is to run the applet again.

Another to check is to have Windows display set to the display monitor's "(recommended)" resolution. Inside SH4 game, Options menu, Display Settings, use the drop-down box to choose that same resolution (if available) in the game's drop-down box for that. Set the other settings the way you want. Exit the game. Now re-start the game and try to go into the 3D portion of a mission or career and see what it does.

If it still fails, post back with some of your computer specs, such as cpu, amount of RAM, hard drives and the OS, and whether 32 or 64 bit. You could also run JSGME again, and choose "Tasks..." in the middle, then "Export activated mods list to -->" and then "Clipboard". You can then paste the clipboard contents into your next post with "Ctrl-V" key combination. One last question: when you start the modded game, are you getting a logo like below in my signature to the left?

Old 03-03-22, 06:03 PM   #4434
Reese
Nub

Well, a little progress... tried what you suggested with no luck. Full reinstall with your suggestion and i was able to load onto the boat but the depth/speed gauges where white squares. Minimized to come type this reply and game CTD. Tried to restart and i am back to CTD on loading into missions... but no shader errors...

JSGME Mod list

Code:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7p3
Specs:
Code:
 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
               System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
             System Model: MS-7B78
                Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor              (16 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
                Page File: 11259MB used, 14801MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
            DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2182&SUBSYS_375C1462&REV_A1
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 14157 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 5991 MB
       Shared Memory: 8166 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Edit: Yes, my load screen looks like your signature.

Last edited by Reese; 03-03-22 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-03-22, 07:26 PM   #4435
propbeanie

Hmmm... your computer should be capable of running the game with both hands and a foot tied behind its back... Does your Steam install prompt you for a DirectX v9.0c install? You have to have that, else the 3D stuff will not work. However, my understanding was that Steam did that without issue... ??

Old 03-04-22, 06:50 PM   #4436
Reese
Nub

It did not prompt me .. but this is not the first time ive installed SH4(maybe thought it didnt need to do again?).. however, i did read DX is needed when trying to figure out issue and ran installer manually(from SH4 install files) before my post.. should i try it again you think?
Old 03-04-22, 07:33 PM   #4437
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
It did not prompt me .. but this is not the first time ive installed SH4(maybe thought it didnt need to do again?).. however, i did read DX is needed when trying to figure out issue and ran installer manually(from SH4 install files) before my post.. should i try it again you think?
the Ubi install process will pause and prompt you regarding DirectX.
now, having said that, i have hard media and not Steam d/l, so the install may be different.

LAA enabled
Old 03-05-22, 11:00 AM   #4438
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
After getting everything reinstalled, as it goes with Steam, &... then, reinstalling SH4+UBM, did you...

Do all the steps mentioned to the .exe, & running SH4... BEFORE dropping the jsgme, mods & all else, mentioned after all those steps you outlined...???

Just curious...

M. M.
Old 03-05-22, 11:30 PM   #4439
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Default Ver 1.46 FOTRS

Hi, Is it possible to simply remove the 1.46 FOTRS version from JSGME, and install 1.7p3 without reinstalling SH4?

I dont expect my current career to carry over to the new version or can I?

Thanks!

Frank
Old 03-06-22, 09:08 AM   #4440
propbeanie

Quote:
I do not have the Steam SH4 set, but look at this page on the Steam Store:
Silent Hunter Collection
Notice that there are two SH4 versions. Make certain you have the "UBoat Missions" version. I have no idea as to the Steam / Ubisoft way of naming the folders in the install. Usually though, if a person does happen to be using the wrong version, a player would report a missing "Black80.tga" file when loading the game...? A last resort would to move your MODS folder out of the game folder to someplace safe, away from Steam, then run the Steam check files integrity to restore it back to a Stock game. Make certain afterwards that the Stock game does in fact load into the 3D world, and then try the mod again, deleting the Documents / SH4 Save folder before trying to run the game with FotRSU enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpex77 View Post
Hi, Is it possible to simply remove the 1.46 FOTRS version from JSGME, and install 1.7p3 without reinstalling SH4?

I dont expect my current career to carry over to the new version or can I?

Thanks!

Frank
Generally, yes, you can get by with that, so long as you didn't have issues with the v1.46, but you do have to empty the Save folder, since the two versions are not 100% compatible. We are reasonably certain removing the 1.46 mod will completely restore the stock game (but not 100%) for a successful 1.7p3 activation, but if you do have troubles, you know where to look and what to do first...