Nice work here

Thanks a lot!
Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 05:57 PM   #92
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

Got a type IX in my AOD career, but realized I had not yet made a new control room for it. For my own enjoyment and to have something a little more immersive, I did some graphic editing of the stock screen, darkened the room and added some lighting effects to the bulbs. Eventually I will make a totally new room in the same quality as the type VII mod.

Old 11-21-22, 10:02 AM   #93
Andreas86
Engineer

Another prototype, edited the misplaced stairs out of the room, modified the floor, shadows, diving station chairs, changed depth gauge, lighting, and recruited a diving station guy.

Last edited by Andreas86; 11-22-22 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-24-22, 08:20 AM   #94
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Beautifully done like all the rest!
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 04:41 PM   #95
Andreas86
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Beautifully done like all the rest!
Thank you very much!

Last edited by Andreas86; 11-28-22 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-04-22, 07:58 AM   #96
Andreas86
Engineer

Christmas update coming! The radio operator had a case of serious sunburn, and seeing as he didn't really experience that much sun, I have made him u-boat pale again -much to his disappointment. The torpedo room screen has been much improved, featuring a better u-boat model, and a cleaner and detailed color background, less stylistic and more immersive. This also goes for the XXI torpedo screen.

Lastly, but most importantly, the Type IX will finally get a new control room screen! Finding source art or real photos of the Type IX interior proved difficult, hence I have worked to improve the original Dynamix artwork.

Funny story about the diving station guy, no suitable drawings or photos were to be found. But this one small figurine in the picture below (to the far right) from a Type VII model, was just perfect!

Old 12-11-22, 08:46 AM   #97
toolsey2
Watch

Downloads: 523
Default Type II control room

Andreas86
Thanks for modding Aces , you are making it great again , i have loaded your mod inside the game as instructed I think and have seen the new type VII control room graphic but when I start a new career in type II I am getting the original control room graphic is this correct , I was hoping the new graphic would be shown ,have I done something wrong or is there not the type II available
Regards and thanks again.
toolsey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-22, 09:44 AM   #98
Andreas86
Engineer

Hi toolsey! Thanks for the kind words! You have not done anything wrong, and you are right. I have not yet made a new control room for the type II, unfortunately. It is on my to-do list. A new room for the Type IX will come soon, and then if I can find source art for the Type II I will do that as well. If you have any good sources for this, it would be most welcome. I'll admit I have prioritized my most favorite u-boats.

Problem is that due to the gauge placements being different from room to room, you cannot simply interchange one with the other. In AoD, the type II has more narrow spacing between where the dials show up, and I have not figure out how to change this. It would probably take some reverse engineering of the code, or clever hex editing. So we are left with working with the graphics creatively instead.

Regards.
Old 12-11-22, 09:51 AM   #99
toolsey2
Watch

Downloads: 523
Default Type II

Andreas86
Thanks for quick reply , good to know I have not installed it wrong , happy Christmas and new year
toolsey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-22, 03:32 PM   #100
Andreas86
Engineer

The same to you toolsey2! I'll see what I can do over the next weeks, regarding the control room.
Old 12-22-22, 04:32 AM   #101
Andreas86
Engineer

More work has been done in the type IX control room. Below is a comparison between the stock Dynamix art and my latest version.

Old 12-23-22, 09:37 PM   #102
Giesemaschine
Bosun

Downloads: 67

I'm still encountering a glitch where, when on the bridge with the crew graphics, DOSBOX will crash as soon as I pan left or right and a crew member comes into view.

I've upped my virtual memory from 64 to 512 in DOSBOX settings but it still crashes, and I have also tried lowering/increasing cycles.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Giesemaschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 03:32 PM   #103
Andreas86
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesemaschine View Post
I'm still encountering a glitch where, when on the bridge with the crew graphics, DOSBOX will crash as soon as I pan left or right and a crew member comes into view.

I've upped my virtual memory from 64 to 512 in DOSBOX settings but it still crashes, and I have also tried lowering/increasing cycles.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
This I have never encountered.. Have you copied all the "tower*.BMP" files over? Can you record a short dosbox video capture of it?

512 MB ram in dosbox should be unnecessary, I think I use only 16/32 myself.. What is your video memory setting in your dosbox.conf file? 1, 2, 4, 8 MB? Are you running standard SVGA_S3 setting? Although it works fine here with SVGA_S3, I usually use SVGA_ET4000 and 2 MB vram (due to dos flight simulations like FS4), and I can recommend the driver for stability and performance.

Do you run the latest AoD version?

I will try to help as best I can. From your description I would guess it is a matter of video ram, or missing files.

Last edited by Andreas86; 12-25-22 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-18-23, 05:39 PM   #104
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142

hi

i just tried this mod in AcesOTD and it crashes when i go to the bridge and try to pan around - like as some as the graphic is going be that which shows the other crew on the bridge, it crashes and the game restarts

- what am i doing wrong?
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-23, 05:54 PM   #105
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142

i have followed you instructions a couple times over and the same result every time - if i go to the bridge, the initial screen showing the new front view is there, but as soon as i pan left or right, the whole things crashes

what patch version of AOD is this mod intended for? also are there any specific Dosbox settings needed?

i notice also that the tower bmp files are not actual bmp graphic files are? it does not appear that one can even open them in any graphics program - o tried to open them in ms paint and photoshop, just to see if there is anythign up with them, but none will open - they come up as Invalid format
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote