SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-19, 06:00 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Assetto Corsa Competizione

Now that it is just days too full release, the official simulation of the Blancpain GT series deserves some attention being raised for it.

For example the stunning graphics, whcih I enjoy in already very good VR, and thatg get exemplary illustrated by the drama of a night racing in the most severe of rains.

Under such conditions, you drive the track by memory only, and I dfopubt in reality the race would have been launched, like in this movie. But still - never has rain looked so well in a racing sim. And believe me, it feels so perfectly right when driving on such a track as well.

The simulation leaves Early Access and is released as full version on May 29th. Its scope might look limited, but this is also its advantage - Kunos' working time is not cluttered on hundreds of cars and tracks, but just the official content to the series - but that content completely: all cars, all drivers, all teams, all tracks of that series, seasons 2019 and 2020 - and nothing included that is not in that series. This ultimately means a focussing of ressources, I do not think of it as limitatoin but concentration. As somebody who is driving this since Early Access version 0.1, I can assure you that this title is very serious business - and not a game.

TAKE HEADPHONES - the sound is brutal!

As contrast to the noise and drama, here come two of Chris Haye's most excellent videos, representing EA builds 0.5 and 0.4:

While I expect the sim to take the thrown on many aspects and in many categories of sim racing, I only frear a little bit about the AI, whcih agai8n so far is somewhat unambitioned. It is reliable and trusdtworthy in situaitonal awareness and not ramming player'S car, but it lacks a bit the fangs and claws I came to expect fromt eh benchmark in sim racing AIs, which imo is that i Raceroom. ACC's AI so far showed to be fast and trustworthily doing the laps, but iot is - again, like ion AC1 - a bit too mpacifist and uncreative, for my taste. I am used to more fighting amd expecting the unexpected, Raceroom has spoiled me there. But who klnows what they may have acchioeved int hese regardsd between EW verison 0.6 and then 1.0 in - well, in eight days from now on. Wednesday next week will be the day. I will be unavailable then since I need to date Spa and Silverstone.