SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-10-12, 10:12 AM   #1456
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The main reason you are getting this error is because an embedded string doesn't exist in the GR2 file. I'm adding some code that will automatically add the 'essential' embedded strings to the GR2 file if they don't exist upon load.
Cool I'm waitting the next version

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 11:19 AM   #1457
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Cool I'm waitting the next version
Just about ready. Doing final testing now
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 02:15 PM   #1458
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
Old 06-10-12, 03:41 PM   #1459
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

The problem BIGREG was having was that the GR2 file he was working with was missing some embedded strings. These embedded strings are needed to define the maps he wanted to add. So what I did was look for these 'essential' embedded strings when the GR2 file is read in and if they don't exist I ask you if you want to add them. If you do then the app will add them to the GR2 file and you will have 100% functionality. If you don't then there's some things you will not be able to do with the app. Most GR2 files have all these 'essential' embedded strings already
Old 06-10-12, 04:07 PM   #1460
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Great that work fine,just an error when i try to remove the old "binding" material

edit : for the undersea.GR2 ,when you open it with Goblin and merge the .sim ,i have lost controllers ,but in the left windows ,it could not come from missing meshes ? rock2,3,5 !?

Proverbe Shadok
Old 06-10-12, 06:04 PM   #1461
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Great that work fine,just an error when i try to remove the old "binding" material
What's the error

If you renamed anything in that GR2 file then yes it's possible that's why you are getting the errors. The name is it's ID (the name is converted into an Int64 somehow)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-10-12 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-10-12, 06:38 PM   #1462
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

The error occurs when removing the old material that is no longer used by the subset
example: for the rock4, I use my new material "Rock4" with my 3 maps and I want to remove the binding with the previous material "rk" in the menu: Meshes->rock4->remove material... result error and corrupted save file

otherwise it works very well if I leave the old material

Edit : for the error in goblin , that is an original error other maybe that come from the annimation
but, I do not think, since I have no error with the other animated objects eg:attack periscop,torpedo doors etc..

Proverbe Shadok
Old 06-10-12, 06:38 PM   #1463
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
The error occurs when removing the old material that is no longer used by the subset
example: for the rock4, I use my new material "Rock4" with my 3 maps and I want to remove the binding with the previous material "rk" in the menu: Meshes->rock4->remove material... result error and corrupted save file

otherwise it works very well if I leave the old material
send me the GR2 file so I can try it in VS and watch what's happening
Old 06-10-12, 07:09 PM   #1464
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Here before removing the old material : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8655607/Roc...ore_remove.zip

and here after (corrupted) : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8655607/Roc...ter_remove.zip

Proverbe Shadok
Old 06-10-12, 07:50 PM   #1465
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I see the error. It's my fault also When I removed the material from the mesh's material bindings I never updated each subset's map references to reflect this! This has been fixed

I just finished coding the Texture remover. Testing it now...
Old 06-10-12, 07:54 PM   #1466
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Super

Now,we can make many things with your editor ,Thank TDW or maybe not , given the job as it allows

Proverbe Shadok
Old 06-10-12, 09:54 PM   #1467
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Texture remover works for the most part. I knew this one was going to be difficult because of all the pointers that have to be adjusted and/or removed. Looks like I got them all but one...Sentinel says there is 1 break in the linked list...now to figure out which one I missed
Old 06-10-12, 10:44 PM   #1468
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

All work great TDW

Now i can add the illumination and the bump map for the rocks

Proverbe Shadok
Old 06-11-12, 06:44 PM   #1469
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Just finished coding the texture remover. Had some bumps and bugs in testing but they're all worked out now. We can now delete textures from GR2 files

Now I have to write an extendeddata remover/deallocater. I have the extendeddata cloner/copier (allocater) coded so I should be able to do the reverse of it to deallocate extendeddata. That's the theory and plan anyways...
Old 06-11-12, 11:48 PM   #1470
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

GrannyViewer seems to have the main menu hard coded as to what items appear in it (the main screen when you select view in detail). I was going to add a new menu entry 'Author Info' but it refuses to show it. I have all the correct pointers and datatype definitions for it and I've printed out the data to verify they are correct and in the correct locations Some peoples children...

Now I'll have to attach it to the ExtendedData entry in the main menu