Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-22, 08:56 AM   #7051
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

USA advises Ukraine to liberate southern territories before winter, - Financial Times

US officials and lawmakers have warned that Ukraine faces a critical battle to regain territory in the country’s south before winter sets in if it is to deny Russia a chance to tighten its grip on the region.

As Censor.NET informs with reference to LIGA.net, the Financial Times writes about it.

The Pentagon said Kyiv must use its momentum in the east to push back Russian forces occupying strategic regions in the south, the gateway to the Black Sea.

"The fighting season is coming to an end. The Ukrainians have gained the upper hand and must continue to use their advantage," said Chris Murphy, a Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

While Ukraine has succeeded in its lightning counteroffensive in Kharkiv region and the unexpected ouster of Russian forces from Lyman in Donetsk region, Western allies see the liberation of Kherson as a crucial test.

"If you control Kherson, you can definitely prevent the Russians from going to Odesa, I think we all believe that the Russians really want that," said a senior US military official.

Officials said Ukrainian forces urgently need to retake the south before winter, as the ground in the region has not frozen for the past three years, meaning the terrain will soon become extremely boggy. And this, according to officials and analysts, gives an advantage to those who defend themselves. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371698

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-05-22, 09:03 AM   #7052
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-05-22, 09:10 AM   #7053
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia says it will recapture areas of annexed territory that fell to a Ukrainian advance.

A Kremlin spokesman said "they will be with Russia forever, they will be returned!"

President Putin signs laws formalising the annexation, in defiance of international law.

Ukraine says its forces have advanced in four regions: Kherson, Kharkiv, Luhansk and Donetsk.

President Volodymyr Zelensky says his troops are making rapid progress, especially in Kherson.

The EU is poised to sign a fresh round of sanctions against Russia, its eighth package.

Analysis: For Russian commanders the omens aren't good

Russia is putting a brave face on its recent losses, in the east and the south. But those losses are so dramatic that it’s hard to put a positive spin on them.

Russian forces have been constantly out-manoeuvred and out-thought by the Ukrainian military. As one Western official put it yesterday, “Ukrainian commanders are throwing problems at the Russian chain of command faster than the Russians can respond.”

Russia, of course, is in the middle of a major process of mobilisation. It’s chaotic and riddled with problems but it will, in time, generate a significant number of new troops. How effective they will be remains to be seen, but 200,000 men is not nothing.

Ukraine knows this and is keeping up the pace, trying to take as much ground as it can before Russia is able to strike back. It has no such manpower problems, and it’s getting more and more sophisticated Western equipment every day.

As things stand, it’s hard to see how Russia can regain any of the territory it has just retreated from. Its losses, in manpower, equipment and morale, have been quite staggering. It’s been many months since it could boast any significant achievements. Ukrainian forces, meanwhile, are exuding confidence.

This could change, but it would need several things to happen.

Russia’s newly conscripted soldiers would have to be put to effective use. Its commanders would have to show a great deal more creativity than they have so far. And the West would have to lose interest in Ukraine.

For Moscow, the omens are not good.

Old 10-05-22, 09:42 AM   #7054
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Putler makes Kadyrov a colonel general.

Aha. Might be Putler's way to say "Please save my azz" without explicitly saying "Please save my azz."
Old 10-05-22, 10:33 AM   #7055
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Aha. Might be Putler's way to say "Please save my azz" without explicitly saying "Please save my azz."

Reminds one of how old Adolph made von Paulus a Field Marshal just before the fall of Stalingrad. At least Vlad doesn't have to air drop the badge of rank to the new Colonel General. He hasn't been cut off, yet.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-05-22, 11:58 AM   #7056
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Does anyone keep count on how many times they have said this ?

https://twitter.com/TpyxaNews/status...72486412419104

Markus
Count the US arms supplies there you have your number Russian biaatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-05-22, 12:03 PM   #7057
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Bill View Post
Where do all these people go???? I know Europe takes pride in accepting
fugitives, derelicts and runaways into its borders...I 100% understand that every single Ukrainian who had to run from their country deserves refuge.

But what are they going to do with a million Russian men who don't want to fight the Russian war? lol...I mean really? where do they put these people? They don't send them home, knowing Europe's sick obsession with "doing the right thing"...Do they give them free housing and jobs and such?
It is not only Europe Russians go to far east, Russian satellites and Middle East the acceptance differs per country EU has countries that do not want Russians others do.

Quote:
Old 10-05-22, 12:38 PM   #7058
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

"I was surprised by results of referendums," - Putin

The President of the Russian Federation, Volodymyr Putin, claims that the results of the so-called "referendums" that took place in the Russian-occupied territories of Ukraine came as a surprise to him.

As Censor.NET informs, Putin's words were quoted by the RIA-Novosti news agency.

"To be honest, the results of the referendums not only pleased me, but also surprised me - after all, people lived and continue to live in such difficult conditions... the result, of course, is more than convincing, and it is completely transparent, this result is not subject to any doubt," the Russian dictator assures. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371732

Old 10-05-22, 12:38 PM   #7059
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Could be Putler thinking ohh you biaach public about me so nao be my war bitch and feel the might of the Russian fail your self

Quote:
Old 10-05-22, 12:41 PM   #7060
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Putin instructed to transfer Zaporizhzhia NPP to Russian control

The President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, ordered the Zaporizhzhia NPP to be taken under Russian control.

As Censor.NET informs about this with reference to the website of the Kremlin.

With his "decree", Putin instructed the Russian government to ensure "the acceptance into federal ownership of the objects of the use of atomic energy of the Zaporizhzhia NPP and other property that is necessary for the implementation of its activities." It is also ordered to take measures to create a "federal state unitary enterprise of Zaporizhzhia NPP".

Putin instructed the Russian government to determine the specifics of the operation, licensing, and other aspects of regulating the activities of the "Joint-Stock Company "Operating Organization of Zaporizhzhia NPP"" for the period until 2028.

Rosenergoatom announced that Zaporizhzhia NPP was "led" by Oleg Romanenko, the former chief engineer of Balakiv NPP. It was also reported there that in the near future all employees of the ZNPP will be "employed" on the staff of the new "operating organization" with the retention of salaries. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3371743

Old 10-05-22, 12:45 PM   #7061
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-05-22, 12:52 PM   #7062
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Putin responds to setbacks: Russia's President Vladimir Putin has said he expects the situation to "stabilise" in Ukrainian regions annexed by the Kremlin after Moscow suffered military setbacks and lost several key towns to Kyiv.

Ukraine advances in Luhansk: Ukrainian troops have reclaimed six villages in Luhansk since Tuesday, an area previously entirely under Russian control, the region's head has told the BBC. Our correspondent in Kyiv, Hugo Bachega, says they are "small but very symbolic gains".

Oil producers slash output: Opec+ members - a group of the largest oil producers including Russia - have announced they will slash oil production by two million barrels a day, pushing up prices and boosting Russia's revenue. The US says it is disappointed by the decision.

More EU sanctions: The EU has agreed another round of sanctions against Russia, the bloc’s eighth, including further limits on trade with Russia. Our Brussels correspondent, Jessica Parker, says some EU members are already pushing for firmer measures.

Old 10-05-22, 01:07 PM   #7063
Dargo
Admiral

Russia has become the largest weapons supplier to Ukraine. 320 tanks have been transfered to UKR by the west-- an additional 421 were abandoned by RU and placed into UKR service. IFVs, 210 from the west, 445 from RU, armored vehicles, 40 from the west, and 192 from RU. https://twitter.com/ChuckPfarrer/sta...99612563066883

Quote:
Old 10-05-22, 01:32 PM   #7064
Dargo
Admiral

Russian units start to surrendering to the Ukrainians in the Kherson oblast Russians likely to have negotiated this surrender, probably happening a lot more than we hear or see.

Quote:
Old 10-05-22, 01:33 PM   #7065
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Closed Thread