SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-28-21, 11:52 AM   #1
Swordsman422
Watch

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default DotMod RUR-5 torpedoes steering away from target.

Hey guys.

Anyone else having an issue where their ASROC-launched torpedoes are in terminal guidance on an enemy submarine, sonar active and closing in, and then a couple seconds from impact will then steer away from the target when the enemy sub has made no further evasion efforts?

I have spent full magazines from the Tico trying to sink an enemy sub with this weapon and have had no success.
Swordsman422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 06:09 AM   #2
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3

That sounds like the torpedoes are entering decoy evasion mode. Had the target been dropping them?
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 09:23 AM   #3
Swordsman422
Watch

Downloads: 25

The target had dropped one much earlier, but at this point the torpedo was in terminal guidance and the hull of the target would have been all the active sonar could see. The torpedo is veering away in less than half a hull width distance from the target, just a second or two before impact, before then either ducking the target or turning 180 degrees away and going back into search before reacquiring and repeating.
Swordsman422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 08:53 PM   #4
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3

You're not the only report of this we have seen unfortunately. But I dont know what is causing it to happen. Are you able to attempt to get a full log (in Options set Debug to All and Activiate Log Combat and Extended Combat Log) and see if you can get it to happen. Then send it to me somehow so I can try and figure out what is happening?
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote