SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-28-21, 12:34 AM   #91
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15 Re: KSD II: Ace v1.2.1

Just dropped a download on the new version & have to say...

Mein Gott...

she is a beaut...

Just a few queries & I'll hope you'll not take them as criticisms... but, rather suggestions for just a bit of tweaking & improving the... experience.

For starters...

U boat diving, In SH3... when your sub begins its plunge beneath the water... is more... fluid &... natural feel & look.

Bow digs in deep & the stern is last to slip beneath/ It stays that way until it nears the ordered dive depth, where it dips a meter or so, deeper then levels & slowly on an even keel rises to level off at that depth.

If possible, see of some tweaking in that to do that... I would but have no idea where to even begin. Just a suggested improvement. Cam view (Interior, control room cam, that is... ), would also bene, from a bit of adjustment to follow the dive movement, as well.

Watched the whole dive while in the sub school: nav training... so wasn't able to observe doing a crash dive, but... probably wouldn't hurt to see if that, as well, couldn't be tweaked a bit, too.

Was used to the f9 taking 1, to the sonar/radio area on board the boat... but... when I tried that key out... instead of taking Me there, it slammed Me to being at the attack scope.

Any possible insight into, how to go about changing it to where you go to the sonar/radio instead...

Clicking on the area that led into the conning tower, used to take you into that area... yet won't now. As with the sonar/radio above... any insights into making it where you can again, there as well.

Did a new... intro (well, more of copy/dropping, really... ) the 1 from 1Alex's GWX mod set, a copy/drop of the back1 from GWX's das boot menu & the music master menu loop, into a jsgme ready folder & giving it a das boot feel with the menu. That jsgme ready mod folder, also includes the DBSM & fix set for SH4... with a few tweaks that I worked out, carefully combing through various sound mods & gene splicing til I was satisfied...

Still, have some others that I need to go through & see of if they are worth adding into the mix.

But, that parts for later on. Everything to do with the last, is for giving a "in depth, feel as though you're there" in Das Boot...

With the tweaks I did for the intro, back1 vid & master menu loop... loving the look & sound of it.

If any would like a more... in depth mapping of what I did for that part, will be glad to answer any questions on that aspect.

End query.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-28-21 at 04:19 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 04:02 AM   #92
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcospanik View Post
Hello, I have similar problem that DEX had...I am in 7th Flotilla, Kiel, U-13 type IIB first patrol in aug/sept 1939...I am in operation area for few days and cannot complete the objective, I sunk one ship and I cannot sink more, because I spent all my torpedoes (2 were hits, 2 were duds, last one was miss or dud)...thank you for advice in forward.

You can RTB, there should be no reprimands for not having passed the objective.
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 05:34 AM   #93
marcospanik
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
You can RTB, there should be no reprimands for not having passed the objective.

thank you, will try that
marcospanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 10:31 AM   #94
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Just dropped a download on the new version & have to say...

Mein Gott...

she is a beaut...

Just a few queries & I'll hope you'll not take them as criticisms... but, rather suggestions for just a bit of tweaking & improving the... experience.

For starters...

U boat diving, In SH3... when your sub begins its plunge beneath the water... is more... fluid &... natural feel & look.

Bow digs in deep & the stern is last to slip beneath/ It stays that way until it nears the ordered dive depth, where it dips a meter or so, deeper then levels & slowly on an even keel rises to level off at that depth.

If possible, see of some tweaking in that to do that... I would but have no idea where to even begin. Just a suggested improvement. Cam view (Interior, control room cam, that is... ), would also bene, from a bit of adjustment to follow the dive movement, as well.

Watched the whole dive while in the sub school: nav training... so wasn't able to observe doing a crash dive, but... probably wouldn't hurt to see if that, as well, couldn't be tweaked a bit, too.

Was used to the f9 taking 1, to the sonar/radio area on board the boat... but... when I tried that key out... instead of taking Me there, it slammed Me to being at the attack scope.

Any possible insight into, how to go about changing it to where you go to the sonar/radio instead...

Clicking on the area that led into the conning tower, used to take you into that area... yet won't now. As with the sonar/radio above... any insights into making it where you can again, there as well.

Did a new... intro (well, more of copy/dropping, really... ) the 1 from 1Alex's GWX mod set, a copy/drop of the back1 from GWX's das boot menu & the music master menu loop, into a jsgme ready folder & giving it a das boot feel with the menu. That jsgme ready mod folder, also includes the DBSM & fix set for SH4... with a few tweaks that I worked out, carefully combing through various sound mods & gene splicing til I was satisfied...

Still, have some others that I need to go through & see of if they are worth adding into the mix.

But, that parts for later on. Everything to do with the last, is for giving a "in depth, feel as though you're there" in Das Boot...

With the tweaks I did for the intro, back1 vid & master menu loop... loving the look & sound of it.

If any would like a more... in depth mapping of what I did for that part, will be glad to answer any questions on that aspect.

End query.

M. M.
Thank you for your insights. Could you share your sound mod? Maybe I will integrate some of them.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 01:43 PM   #95
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Thank you for your insights. Could you share your sound mod? Maybe I will integrate some of them.
By that, am thinking that you're asking about the menu reconfig that gives it a Das Boot feel, as well as the DBSM mod... with the tweaking I did to the original mod set.

Yeah, no problem... will see of pulling those jsgme ready modules, together then zip them. Afterwards, will drop the file into a share, either Mega or Mediafire... & send you the link for it.

M. M

Find below, the link for the jsgme ready mods that I pulled together... that I mentioned of... for a Das Boot feel to KSD II: Ace.

Enjoy.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/crdk3...+-+Ace.7z/file

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-29-21 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-09-22, 05:21 AM   #96
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

1.3 version has been released. It is recommended to start new career

Changelog for Patch 1.3
Campaign fixes

Deck gun damage has been increased by around 25%
Type IIB detection bug has been fixed.
Fixed some unhistorical destroyer appeareance dates
Uboat sim values are bring backed to KSDII_New_TTС_Submarine_KELLERMANN 1.2.1 values
Changes to allied airbases
Sim.cfg file tweaks taken from OM Dark Waters
Time compression settings tweak now max tc is 4028, and near land is 128.
Added an option for disabling u mark (edited)
Periscope detection values has been reduced to standard values

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 11:39 AM   #97
pauluss67
Swabbie

Downloads: 224
Default ksd II ace edition problem

i downloaded ksd II ace and all 2 patches but when i launch the game i crash in desktop
pauluss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 11:59 AM   #98
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluss67 View Post
i downloaded ksd II ace and all 2 patches but when i launch the game i crash in desktop
To what folder location are you setting KSD II: Ace edition up in, pray tell...

Please for the love of all that's holy... don't tell Me you went with either of Window's rabid pit-bull guard dawg's (namely UAC) locations of \Program files or... \Program files (x86)... also, is best to use a 4 Gig RAM assigner... be that either the 4GB patch kit (if that has not been applied pre-release of KSDII, no idea if it has... not calling that info up in the ol' databanks.. aka the ol' rusty, dusty, beat up hard drive otherwise known of as the brain...) or using Large Address Aware or LAA for short. LAA, to Me, is far simpler to use... 3 steps & done and it also has the added bene of using it to tell win to lock step (brute force) assigning your games/sims, auto access to being assigned 4 GB's of RAM. Don't mean they'll use all 4 of it, just that they are granted unrestricted access to it.

& 2ndly... there has been an updated version just released, by the way. Just so you know...

M. M.
Old 01-09-22, 01:14 PM   #99
pauluss67
Swabbie

Quote:
To what folder location are you setting KSD II: Ace edition up in, pray tell...

Please for the love of all that's holy... don't tell Me you went with either of Window's rabid pit-bull guard dawg's (namely UAC) locations of \Program files or... \Program files (x86)... also, is best to use a 4 Gig RAM assigner... be that either the 4GB patch kit (if that has not been applied pre-release of KSDII, no idea if it has... not calling that info up in the ol' databanks.. aka the ol' rusty, dusty, beat up hard drive otherwise known of as the brain...) or using Large Address Aware or LAA for short. LAA, to Me, is far simpler to use... 3 steps & done and it also has the added bene of using it to tell win to lock step (brute force) assigning your games/sims, auto access to being assigned 4 GB's of RAM. Don't mean they'll use all 4 of it, just that they are granted unrestricted access to it.

& 2ndly... there has been an updated version just released, by the way. Just so you know...

M. M.
I downloaded a few minutes ago and installed the ksd II 1.3 version ... it's an .exe file ... I installed it in the default folder it creates
i just launch sh4.exe but nothing happens
Old 01-09-22, 01:38 PM   #100
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
I downloaded a few minutes ago and installed the ksd II 1.3 version ... it's an .exe file ... I installed it in the default folder it creates
i just launch sh4.exe but nothing happens

Never... ever... go with the default locality... EVER.

UAC, is called by Me... as Win's rabid pitbull, for a reason.

UAC, does NOT like any tampering or attempted tampering with files & such, in it's Darth Vader, Vulcan, King Kong iron fisted death grip... & mods & such that alter files & such inside of SH4... (much less any other game/sim, for that matter... ) is by it's hard lined view... doing just that... tampering. In it's front yard.
\Program files (both the standard file location & it's other one, (x86) are UAC's personal fife dom.

Not only does that apply to standard games... (meaning those that do NOT rely on a games launcher, or it's follow on aka "library" (where any & all games you get from say... Steam, just to name 1 such critter... ) that you either get for free or can download & play, for free... hmph ) applies.. as does Steam & any other like them... as well.

Best way to avoid UAC... is to NEVER install in those locations... at all. In My opinion.

Is far better, if you are blessed enough to have a rig that allows for 2 internal HD's, or barring that... 1 internal & (whatever # of externals, you care to run with, inserted here...) at minimum, 1 external hard drive.

If it's solo games that require no launcher & those launchers that have a library... put them on a drive that has no connection to Windows... for the launchers, should you have access to them... as am sure most do... make sure to install the launchers well outside of UAC's territory.

Hope that info helps.

As for installing... before running the .exe for that 1st time... right click on it, on the "General" tab, which is the default menu tab that opens... ensure that the .exe is NOT "read-only" enabled. If it is, simply uncheck mark the box & click "accept. After that, go into the "Compatibility" tab, look down the page to "Settings" & check the box tagged... "Run this program, as an admin"... click accept & then Ok.

That should be all that's needed to be done, there.

After that, you should be free & clear, to then activate the add in mods, just making sure to activate them after making sure that the base part of KSD II works as it should.

Think I mentioned of using either a 4GB patch, or LAA... before... that of course, should also be done to avoid some of the root causes for CTD's... caused when the RAM faces not having enough space to run... which can happen... as let's face it... SH4, is a well-seasoned & older game/sim...

Again, hope this info helps...

M. M.
Old 01-09-22, 02:13 PM   #101
pauluss67
Swabbie

Quote:

Never... ever... go with the default locality... EVER.

UAC, is called by Me... as Win's rabid pitbull, for a reason.

UAC, does NOT like any tampering or attempted tampering with files & such, in it's Darth Vader, Vulcan, King Kong iron fisted death grip... & mods & such that alter files & such inside of SH4... (much less any other game/sim, for that matter... ) is by it's hard lined view... doing just that... tampering. In it's front yard.
\Program files (both the standard file location & it's other one, (x86) are UAC's personal fife dom.

Not only does that apply to standard games... (meaning those that do NOT rely on a games launcher, or it's follow on aka "library" (where any & all games you get from say... Steam, just to name 1 such critter... ) that you either get for free or can download & play, for free... hmph ) applies.. as does Steam & any other like them... as well.

Best way to avoid UAC... is to NEVER install in those locations... at all. In My opinion.

Is far better, if you are blessed enough to have a rig that allows for 2 internal HD's, or barring that... 1 internal & (whatever # of externals, you care to run with, inserted here...) at minimum, 1 external hard drive.

If it's solo games that require no launcher & those launchers that have a library... put them on a drive that has no connection to Windows... for the launchers, should you have access to them... as am sure most do... make sure to install the launchers well outside of UAC's territory.

Hope that info helps.

As for installing... before running the .exe for that 1st time... right click on it, on the "General" tab, which is the default menu tab that opens... ensure that the .exe is NOT "read-only" enabled. If it is, simply uncheck mark the box & click "accept. After that, go into the "Compatibility" tab, look down the page to "Settings" & check the box tagged... "Run this program, as an admin"... click accept & then Ok.

That should be all that's needed to be done, there.

After that, you should be free & clear, to then activate the add in mods, just making sure to activate them after making sure that the base part of KSD II works as it should.

Think I mentioned of using either a 4GB patch, or LAA... before... that of course, should also be done to avoid some of the root causes for CTD's... caused when the RAM faces not having enough space to run... which can happen... as let's face it... SH4, is a well-seasoned & older game/sim...

Again, hope this info helps...

M. M.
sorry if I disturb you but maybe I have not explained myself well ... when I launch the file "InstallKSDII_Ace_Edition.exe" it tells me that the installation puts it in this folder "KSDII_Ace_Edition" inside it installs all the game plus the mods ... .. I have not installed it in the hard disk where there is windows but in another hard disk
what are those acronyms you say? "UAC

sorry but i am using google translate
Old 01-09-22, 03:10 PM   #102
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
sorry if I disturb you but maybe I have not explained myself well ... when I launch the file "InstallKSDII_Ace_Edition.exe" it tells me that the installation puts it in this folder "KSDII_Ace_Edition" inside it installs all the game plus the mods ... .. I have not installed it in the hard disk where there is windows but in another hard disk
what are those acronyms you say? "UAC

sorry but i am using google translate
Not disturbing Me... so no worries...

Ok, when you run the .exe installer... what is the base (meaning... very 1st, folder location, to where it is to install. Just finished this morning, of running it Myself & the default 1st folder location it listed was C:\

The very next folder, was in fact, defaulted to \Program files

Which as I mentioned... is where you never want to install anything, game/s related... ever. That, includes newer ones, as not all of them, are designed right, to work inside of UAC's fife dom. UAC breaks down to something of User Account Control... if I have that right. Yep... I did.

From Microsoft's own explanation of it:

User Account Control (UAC) is a security feature that helps prevent unauthorized changes to your Windows 10 computer or device. These unauthorized changes can be initiated by users, apps, viruses, or other types of malware. UAC ensures that these changes are made only with the administrator’s approval.

Problem is... most, if not all changes approved by the user... or if you're the only 1 using said computer... as admin... does UAC listen to being told something's approved of.

It'll undertake, under its "own" authority... to override any changes you make, including but most definitely not limited to... games/sims, such as... SH4.

Even to including newer games designed with now a day computer.

What I did was... (& note, that this is with My having 2 internal HD's & 1 external... ) was to set up Steam launcher, into the 2nd internal HD which is not used by Windows to run the computer. Then, to set up Steam's SH4 v1.5 copy, into the library for the launcher to pull from, into My external HD. Thereby... bypassing UAC, altogether.

The 2nd is hot listed as A:\

Windows is on C:\ & the external holds all My games & libraries for Arc, Origin, Steam & Ubisoft... all on E:\ drive.

If you don't use Steam, or Ubisoft for that matter & have a cd/dvd copy of SH4... then is a simple matter to just create (even on C:\ if you only have 1 hard drive... ) a folder & name it \Games & can then just install there the KSD II set up.

Just make sure to NOT create that \Games folder inside of \Program files or \Program files (x86)

example:

Note, that "Games" (circled in "red" to highlight it...) folder is not residing in any of UAC's folders in it's control.

It still, is in the C drive directory, but C:\

however... is not under UAC's iron fisted dictatorship... & thus, is safe to install any game into \Games.

Hope that helps... clarify this... better for you.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-09-22 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-09-22, 03:52 PM   #103
pauluss67
Swabbie

Quote:
Not disturbing Me... so no worries...

Ok, when you run the .exe installer... what is the base (meaning... very 1st, folder location, to where it is to install. Just finished this morning, of running it Myself & the default 1st folder location it listed was C:\

The very next folder, was in fact, defaulted to \Program files

Which as I mentioned... is where you never want to install anything, game/s related... ever. That, includes newer ones, as not all of them, are designed right, to work inside of UAC's fife dom. UAC breaks down to something of User Account Control... if I have that right. Yep... I did.

From Microsoft's own explanation of it:

User Account Control (UAC) is a security feature that helps prevent unauthorized changes to your Windows 10 computer or device. These unauthorized changes can be initiated by users, apps, viruses, or other types of malware. UAC ensures that these changes are made only with the administrator’s approval.

Problem is... most, if not all changes approved by the user... or if you're the only 1 using said computer... as admin... does UAC listen to being told something's approved of.

It'll undertake, under its "own" authority... to override any changes you make, including but most definitely not limited to... games/sims, such as... SH4.

Even to including newer games designed with now a day computer.

What I did was... (& note, that this is with My having 2 internal HD's & 1 external... ) was to set up Steam launcher, into the 2nd internal HD which is not used by Windows to run the computer. Then, to set up Steam's SH4 v1.5 copy, into the library for the launcher to pull from, into My external HD. Thereby... bypassing UAC, altogether.

The 2nd is hot listed as A:\

Windows is on C:\ & the external holds all My games & libraries for Arc, Origin, Steam & Ubisoft... all on E:\ drive.

If you don't use Steam, or Ubisoft for that matter & have a cd/dvd copy of SH4... then is a simple matter to just create (even on C:\ if you only have 1 hard drive... ) a folder & name it \Games & can then just install there the KSD II set up.

Just make sure to NOT create that \Games folder inside of \Program files or \Program files (x86)

example:

Note, that "Games" (circled in "red" to highlight it...) folder is not residing in any of UAC's folders in it's control.

It still, is in the C drive directory, but C:\

however... is not under UAC's iron fisted dictatorship... & thus, is safe to install any game into \Games.

Hope that helps... clarify this... better for you.

M. M.
nothing to do I tried as you said but ..... it doesn't work ... unfortunately I give up
thank you for your help
Old 01-09-22, 04:42 PM   #104
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon14 Welcome aboard!

Pauluss67!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 07:52 AM   #105
nazaka
A-ganger

Downloads: 51

Hi,

I have just installed the mod and started a game.

Small question, what is this pink rectangle and the grey lines that cross it?

thank you
nazaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ksd ii, u-boat