SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-11, 09:40 AM   #7366
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymen View Post
Today playing happened to me this.

Happened to any of you playing ?

The Obs Scope looks like a white box. Atack Periscope works perfect.

Thanks for your help

PS. It´s from a new career.

Just checked, I´ve No Problems, all works fine !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 06-05-11, 12:42 PM   #7367
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymen View Post
Today playing happened to me this.

Happened to any of you playing ?

The Obs Scope looks like a white box. Atack Periscope works perfect.

Thanks for your help

PS. It´s from a new career.
Ever since I started trying to become a true Kaleun I've seen a lot of weird issues happening to me. This one is completely new to me.
I can say that everyone was due to my handling of the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file and/or conflicting mods. I'd say that this looks like some mods conflicting.

Please check your mod soup and your settings in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 06:06 AM   #7368
tiger shark
Bosun

Downloads: 51

This is a great mod,but I need a little help with something.

I'm using enchanced UI and when I bring up the rudder/heading dial and cross my mouse over it it zooms too much and it looks awfull.But it's not just about how it looks it is just not practical for me.Can I switch off the zoom on the dial somehow?Thanks!
tiger shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 08:00 AM   #7369
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger shark View Post
This is a great mod,but I need a little help with something.

I'm using enchanced UI and when I bring up the rudder/heading dial and cross my mouse over it it zooms too much and it looks awfull.But it's not just about how it looks it is just not practical for me.Can I switch off the zoom on the dial somehow?Thanks!
Yes you can. Edit the options file
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 04:58 PM   #7370
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 165
Default Flickering Textures

Hi TDW!

I had an issue with flickering textures everywhere. Sometimes this is very heavy and annoying. I now disabled all mods and reenabled one by one and I can actually say that NewUIs is causing it.

I also have an assumption as of where this could be rooted:
I used to use a mod to change the camera behaviour (can't remember the name --> the mod enabled you for example to move the external camera more closer to the boat) and I do not use it anymore, because it caused the flickering. The functionality was included into your mod. I think, that I had this texture problem before with this other mod and I took it over with the changes you made into newUIs.

Does that make sense?

As a matter of fact, if I disable newUIs, no textures are flickering at all... nowhere. So I am pretty sure this is the right track. Could you identify the changes that are related to this camera behaviour and I could try to remove it from your mod manually to check if things get better then.

Thank you!

Meldric

Last edited by Meldric; 06-07-11 at 05:02 AM.
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 07:17 AM   #7371
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Have you followed my troubleshooting steps at bottom of post #1 of this thread? If so, please send files/info for review
ive send you all the infos via pm some time ago, but iknow youre a very busy modder

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 11:16 PM   #7372
Krigsmaskine
Nub

Downloads: 0

Hey, I just bought SH5 Steam and heard your mod was a great tool in order to make the interface a little bit easier to get around in, but I can't seem to get it to work. I managed to activate it in the mod application (JSGME) but it doesn't actually show up in game. I tried searching through the forums for a solution but I couldn't find anything.

Hope you can help me!
Krigsmaskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 11:43 PM   #7373
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigsmaskine View Post
Hey, I just bought SH5 Steam and heard your mod was a great tool in order to make the interface a little bit easier to get around in, but I can't seem to get it to work. I managed to activate it in the mod application (JSGME) but it doesn't actually show up in game. I tried searching through the forums for a solution but I couldn't find anything.

Hope you can help me!
When you extract the mod with winrar etc all the mods are in a folder called MODS, there are heaps of mods there to choose from . So dont just enable the first folder you see .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 11:48 PM   #7374
Krigsmaskine
Nub

Downloads: 0

Nah, I enabled the main mod with the file that you had to edit in order to choose what UI you would see. I managed to fix my own problem by disabling and re-activating through the application though, so it's all good. : )
Krigsmaskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 01:41 PM   #7375
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
ive send you all the infos via pm some time ago, but iknow youre a very busy modder
Me also Neverthless I'll try to do it again. May be our first messages, Stormfly, have been missed in the action, conducted by TDW, with one of the U-boots in the middle of the Atlantic
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 06:23 AM   #7376
crepitis
Watch

Downloads: 222
Default Screen aspect ratios using the mod

Firstly a big thank you to TheDarkWraith for your excellent mod, I cant imagine going back to SH5 without it !

I am however having a problem with running SH5 with the mod enabled at my monitors native resolution ( 1680X1050 @ 60HZ 16:9 ), without the aspect ratio going "wrong" .

I checked through the available resolutions on the menu page graphics options and noticed there are only a couple of resolutions that allow 16:9 aspect,and 1680X1050 isnt one of them.
Unfortunately none of these other resolutions which allow 16:9 seem to work right on my monitor, either leaving a blank band top and bottom of the screen, or distorting the image.

Is this something I can overcome by tweaking some option in the game or mod, or is it something which cannot be altered ?

Without the mod installed I can run at native res and aspect ratio no problem, but its nowhere near as good fun without the new UI !

I have tried searching through the forum for an answer, without success, so any help is greatly appreciated.
crepitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 09:40 AM   #7377
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by crepitis View Post
I am however having a problem with running SH5 with the mod enabled at my monitors native resolution ( 1680X1050 @ 60HZ 16:9 ), without the aspect ratio going "wrong" .
...there are only a couple of resolutions that allow 16:9 aspect and 1680X1050 isnt one of them.
Hi Crepitis

You say your monitor's native res is 1680 x 1050, right? That means your ratio is 8:5

Regards
/
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 10:51 AM   #7378
L30P4RD
Watch

Downloads: 60

Dont know whats happening here, would love to try this mod too I tried different resolutions and also installing Python too but still no go. Installed as per instructions on the vid as well just to be sure I was installing correctly. Any ideas ? This is with your mod alone running so no mod conflicts either ?

L30P4RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 01:00 PM   #7379
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by L30P4RD View Post
Dont know whats happening here, would love to try this mod too I tried different resolutions and also installing Python too but still no go. Installed as per instructions on the vid as well just to be sure I was installing correctly. Any ideas ? This is with your mod alone running so no mod conflicts either ?

Try following the troubleshooting steps listed at bottom of post #1 of this thread.

The screenshot above means an error somewhere. Did you edit the options file?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 01:40 PM   #7380
crepitis
Watch

Downloads: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi Crepitis

You say your monitor's native res is 1680 x 1050, right? That means your ratio is 8:5

Regards
/
I forgot to mention that its a widescreen monitor, would that make a difference to the ratio ?, please pardon my ignorance on such matters
crepitis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui