SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-24, 08:26 AM   #1
Jaded
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Original firing

Hi guys, Im new to SH5, tried it stock and had issues with all the bugs. I installed the twos mega mod pack and have been spending the last couple days tweaking the setting to try to get it right. Im having issue getting the torpedo aiming and firing like it was in the stock game. I dont want to go to the extent of figuring our every last thing, but I also dont want to point and click. I did like having to do some of the leg work, figuring out the type of ship, its speed, range, etc, then lining up the 1, 2, 3...

The way it is now with the TDC, it says unknown ship, tells me to lock on again to get the firing solution..., I have the TDC turned on, but no option to ID the ship....XO says he has a solution but also says to lock on again continually. I just want it like it was in the original game for aiming/firing.
Some of these mods seem ok, and bug fixes are always nice, but some of this just over-complicates things.

Thanks
Jaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 11:00 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Jaded!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 12:28 AM   #3
Kintanar
Swabbie

Downloads: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Hi guys, Im new to SH5, tried it stock and had issues with all the bugs. I installed the twos mega mod pack and have been spending the last couple days tweaking the setting to try to get it right. Im having issue getting the torpedo aiming and firing like it was in the stock game. I dont want to go to the extent of figuring our every last thing, but I also dont want to point and click. I did like having to do some of the leg work, figuring out the type of ship, its speed, range, etc, then lining up the 1, 2, 3...

The way it is now with the TDC, it says unknown ship, tells me to lock on again to get the firing solution..., I have the TDC turned on, but no option to ID the ship....XO says he has a solution but also says to lock on again continually. I just want it like it was in the original game for aiming/firing.
Some of these mods seem ok, and bug fixes are always nice, but some of this just over-complicates things.

Thanks
I dont know exactly what you are looking for, but i got the idea that you want something about enabling or disabling auto TDC:

I think this ones can help you:

Check this:

"Auto TDC Targeting Without Using The 3 Circles":
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=146

Old 03-31-24, 09:11 AM   #4
Jaded
Nub

Downloads: 2

Not quite, I saw that one, but I just want TDC firing like in the unmodded game. So I want the 1, 2, 3, but I dont want the Auto TDC to determine the ship type, range, speed, heading, etc, I want to plug that in myself then line up the 1, 2, 3. Id play the unmodded game to get this, but the other bugs make it unplayable.

I actually think its crazy any game company would ever release a game this broken, then never bother ever fixing it.
Jaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-24, 05:32 PM   #5
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Not quite, I saw that one, but I just want TDC firing like in the unmodded game. So I want the 1, 2, 3, but I dont want the Auto TDC to determine the ship type, range, speed, heading, etc, I want to plug that in myself then line up the 1, 2, 3. Id play the unmodded game to get this, but the other bugs make it unplayable.

I actually think its crazy any game company would ever release a game this broken, then never bother ever fixing it.
Did you try with OFEV (the Mickey Mouse icon) and see the options for the TDC? Also the options in maps for the 1-2-3 line?

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote