SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-18-21, 12:18 PM   #3946
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Though I don't know much about this "stuff", just playin' with AirStrike.config didn't work for me, and I kinda figured the issue is with the Betty having super human sensing, eh, radar perhaps! So I'll wait for the next release as playing now, once into 1944, isn't much fun for me, just sayin'! I'll go back to rel 1.39, as I don't remember having these smart Betty's there.
And, I wouldn't say PB laid a beatin' on just a learning lesson, and for me, a peek of the difficulty he and the FoTRSU team have has to deal with.
Appreciate your replies, all.
i understand what you saying...so try this...between missions...not during a mission.

browse down to \data\cfg
select Aircraft.cfg. Press ctrl+c and then ctrl+v. this will make a copy of the file we are about to change.
open Aircraft.cfg with Notepad or Notepad++ or Notepad2. Plain text editor.
change the value of MaximumAircraftRange to 600.
change the value of Default Airstrike probability to 6 or maybe 5
change the value of Night Modifier to .0001

save the file and close it.

then go out on a mission or two and see if you like it. then either post your reaction or send me a PM with your reaction.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 09:14 AM   #3947
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i understand what you saying...so try this...between missions...not during a mission.

browse down to \data\cfg
select Aircraft.cfg. Press ctrl+c and then ctrl+v. this will make a copy of the file we are about to change.
open Aircraft.cfg with Notepad or Notepad++ or Notepad2. Plain text editor.
change the value of MaximumAircraftRange to 600.
change the value of Default Airstrike probability to 6 or maybe 5
change the value of Night Modifier to .0001

save the file and close it.

then go out on a mission or two and see if you like it. then either post your reaction or send me a PM with your reaction.

That's the first change I made. I used Websters Better Air Patrols mod which includes an AirCraft.cfg with changes you describe. But, alas, that didn't help much. After trying that I surmised the issue has to do with the bombers getting more deadly in the year 1944, and then I saw PB's reply confirming that many of the aircraft were modded to use radar which explains their bee line attacks. See his latest posts.
Old 11-22-21, 05:42 AM   #3948
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Looking for BB guns

Hey guys, looking for the guns for all the US BB's West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Alabama, Missouri etc. The are so many gun files lol have not been able to locate these specific guns. I figured would be in shipparts/usnguns but not present .

I have a conflict on my custom install, trying to work it out so guns will show up.

Guns like 14inchTriple_USNB etc.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 10:45 AM   #3949
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Eh... most of those will not be the same guns, turrets or radars, but as an example, looking in the NBB_Colorado.eqp file, there is
[Equipment 1]
NodeName=M01
LinkName=16in_Double_base_US
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231
So you need to find "16in_Double_base_US". Therefore, using something like Notepad++ or the 010 Editor, you want to "Find in Files" (or similar). I used the filter "*.*", and searched in D:\Game \SH4 \Data \Library, which took roughly 10 seconds to run and found me
D:\Games\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Library\ShipParts\guns_radars_03.dat (1 hit)
Line 60:
So you might be missing the "runs_radars_03.dat" file, plus its kindred. FotRSU used to have several files with that particular gun in it until s7rikeback to a scalpel to the structure and excised all the excess... ahem... It was a waste of hard drive space ~AND~ the game would be confused about which 16in_Double_base_US to use...

Anyway, that's how to find what you're missing. Just be aware that importing that particular dat and other files into TMO may or may not function as intended. Each gun and parts of each gun is supposed to have unique IDs, so it might just be that you have the appropriate file already, but the game can't decide which of the 16in_Double_base_US assets you are referring to. For most of FotRSU, the guns' textures match the ship - not always, but we tried to...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 05:28 PM   #3950
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Eh... most of those will not be the same guns, turrets or radars, but as an example, looking in the NBB_Colorado.eqp file, there is
[Equipment 1]
NodeName=M01
LinkName=16in_Double_base_US
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231
So you need to find "16in_Double_base_US". Therefore, using something like Notepad++ or the 010 Editor, you want to "Find in Files" (or similar). I used the filter "*.*", and searched in D:\Game \SH4 \Data \Library, which took roughly 10 seconds to run and found me
D:\Games\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Library\ShipParts\guns_radars_03.dat (1 hit)
Line 60:
So you might be missing the "runs_radars_03.dat" file, plus its kindred. FotRSU used to have several files with that particular gun in it until s7rikeback to a scalpel to the structure and excised all the excess... ahem... It was a waste of hard drive space ~AND~ the game would be confused about which 16in_Double_base_US to use...

Anyway, that's how to find what you're missing. Just be aware that importing that particular dat and other files into TMO may or may not function as intended. Each gun and parts of each gun is supposed to have unique IDs, so it might just be that you have the appropriate file already, but the game can't decide which of the 16in_Double_base_US assets you are referring to. For most of FotRSU, the guns' textures match the ship - not always, but we tried to...

Ah that is aggravating, I did the search and nothing came up. Then I manually went through some files and thought would ask to save myself some time and aggravation.

I still have not found 14inchTriple_USNB as listed in .eqp files or others ending USNB. Main issue is the older BB's guns not showing up. Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Nevada. Aside from the gun textures, those old battle wagons look great in pre pearl harbor mod.
Old 11-22-21, 06:08 PM   #3951
propbeanie

In this case, they are in the same place for the Colorado

But TMO is different from FotRSU, of course, and we did change the calls to some of the guns, and also combined some of the guns_radars files. I do not recall off the top of my head, but there was close to a dozen different "guns" files in the mods, seemingly one for each ship class. This is one of the files that was left alone - for the most part. I don't see any obvious edits it it. The older ships should be the same in TMO or FotRSU. We may have changed the re-worked West Virginia and Tennessee, but I am not certain on that. The "names" should still be the same though. It's when you get the North Carolina & Iowa Classes with the camouflage schemes where we did the most swapping of guns and turrets, trying to match the guns to the ships. There are secondary gun changes on quite a few of them, and the New Mexico is basically a complete re-work courtesy s7rikeback and CapnScurvy. There were a LOT of things incorrect on it, almost all from Stock.

Old 11-22-21, 07:23 PM   #3952
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
... I still have not found 14inchTriple_USNB as listed in .eqp files or others ending USNB...
Easy-peasy also, guns_radars_04:

... in FotRSU anyway. I don't know about the TMO base files.

Old 11-23-21, 12:04 AM   #3953
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Easy-peasy also, guns_radars_04:

... in FotRSU anyway. I don't know about the TMO base files.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-21, 03:31 PM   #3954
Captain von Keldunk
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 21
Default Game crashed coz LAA not changing sh4 to LAA avare

Hello crashed when going to bridge in Pearl. LAA program gives no varning if sh4.exe is readonly. You think you have LAA on but coz sh4 is readonly nothing is really changed. . Right click sh4.exe Remove the check mark by the Read Only item in the sh4.exe’s Properties dialog box.The attributes are found at the bottom of the General tab.
Old 11-29-21, 09:09 AM   #3955
Bera
Gunner

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Hi folks! I´m used to old TMO, but I want to give this mod a try.

One question: can I have"tails" and sensor information on the navigation map, and also the ship silhouettes? I remember that in TMO I had to delete some files in order to get it:

Disable Tmaru, and delete the following two files:
\Data\Menu\gui\ContLine.dds
\Data\Menu\gui\DashLine.dds

How do I get back the ship silhouettes on the contact map?

Go to the /data/sea directory in TMaru. There you will find about 97 subdirectories, one for each ship in the game. Located in each one of these subdirectories is a DDS file. This file will be named whatever the ships name is _shp.dds (*_ship.dds). Delete each of these files from all subdirectories.

Bera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 12:20 PM   #3956
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bera View Post
Hi folks! I´m used to old TMO, but I want to give this mod a try.

One question: can I have"tails" and sensor information on the navigation map, and also the ship silhouettes? I remember that in TMO I had to delete some files in order to get it:

Disable Tmaru, and delete the following two files:
\Data\Menu\gui\ContLine.dds
\Data\Menu\gui\DashLine.dds

How do I get back the ship silhouettes on the contact map?

Go to the /data/sea directory in TMaru. There you will find about 97 subdirectories, one for each ship in the game. Located in each one of these subdirectories is a DDS file. This file will be named whatever the ships name is _shp.dds (*_ship.dds). Delete each of these files from all subdirectories.

Ahoy, Bera...

Would help to know just what version of FotRS you're rolling with.... (That is, if it is, indeed the FotRS mod set that you're asking about)

Now, if it is v1.46 or the 1.6X preview version... there should be a optional mod (mod name: 452_MoonlightzSonarLines) you need to activate through jsgme, that will give back to contacts on the nav map, "tails" & I think, also their vision range circle for merchies... & vision/& sound detection range info to them warships that are so inclined to be outfitted with such gear.

That mod set, should already include the shipname.sil or shipname_sil info in there... or is that, .shp or _shp...

*shakes head to clear out the cobwebs* Any who, at any rate... as far as I know of, it should already be in there.

1 of the other, more knowledgeable shipmates here... can feel free to jump in & confirm/refute My info here...

If spot on, then... hope that this info helps clarify things for ya.

M. M.
Old 11-29-21, 12:45 PM   #3957
Bera
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Bera...

Would help to know just what version of FotRS you're rolling with.... (That is, if it is, indeed the FotRS mod set that you're asking about)

Now, if it is v1.46 or the 1.6X preview version... there should be a optional mod (mod name: 452_MoonlightzSonarLines) you need to activate through jsgme, that will give back to contacts on the nav map, "tails" & I think, also their vision range circle for merchies... & vision/& sound detection range info to them warships that are so inclined to be outfitted with such gear.

That mod set, should already include the shipname.sil or shipname_sil info in there... or is that, .shp or _shp...

*shakes head to clear out the cobwebs* Any who, at any rate... as far as I know of, it should already be in there.

1 of the other, more knowledgeable shipmates here... can feel free to jump in & confirm/refute My info here...

M. M.

Hi! Thank you very much! I´ve downloaded and installed version 1.46. I´ll download the mod you told me! Thanks again!
Old 11-29-21, 01:01 PM   #3958
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Icon14 I can confirm that is correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Bera...

M. M.
I'm using the 452_ MoonlightzSonarLines along with Preveiw 1.46 version. On the contact map F5 (nav map), it shows the ship silhouettes along with
vision range circle for merchants. The warships also have vision and sound detection range info. The mod is located in the AddinModzPak_Preview which is in the Extras folder, enabled by JSGME by copy and paste.

Good Hunting!
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 01:05 PM   #3959
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bera View Post
Hi! Thank you very much! I´ve downloaded and installed version 1.46. I´ll download the mod you told me! Thanks again!
The optional mod I mentioned of, should be in the main mod, after you've unzipped it...

It should be found in the... "optional's" folder... if I am recalling the particulars, correctly. It has been a bit, since I dinked about, looking in the whole glockenspiel guts of it.... I will admit... so My name recalling of the exact folder... may be, a tad... bit.. rusty. But, know that it should already be a part of the main mod zip... none the less. No need for downloading... unless it is in the additional optional's mod zip. Which, may be the case & would then, call for having to download that zipped file.

*sighs* I hate getting old... with the heat of a thousand Tatooine suns.... oops... wrong game reference... but, still... ugh.

M. M.
Old 11-29-21, 01:58 PM   #3960
Bera
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
I'm using the 452_ MoonlightzSonarLines along with Preveiw 1.46 version. On the contact map F5 (nav map), it shows the ship silhouettes along with
vision range circle for merchants. The warships also have vision and sound detection range info. The mod is located in the AddinModzPak_Preview which is in the Extras folder, enabled by JSGME by copy and paste.

Good Hunting!

Thank you very much, guys! I think I´ll have a pretty good huntinh night!!