SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-22, 11:30 AM   #1
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Default DOT Mod Loading Error

Hey yall I just downloaded the DOT Mod from Github and tried to install it, but I get this error:

Error: weaponName usn_mk46_84 not found

Any help with what is going on here?

Thanks

Edit: Looking through the forum are we not allowed to ask questions/discuss either DOT mod or Epic Mod, and if so why/what happened? Thanks again

Last edited by Tucker; 01-26-22 at 11:52 AM.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 10:27 PM   #2
Cy-Fox
SUBSIM Mod (CW+Discord)

Downloads: 110

DotMod's okay to discuss at this point. Epic Mod is however off the table due to some reasons I'd be happy to go over in PM.

Now as far as troubleshooting your issue, was this on an unmodded stock version of Cold Waters? Sometimes installing and activating DotMod on a modded version can cause problems, so a clean install is usually the first thing to shoot for.

Cy-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 12:42 PM   #3
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy-Fox View Post
DotMod's okay to discuss at this point. Epic Mod is however off the table due to some reasons I'd be happy to go over in PM.

Now as far as troubleshooting your issue, was this on an unmodded stock version of Cold Waters? Sometimes installing and activating DotMod on a modded version can cause problems, so a clean install is usually the first thing to shoot for.

Thanks for the clarification on if Dot Mod/Epic Mod is ok to talk about on the forums. And yeah I would be interested to know more of the information/what happened in a PM.

Also thanks for your suggestion. I ended up going to Dot Mods discord and we worked it out. It was a left over file from an old mod. I thought I had a clean game, even uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but some old modded files refused to go away and were causing the issues. Its all fixed now. Had to delete all the files manually, verify the integrity of the game, redownload it, uninstall it, reinstall it, and then it worked hahaha.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote