SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-08-23, 08:31 AM   #6976
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Hey on a more inclusive note look at what both parties have been able to accomplish together. The U.S. is by far the most indebted organization in world history, so go ahead give yourselves a pat on the back.

US Debt Interest Bill Rockets Past a Cool $1 Trillion a Year

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-de...065031377.html

Quote:
Estimated annualized interest payments on the US government debt pile climbed past $1 trillion at the end of last month, Bloomberg analysis shows. That projected amount has doubled in the past 19 months from the equivalent figure forecast around the time.

The estimated interest expense is calculated using US Treasury data which state the government’s monthly outstanding debt balances and the average interest it pays.

Of course, the gauge of estimated interest costs is different than what the Treasury actually paid. Interest costs in the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30 ultimately totaled $879.3 billion, up from $717.6 billion the previous year and about 14% of total outlays.

But, looking forward, the rise in yields on long-term Treasuries in recent months suggests the government will continue to face an escalating interest bill.

The worsening metrics may reignite debate about the US fiscal path amid heavy borrowing from Washington. That dynamic has already helped drive up bond yields, threatened the return of the so-called bond vigilantes and led Fitch Ratings to downgrade US government debt in August.

“There will be further increases to Treasury coupon auctions and T-bills outstanding going forward,” Bloomberg Intelligence strategists Ira Jersey and Will Hoffman wrote in a research note. “Besides deficits of over $2 trillion in the foreseeable future, climbing maturities following the increase of issuance from March 2020 will also need to be refinanced.”

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-08-23 at 10:14 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-23, 12:17 PM   #6977
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Chris Christie blames Trump ‘poison’ for GOP election losses.

Quote:
Former New Jersey governor and 2024 GOP hopeful Chris Christie has blamed Donald Trump’s “poison” for the Republican party’s disappointing results in the off-year elections.

Mr Christie, Mr Trump’s onetime staunch ally turned sworn nemesis, pointed out that the former president had endorsed Daniel Cameron in the Kentucky’s gubernatorial race – and that Mr Cameron then landed a major defeat in the red state.

“Cameron was a rising star in the Republican party until he decided to throw his lot in with Donald Trump,” he told CNN on Tuesday night.

“Let’s face it, Donald Trump is political and electoral poison down ballot.”

He added: “Any Republican who was overconfident about beating Joe Biden next year is a foolish Republican,” Christie said. “If he is the candidate for the Democratic Party, which it appears he will be, he will always be a difficult opponent.”
Mr Christie – the GOP presidential candidate who is most critical of Mr Trump – also hit out on social media and urged his party to see the race outcome as a wake-up call of the former president’s waning support.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/polit...084b71dd&ei=14

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-23, 03:59 PM   #6978
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Liberal woke Democrats, you know the ones wouldn’t dream of fighting themselves, have spent at least the last 20 years spinning trash like this and DEIing the hell out of the last institution where American men could improve their station.

Now that we missed recruiting goals by over 25% and getting worse. Looks like accusations of white privilege is out and white men are back in Army recruiting ads instead of obese they/thems telling their story how the army helps them live their life as a poly cat family. Biden must be looking for bullet catchers no time for diversity now that it's wartime, huh guys?

As a commenter says “100% percent more effective than Emma”

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-08-23 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-08-23, 04:24 PM   #6979
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Hey on a more inclusive note look at what both parties have been able to accomplish together. The U.S. is by far the most indebted organization in world history, so go ahead give yourselves a pat on the back.
Yeah, those fools certainly put drunken sailors to shame.
Old 11-08-23, 04:27 PM   #6980
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

You’ll thank us later

Old 11-08-23, 05:34 PM   #6981
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Just talked to a US guy today.
Honestly? I think you are all madmen.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-23, 05:48 PM   #6982
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh hell Catfish, there’s 352,000,000 people in this country. Several of our greater cities have populations larger than entire European countries. Opinions will vary.

And btw, I’m the only normal one in this country everyone else is mad.

Old 11-08-23, 08:52 PM   #6983
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Better not mess with us then.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-23, 11:53 PM   #6984
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
you better stay away from Rockstar then i heard he is way out there only time he is half normal is here at subsim
Old 11-09-23, 03:08 AM   #6985
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-23, 05:13 AM   #6986
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post

President Trump needs to tell the republicans to STFU about abortion. Let the democrats abort all the little future democrats they want. What a stupid hill to die on. Sometimes I think it's a set up.

Dear republicans, if anyone asks you what your position on abortion is:

FFS
Old 11-09-23, 06:55 AM   #6987
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Trump lawyer Alina Habba objects to her own documents in courtroom stumble

Quote:
Donald Trump's lawyers spent Wednesday morning objecting to the Attorney General's Office asking to enter several documents into evidence \-- but one of them was their own.

As witness Ivanka Trump took the stand, prosecutors asked her several questions about conversations she had or emails she exchanged with Trump Organization executives.

As "The Messenger's" Adam Klasfeld explained on Twitter, on several occasions, Ivanka said that she couldn't recall the conversations, so the AG's office entered documents into evidence to refresh her memory.

In one case, the prosecutors showed Ivanka an email from her to Allen Weisselberg and other Trump Org. executives dated Dec. 15, 2011.

“It doesn’t get better than this. lets (sic) discuss asap (sic),” Ivanka wrote.
Habba objected to the email being entered, claiming that it was never sent. The New York prosecutors contradicted it, saying that the email was sent, showing the date.

Prosecutor Kevin Wallace stepped in to address the authenticity, saying the document Habba objected to was one of their own documents.

Justice Arthur Engoron said that he would allow the questioning on the email to continue.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...b3e61fc7&ei=16

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-23, 08:25 AM   #6988
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
President Trump needs to tell the republicans to STFU about abortion. Let the democrats abort all the little future democrats they want. What a stupid hill to die on. Sometimes I think it's a set up.

There are people who are against abortion in every state and of every political persuasion. The politicians who speak up against it are simple representing those people who elected them. It’s how the system works. You can't have one person dictating terms and policy the people elect representatives to be heard.

Personally, I think abortion is sometimes necessary but there should be limits.

Old 11-09-23, 08:54 AM   #6989
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
There are people who are against abortion in every state and of every political persuasion. The politicians who speak up against it are simple representing those people who elected them. It how the system works. You can't have one person dictating terms and policy the people elect representatives to be heard.

Personally, I think abortion is sometimes necessary but there should be limits.
Thing is they're not electing those representatives, they are loosing to pro-choice opponents. The right to an abortion is like the top get-out-the-vote motivator for Democrats and they use it quite effectively as a political cudgel to defeat pro-life opponents.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-23, 09:43 AM   #6990
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post

Dear republicans, if anyone asks you what your position on abortion is:

FFS
A trap it was not, because a trap is set up by an enemy or opponent. The Reps shot themselves in their very own foot, with their very own rifle and by their very own decision. Their misjudgement on this topic was and still is stellar.