SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-16-16, 02:03 PM   #5131
Ijustwanttoplay
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Thanks kylania!

Currently its everything. The UI, navigating, the officers functions, TDC, trigonometry... lol. I think I just need to dedicate a lot of time to it and try to go slowly...
Ijustwanttoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 02:25 PM   #5132
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 02:51 AM   #5134
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustwanttoplay View Post
Thanks kylania!

Currently its everything. The UI, navigating, the officers functions, TDC, trigonometry... lol. I think I just need to dedicate a lot of time to it and try to go slowly...
Welcome and good luck

Keep watching TWOS tutorial videos at YT, check posts of THEBERBSTER
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 07:29 AM   #5135
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Is Breaking The Fortress mission do able since the coastal fortifications have been added?
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 10:45 AM   #5136
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Ijustwanttoplay!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 02:40 PM   #5137
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Is Breaking The Fortress mission do able since the coastal fortifications have been added?
Peter
Sure, why not...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 05:12 PM   #5138
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Vecko
I just wondered if anyone had tried BTF since the coastal fortifications had been put in.
I am looking at the West entrance with the island in the middle as a possible entry point.
My logic tells me it might less well defended than the entrance on the Eastern side.
The channel between the island is probably around 1000 metres wide.
At night with searchlights blazing going to periscope depth may not be an option as I expect it will be very shallow in places.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-16, 10:38 AM   #5139
Coldcall
Chief

Downloads: 42

Quick question not seen answer to on the FAQ, tips page for TWOS.

Is there a tonnage requirement (even though there is no tonnage bar)? I understand the mini campaigns are date enabled or disabled, but will the amount of tonnage i sink in for instance British eastern Coast mini campaign have any effect on upcoming campaigns being accessible?

And if there are hidden tonnage requirements are they listed somewhere?

I already missed the breaking the Fortress mini objective as was too busy on British eastern coast missions. It´s now November 15th, back at base, having sunk approx 45k tons on Eastern coast missions, but seeing that it will take another 20 days to get back to sea, I guess that I cannot do another BEC mission as it finnishes in 14 days. So I guess I need to pick mission on Northern patrol mini campaign as that seems all that will be available by the time i get to sea again.
Coldcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 04:17 AM   #5140
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post
I understand the mini campaigns are date enabled or disabled, but will the amount of tonnage i sink in for instance British eastern Coast mini campaign have any effect on upcoming campaigns being accessible?
No...You may only have to pay attention to "How to pass from one campaign to the next one" tip and you're good to go...Also, your tonnage is quite decent.
Old 05-19-16, 05:18 AM   #5141
Coldcall
Chief

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
No...You may only have to pay attention to "How to pass from one campaign to the next one" tip and you're good to go...Also, your tonnage is quite decent.
Okay thanks for the answer. I wont worry now
Coldcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 06:18 AM   #5142
Micksp
Sailor man

Downloads: 31

Hello mates,

I was so busy to play the last month having my wife hospitalizeda but now I'm back. Just installed the upd.12 and have the first patrol completed in Baltic Ops campaign. Managed to sink two polish DD near Danzig and merchant, then rebased to Kiel, where I've got some troubles entering the port. The first try, I've enabled the Autopilot scriptq the boat starts to move following the pilot orders and I decided to smoke one outside. It was not a good idea. In my return to the PC couple of minutes later the boat was totally damaged. Reloaded the last save and started the channel approach manualy a litle bit close to the left channel side. When I saw the red blincking buoyos, the first one was to close to the stb and I've passed him lieving the next one to the port. Short after I've got a huge colission with something and got the boat unoperable again. Reloaded again. The third approach I've made close to the midlle of the channel, having the Northern Lighthouse on brg 340. Found the first buyo and passed leaving it to the port side, same with the rest of the buoyos and no problems - successfuly docked.

In that manner, is there something special according the ports leaving/entering? Any obsticles, charts, guidence?
Micksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 12:07 PM   #5143
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micksp View Post
Hello mates,

I was so busy to play the last month having my wife hospitalizeda but now I'm back. Just installed the upd.12 and have the first patrol completed in Baltic Ops campaign. Managed to sink two polish DD near Danzig and merchant, then rebased to Kiel, where I've got some troubles entering the port. The first try, I've enabled the Autopilot scriptq the boat starts to move following the pilot orders and I decided to smoke one outside. It was not a good idea. In my return to the PC couple of minutes later the boat was totally damaged. Reloaded the last save and started the channel approach manualy a litle bit close to the left channel side. When I saw the red blincking buoyos, the first one was to close to the stb and I've passed him lieving the next one to the port. Short after I've got a huge colission with something and got the boat unoperable again. Reloaded again. The third approach I've made close to the midlle of the channel, having the Northern Lighthouse on brg 340. Found the first buyo and passed leaving it to the port side, same with the rest of the buoyos and no problems - successfuly docked.

In that manner, is there something special according the ports leaving/entering? Any obsticles, charts, guidence?
There is a mod for harbor charts and you can use it with twos when necessary. Just keep in mind that ingame charts number is limited to 50 and twos already has them 47. This is not such a big issue because you can enable/disable harbor charts mod when ever you like.

Harbor pilot scripts are only for departures, not for arrivals... (except Skagerak inbound route to Kiel)

I can see that you've basically got things right...Keep red buoys to your left and green to your right and you'll find your way home...
Old 05-20-16, 01:06 AM   #5144
Micksp
Sailor man

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
There is a mod for harbor charts and you can use it with twos when necessary. Just keep in mind that ingame charts number is limited to 50 and twos already has them 47. This is not such a big issue because you can enable/disable harbor charts mod when ever you like.

Harbor pilot scripts are only for departures, not for arrivals... (except Skagerak inbound route to Kiel)

I can see that you've basically got things right...Keep red buoys to your left and green to your right and you'll find your way home...
Yehp, thanks for advise! Where can I find more info about the automation scripts?
Micksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-16, 01:58 AM   #5145
au-boat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

HI AWESOME MOD but the jsgme isn't in the main folder, what do i do?