Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
which one is worse carter or biden or are they running neck to neck

Carter was a fool, but he meant well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizo View Post
Arizona governor builds border wall out of cargo shipping containers along the US-Mexican border. It was his final act as governor of Arizona. He is Republican.

Bahaha! Kari Lake was robbed!
Old 12-12-22, 08:18 AM   #4727
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Its reported that ex-marine was not freed because the Russians wanted for him a Russian spy who is held by the Germans.
The "spy" is in fact a convicted murderer who is in prison for the so-called "Tiergarten murder" in Berlin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...murder-berlin/
Quote:
In accordance with prosecutors’ demands, the court ruled that the crimes of 56-year-old Krasikov were particularly grave, a finding that is likely to prevent an early release after 15 years of imprisonment, as is common in the German justice system.
Old 12-12-22, 01:12 PM   #4728
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Carter was a fool, but he meant well.

Bahaha! Kari Lake was robbed!
does seem like it is worse under biden instead of carter
Old 12-12-22, 03:36 PM   #4729
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
does seem like it is worse under biden instead of carter
You don't remember gasoline rationing?
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-22, 10:20 PM   #4730
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
i remember the long lines also billy carter going on tv news and saying the problem right now is gas is too cheap didn't take long for the arabs to fix that but then i was like 4 or 5 years old
Old 12-12-22, 10:54 PM   #4731
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Sure do. It did force the auto industry dragging, kicking, and screaming into the digital tuning age along with the EPA emission requirments. Love it, or hate it, cars now have more power with less emissions and far fewer tune up needs.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-22, 01:55 AM   #4732
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Sure do. It did force the auto industry dragging, kicking, and screaming into the digital tuning age along with the EPA emission requirments. Love it, or hate it, cars now have more power with less emissions and far fewer tune up needs.
And was instrumental in pushing the inflation rate into double digits. We are now going to see the same thing happen as a result of Biden's climate initiatives, only it will be worse.
Old 12-13-22, 02:31 AM   #4733
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
And was instrumental in pushing the inflation rate into double digits. We are now going to see the same thing happen as a result of Biden's climate initiatives, only it will be worse.
I won't paint it in your colors but costs will rise as they always do. When haven't they no matter who is in charge? In my work experience, many CEO's have kept costs down during their brief stays by not spending on things that have to be funded, and then leave patting themselves on the back and leaving a disaster for they new CEO to fix. It's nothing more than kicking the can down the street and the money ends up being spent anyway except it then costs more.

Can you show me an example of when costs went down during some adminisration, ever?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-22, 10:44 AM   #4734
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
I won't paint it in your colors but costs will rise as they always do. When haven't they no matter who is in charge? In my work experience, many CEO's have kept costs down during their brief stays by not spending on things that have to be funded, and then leave patting themselves on the back and leaving a disaster for they new CEO to fix. It's nothing more than kicking the can down the street and the money ends up being spent anyway except it then costs more.

Can you show me an example of when costs went down during some adminisration, ever?
honest with you i though we would have to look in 1800's 1921-1922 1927-1928 1930-1933 1938-39 1949 https://www.usinflationcalculator.co...flation-rates/
Old 12-13-22, 11:06 AM   #4735
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:

You are confusing "rising costs" (an increase in the price of goods) with "inflation" (decrease in the value of money)

I'm not going to get in a long winded explanation differentiating the two, suffice to say that they are very closely related, and inflation is driven by governmental policy. (for example: 803 BILLION DOLLARS thrown willy-nilly into the economy and touted as an offset to the governments shutdown of the economy in response to covid-19).
Old 12-13-22, 11:50 AM   #4736
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Government CAFE laws. Even then the automakers played games with that. The digital(ECM's) age grew as emission standards tightened. Emissions and CAFE laws are two different things in a way.

Most definitely vehicles today need less maintenance, go further on a gallon of gas and quite powerful. Emission are almost but not quite nil.
Old 12-13-22, 02:32 PM   #4737
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Emission are almost but not quite nil.

That depends on what you mean by "emission". If you are talking about carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides (NOx, mainly nitrogenmonoxide), sulfur oxides, lead or aromatic hydrocarbons you are quite right, these have been reduced dramatically over the past half century.

However, carbon dioxide emissions are certainly not nil (not even close), and they never will be. A car that uses 6L of gasoline (not diesel) per 100km (that's roughly 40 miles / gallon) will produce about 200 gramms of carbon dioxide per kilometre (about 320 gramms per mile), and there's nothing that can be changed about it.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-22, 02:39 PM   #4738
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
That depends on what you mean by "emission". If you are talking about carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides (NOx, mainly nitrogenmonoxide), sulfur oxides, lead or aromatic hydrocarbons you are quite right, these have been reduced dramatically over the past half century.

However, carbon dioxide emissions are certainly not nil (not even close), and they never will be. A car that uses 6L of gasoline (not diesel) per 100km (that's roughly 40 miles / gallon) will produce about 200 gramms of carbon dioxide per kilometre (about 320 gramms per mile), and there's nothing that can be changed about it.
Not quite nil as stated in my post.
Old 12-13-22, 02:40 PM   #4739
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Not quite nil as stated in my post.

I can accept that
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-22, 03:08 PM   #4740