SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-13, 08:45 PM   #1
Ramius1984
Nub

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
SCU-not responding

Greetings!

I am new to subsim and I am really grateful I joined!

Anyway, I have been having A problem withe the Sub Changer Utility mod I recently downloaded. It installed fine and it seemed to be working.

As some of you know, you have to manually go into the Sub Command folder and select your submarine. When you click on the submarine you want to use it says "success" and you play the game with the sub you want.

I almost got to that last part. I selected the sub I wanted to use (A Typhoon for the record) and I hit the play button. It almost loaded when it all of a sudden shut down and gave me the "sub command not responding" and I had to shut it down. I tried several times with several subs and it just didn't work. The default 3 subs seemed to work fine though.

Anyway, I would appreciate any help you could give me!

Thank you!
Old 08-31-13, 11:45 AM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Do you perhaps have Vista/7/8 and is the game installed into the Program Files folder? If so, the OS can prevent the subchanger utility from making changes to the other files. You would have to explicitly run the subchanger application as administrator.

Installing the game somewhere else on your harddrive, like c:\games\subcommand would not have this issue.

EDIT: Does the modded game work normaly otherwise? Can you run scenarios without the subchanger application? Because it might be the case that the mod installation didn't succeed completely. You have to run some .bat script-files to make everything work.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 08:48 AM   #3
Ramius1984
Nub

Downloads: 9
New Problem

I just installed it under my administrator drive and it still isn't working but in a new way.

I tried to switch subs but it just said "not all dlls were patched" and it shows up as a failure. At first I thought I just had to install the SCXIIC update, but when I tried it said "Access Denied"

Please Help If You Can!
Old 09-01-13, 04:44 PM   #4
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Well, try reinstalling the game in c:\games\subcommand. See if that works better.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote