SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-07, 01:35 PM   #211
Van Diemen
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hardcore subsim player, like almost everybody else.
HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.
Old 04-13-07, 12:15 AM   #212
Spray
Planesman

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

ROLE-PLAYING SUBSIM SKIPPER
Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. You're a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. (Or perhaps you're wise beyond your years.) Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Pacific Storm, Navy Field, and Silent War.
Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 12:29 AM   #213
Reaves
The Old Man

Downloads: 4

I got Hardcore but I'm not really that hardcore.
Old 04-13-07, 09:13 AM   #214
balto63
Helmsman

Downloads: 57
Default Role - Plaiyng

Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. You're a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. (Or perhaps you're wise beyond your years.) Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Pacific Storm, Navy Field, and Silent War.

Hi to all

Old 04-13-07, 12:31 PM   #215
TripleDaddy
A-ganger

Downloads: 1

I actually had a TSR-80 and I do in fact talk to my crew....
TripleDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 12:37 PM   #216
thegroo
Bosun

Downloads: 0

CASUAL SUBSIM SKIPPERYou fell in love with Aces of the Deep. Your playing style is relaxed, more for fun than historical accuracy. You always play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters from the NavMap (rightclick is your friend), if you ever ventured to play them at all. Probably you prefer WWII subsims like Silent Hunter 3, SH4 and Aces. You may try the manual TDC, but you prefer to leave the auto map contacts on, (blank maps scare you). Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by.

Quite accurate, but i don't reload.

Dieter

Old 04-13-07, 01:10 PM   #217
ST.Rage
Watch

Downloads: 9

hardcore subsim skipper,

yes probably true, I do have the maps on my wall and I do play with a redlight, My wife affectionately calls me a dork
Old 04-13-07, 03:12 PM   #218
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
But I think it's lying... I often walk away from the game for ice cream and only have seen a red light when the wife is randy.
Old 04-14-07, 08:13 AM   #219
yankee-V
Loader

Said I am a Casual Subsimmer. ... I won't nitpick. But I could.
Old 04-15-07, 05:09 AM   #220
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

ACTION-ORIENTED SUBSIM SKIPPER
Oh hell, who are we kidding? Working TMA in Dangerous Waters is as exciting as watching paint dry. You want no part of it, and rightfully so, you are a man of action, the reason games with good graphics sell. You may try a hand at Silent Hunter 4 but only with fast reloads and never dud torpedoes. Who says you cannot sink a whole convoy and never drop below 16x time compression? And manual TDC? Are they crazy? If you wanted to work trig problems, you could do that in school. No, you like fast-paced games like Battlestations: Midway and Steel Tide. Blow stuff up real good! Zoom! Blam! Full speed ahead--look, a kitty!

Dunno if tis really is me but surveys' nver lie do they?:hmm:

TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-07, 11:27 AM   #221
MikeJW
Helmsman

It gave me casual but I'm more of a role play skipper. I try to do in game what I think I would have done IRL and I'm moving away from the more arcade elements of SH4 and being more of a sim player.
MikeJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 07:48 AM   #222
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER as well

Not that I expected anything else
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-07, 10:15 PM   #223
Wolfie39
Swabbie

I am a casual skipper/sub simmer it says. It described me completly except for the historical accuracy part. I like things to be right history wise.
Wolfie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-07, 11:07 PM   #224
Chock
Sea Lord

Until they fix those mysterious crew deaths in SH4, I'm a German subsim skipper
Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 08:36 PM   #225
HM.Medico
Helmsman

Code:
Plot co-ordinates nuclear strike
Lat=41.25E
Long=27.33S
3000mm W
2300mm S
GAC=44785699845422589
Fire Authorised
                     |ooooooooooooooooooo|
                     |ooooooooooooooooooo|
                     |oooooooFIREoooooooo|
                     |ooooooooooooooooooo|
                     |ooooooooooooooooooo|
                      \ooooooooooooooooo/
                       \ooooooooooooooo/
                        \ooooooooooooo/
NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADCAP equals "make my day".

Am not, I love SH3...
USE GOOD GRAMMAR!
HM.Medico is offline   Reply With Quote