SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-29-12, 11:40 AM   #1
Gestapo
Swabbie

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 0
Default Sub Command flickering graphics problem

Hi all. I'm having this annoying problem with sub command where all the unit models keep flickering, or have missing or flickering parts. It seems to also depend on the angle you view the unit from. For instance, I looked at the seawolf model and the sail and dive planes are missing and the main body flickers, but looking from another angle the body remains solid but the sail and dive planes are either still missing or flickering. Its the same for all other units.

I had the same problem with fleet command, but fixed it using nglide glide wrapper. I tried many glide wrappers with SC but none seem to work. I tried reinstalling it but no luck with that either.

Any chance to fix this? Perhaps I'm just not using the right glide wrapper, but I'd really appreciate some help on this.
Gestapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 04:41 AM   #2
Captain Nemo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 54

What OS are you using? On Vista and Win 7 machines users have reported flickering in Sub Command. Some say it helps running SC in windowed mode, so it might be worth giving this a try. Hope you get it sorted.

Nemo

Sir John Slessor GCB, DSO, MC, DL
AOC-in-C Coastal Command RAF
Old 07-05-12, 04:06 AM   #3
Gestapo
Swabbie

I'm using Windows XP. I think this is most likely due to the game's incompatibility with either my gpu or the drivers I have installed for it. My best guess is that I could probably fix it with the right glidewrapper, but so far all that I have tried dont work.

Also, could you tell me how to load SC in windowed mode? I dont know how to do that and I'd like to give that a try.
Old 07-05-12, 04:44 AM   #4
Captain Nemo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 54

For running SC in windowed mode see http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...light=windowed .

Hope it helps.

Nemo

Sir John Slessor GCB, DSO, MC, DL
AOC-in-C Coastal Command RAF
Old 07-10-12, 03:21 PM   #5
Gestapo
Swabbie

Thank you. I tried that but it doesn't solve the problem. Guess I'll have to play it as is until I find a solution.

Thanks for your help anyway.