SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-16-12, 05:53 PM   #1
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0
Default AEGIS Guardian of the Fleet

Hi everyone:
Im wondering if some of your guys have ever play AEGIS game, is a Dos game that came out 1994 by the same guys that made Fast Attack Sub game, this is a simulation of an Aegis Class ship and you have control over every station there is in the ship, pretty awesome sim if you ask me. Well the point is i have problem installing the game, even in a DOS BOX environment and i am searching if someone have install the game and play it, IF SOMEONE HAS CAN YOU HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT PLEASE?
ANY HELP IS VERY WELL WELCOME AMD THANKS IN ADVANCE. if need more info please ask away.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 04:50 AM   #2
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

Yes, I have it. A made an iso image of my cd, mounted it in D-Fend and installed as usual. Works like a charm.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-12, 04:03 PM   #3
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
Yes, I have it. A made an iso image of my cd, mounted it in D-Fend and installed as usual. Works like a charm.
What do i need to make an iso and what is d-fend, i have dos box, but never try d-fend.
do you get all the sound in the game?
i will apreciate everything you can help me with, AEGIS is an awesome game.
THANKS AGAIN.
Old 05-19-12, 09:50 AM   #4
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

D-Fend is a GUI for Dosbox that allows you have all your games setup with custom profiles.

For creating an iso, try PowerIso. If you have the CD it's just a matter of ripping it to a file on your HD that you can mount in Dosbox.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 05:36 PM   #5
Eugene
A-ganger

Downloads: 226

Once you have your files sorted out, in order to run Aegis I believe it wants to see the CD (or its iso image) as the "D" drive. Here is what has worked for me:

1. Mount your image of the Aegis CD using whatever image mounting software, free usually, that you decide to use.

2 Launch dosbox and mount Aegis on its the virtual drive to make it a virtual D drive, Try:

mount d x:\ -t cdrom --Where "X" is whatever virtual drive your software mounted the Aegis image as. Mine was M, but it could be any unused letter.

2. Now change DOSbox's "Z" drive letter to D: and type install Aegis from your now virtual D drive's mounted Aegis image.

3. Next, change your dosbox drive letter back from D: to dosbox's z:

4. Mount your newly installed Aegis (TICO) that is on your hard drive, using dosbox -

mount c c:\TICO --Assuming your installation went to your C drive and is called TICO.

5. Change your Z: drive letter in dosbox to C: and type REL (I believe that is the launching executable, although a bat file will also do it after checking your memory. Not necessary, imho. And Aegis should launch!

This is pretty easy to do via plain dosbox, although some enjoy using DFend front end menu for dosbox.

All you really need to do once Aegis is installed is to:
1. Mount your CD image as a virtual D drive
2. Mount your installed Aegis program as C, and start it.

Good luck.
Old 05-23-12, 12:23 PM   #6
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Default Aegis

Thanks mates i did everything and i was able to install the game and everything is fine, i can play the game and everything else, but the sound is giving me a hard time, i can see the videos like when you fire your weapons, but i cant hear any incoming, or voices in the game, as far as i know your crew informed you of any event, but i have no joy in this matter, any advice or sugestions?
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP TO ALL OF YOU.