SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-09-23, 11:09 AM   #6991
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

abortion topic is like a preacher going to a adult strip joint and telling everyone they are sinning dems tells everyone they have no gender rep wants no abortion heck we have a better chance electing cats and dogs
Old 11-09-23, 03:22 PM   #6992
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Thing is they're not electing those representatives, they are loosing to pro-choice opponents. The right to an abortion is like the top get-out-the-vote motivator for Democrats and they use it quite effectively as a political cudgel to defeat pro-life opponents.
Yep, The topic is certainly a motivator for certain voters to glom on too. It’s probably the one subject they think they have control over. I post something about the deficit spending, national debt, this administrations monetary policy, foreign policy, attacks on our troops and it’s nothing but crickets. Mention abortion and they come out of wood work. I’ll say it again, I see it at times a necessity but ought to be limited. I also agree with RBG that Roe v Wade was a mistake and the current SCOTUS ruling making it a State issue.

However I’m horrified by some states, all democrat, who seem so eager and willing to abort a life no holds barred. Heartless, inhuman, monstrous, party fanboys who rejoice extinguishing a life late term. Laws like that have absolutely nothing to with women’s rights but everything to do with protecting the business of abortion and the sales of body parts.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-11-23 at 07:02 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-23, 06:46 AM   #6993
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I and a great many others I suspect will find this article disturbing if it turns out to be true.
Quote:
Trump is doubling down on his threat to take 'revenge' on 'critics and opponents'
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...6703e567&ei=10

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-23, 08:08 AM   #6994
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I and a great many others I suspect will find this article disturbing if it turns out to be true.
Let me guess all you Europeans wrap your phone in tinfoil too so you don’t get the 5G virus. You know, just in case it’s true.

Stop spamming the U.S. politics board with crap like that to pad your post count. You’re a moderator start acting like one.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-11-23 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-11-23, 05:46 PM   #6995
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” – George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905. From the series Great Ideas of Western Man.

“You cannot own a child of god”

Because they don’t care or don’t want to remember. The mentality of the confederate Democrat plantation owner never changes.

The True Story of the ‘Free State of Jones’
A new Hollywood movie looks at the tale of the Mississippi farmer who led a revolt against the Confederacy

Richard Grant; Photographs by William Widmer

March 2016

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...nes-180958111/

Anyone notice how we’ve moved on from Fani Willis and Georgia to the New York court room drama?

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-11-23 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-11-23, 06:25 PM   #6996
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Biden and his democrat plantation owners say: ‘I reject your reality and I substitute my own.”

And say Biden officials reject Moody's shift to 'negative' outlook, point to Republican 'dysfunction'

Reuters
November 10, 20235:26 PM ESTUpdated a day ago

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bid...an-2023-11-10/

Quote:
WASHINGTON, Nov 10 (Reuters) - Top Biden administration officials on Friday rejected a decision by Moody's ratings agency to downgrade its U.S. economic outlook to negative from stable, calling the shift a reflection of what they called "extremism and dysfunction" among congressional Republicans.

“While the statement by Moody’s maintains the United States’ AAA rating, we disagree with the shift to a negative outlook. The American economy remains strong, and Treasury securities are the world’s preeminent safe and liquid asset," Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo said in a statement.

White House spokesperson Karine Jean-Pierre said the change was "yet another consequence of congressional Republican extremism and dysfunction.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-11-23 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-11-23, 09:59 PM   #6997
MrMojok69
Loader

Downloads: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
President Trump needs to tell the republicans to STFU about abortion. Let the democrats abort all the little future democrats they want. What a stupid hill to die on. Sometimes I think it's a set up.

Dear republicans, if anyone asks you what your position on abortion is:
They go soft on abortion, or try to stop talking about it, and they lose some of their precious evangelical vote.

They can no more separate themselves from abortion now, than they can separate themselves from Trump.

Any attempt to distance themselves from either results in people not voting at all, and in death threats to Republican lawmakers and their families.

They have bound themselves irrevocably to both things, and there is no escape/dodging either of them. It’s a situation the GOP has created and is going to have to live with for the foreseeable future.
MrMojok69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-23, 11:46 PM   #6998
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

MrMojok69!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-23, 02:05 AM   #6999
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Let me guess all you Europeans wrap your phone in tinfoil too so you don’t get the 5G virus. You know, just in case it’s true.

Stop spamming the U.S. politics board with crap like that to pad your post count. You’re a moderator start acting like one.
You first.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-23, 03:11 AM   #7000
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojok69 View Post
Any attempt to distance themselves from either results in people not voting at all, and in death threats to Republican lawmakers and their families.
I agree with the first observation, but I question the second. The second observation sounds like democrats projecting their methods, particularly their methods coming from so called institutions of higher learning.
Old 11-12-23, 04:38 AM   #7001
MrMojok69
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I agree with the first observation, but I question the second. The second observation sounds like democrats projecting their methods, particularly their methods coming from so called institutions of higher learning.
What you're doing here is saying "no U!"

There is absolutely a huge proportion of the chud populace that sees sending death threats as a recreational activity, and probably also as a duty. I have experienced it myself, via social media.

I know you don't care about what's happened to me, but in the last couple of years, many republican politicians have experienced it too.

Many, many more are going to experience it, going forward. It will literally never end. And it's because the right made the decision to make heaven and earth turn on Dernald J. Trunt.

The same shameful, horrific mindset has been turned on the very people that created it. What is an even bigger horror it is that no Republican politicians or constituents can prevent it from happening.

I'll bet you know this phrase: "Nothing can stop what is coming!"

Well, it's true. Just not in the way you guys thought.
Old 11-12-23, 04:41 AM   #7002
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Recent reports of Donald Trump's plan to exact revenge in his second term are both old news and incredibly important, according to a longtime analyst of American politics.

It was reported last week that Trump is formally plotting a vengeance campaign if he's re-elected to another term as president, and a Washington Post reporter explained how he's surrounding himself with authoritarian accomplices.

In a Mother Jones piece, David Corn wrote the following:

"A few days ago, the Washington Post published a much-noticed article reporting that Trump and his allies 'have begun mapping out specific plans for using the federal government to punish critics and opponents should he win a second term, with the former president naming individuals he wants to investigate or prosecute.' That list includes people who worked for him and became critics, including former chief of staff John Kelly, former Attorney General Bill Barr, and retired Gen. Mark Milley, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as well as President Joe Biden and Biden’s family. The piece—headlined 'Trump and allies plot revenge, Justice Department control in a second term'—caused a to-do, with commentators pointing to it as more evidence of Trump’s extremism and authoritarian yearnings."

He added:

"This was important news for the Washington Post to expose. But, in a way, it’s an old story, though one that has never sufficiently registered. Trump has always been fixated on revenge. This is a dangerous and fundamental character trait that I’ve been trying to draw attention to for a long while."

Corn provides several examples of Trump vowing revenge long before even his first presidential run. According to Corn, Trump said in 2007 that his business advice was to "get even" with "people that screw you."

"As I pointed out back then, Trump is a man completely obsessed with revenge," Corn then added. "It’s a psychological compulsion that possibly stretches back to his childhood. And it’s long been hypothesized that Trump primarily ran for president in 2016 to get even with Barack Obama, after the 44th president roasted him at the 2011 White House Correspondents’ Association dinner."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...a55be52b&ei=10
Unbelievable!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-23, 05:25 AM   #7003
MrMojok69
Loader

Absolutely believable:

I first became aware of Dernald in about 1984, because I was into boxing and football.

He showed his ass back then, and he is the exact same person now as he was then, and this is absolutely believable.

The majority of his cult members have all the same personality traits he does. The narcissism, the selfishness, lack of respect for people in general, the inability to relate to other human beings in any meaningful way.
Old 11-12-23, 08:59 AM   #7004
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

So, it is getting close to exploding, even MSM can't cover this up and ignore it forever. Where are the Woodward and Bernsteins today?

https://nypost.com/2023/11/11/opinio...et-even-worse/

Quote:
Last week’s announcement by House Oversight Chairman James Comer of Kentucky that he subpoenaed the president’s son Hunter and brother, Jim Biden, and other relatives shows the probe has entered a new phase. Although Comer made no secret from the outset that he was targeting the president, the demand for testimony and documents from relatives and former family associates puts a clear target on Biden’s back.

It’s as if the preliminary stage is complete and the final act is about to unfold.

The precedent for the new subpoenas was the discovery of two checks written to Joe from brother Jim and Jim’s wife, Sara. One check was for $200,000, another was for $40,000, and both contained the words “loan repayment” in the memo space.

The transfers came to Joe within days of the family getting large payments from clients that passed through a convoluted series of bank accounts obviously designed to obscure the source and ultimate recipients of the money.

One of the clients, a Chinese energy conglomerate, sent $5 million to a joint account controlled by Hunter Biden and a Chinese national. The money arrived days after Hunter said on a 2017 WhatsApp message to a company leader that he was sitting beside his father and both would never forget a failure to send the money, which Hunter claimed was owed for previous work.

According to Comer, soon after the $5 million landed, $400,000 was transferred to an account owned by Hunter. He then wired $150,000 to another account controlled by Jim and Sara Biden. She soon withdrew $50,000 in cash, deposited it into her and Jim’s personal checking account and days later, cut a check to Joe Biden for $40,000.

The amount, representing 10% of Hunter’s $400,000, matches the percentage of the deal Hunter was said to be secretly holding for the “big guy.”
Old 11-13-23, 11:22 AM   #7005
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Just seen a clip in the news where Biden was attending some Veterans days celebration and where he was acting kind of disillusioned.

Will he be reelected next year ?

His age is his disadvantage, where his advantage is, he's not trump.

The Dems really doesn't have any other candidate than President Biden

(This was said after the video clip)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote