SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-08-21, 11:19 AM   #3211
flush deck
Mate

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 2

Hi folks,

Some news and WIP on the texture stuff.

Here the Mutsuki, I've finally found good colour ref, so the cameo version of this one and Asashio will come soon. I'will push a bit on the IJN, I guess it could be a priority. By the way, I need to make my base for the IJN, the Minekaze will follow, and I'll be back on the Fletcher.

Stay tuned

Against the overwhelming odds
flush deck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 11:34 AM   #3212
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush deck View Post
Hi folks,

Here the Mutsuki, I've finally found good colour ref, so the cameo version of this one and Asashio will come soon. I'will push a bit on the IJN, I guess it could be a priority. By the way, I need to make my base for the IJN, the Minekaze will follow, and I'll be back on the Fletcher.

Stay tuned
Old 05-08-21, 05:13 PM   #3213
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush deck View Post
Hi folks,

Stay tuned
Old 05-08-21, 10:44 PM   #3214
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

It seems like every career of late has a patrol, whether by design or accident, that covers a stupendous area without encountering any real traffic. I'm not sure if I'm having another of those or if the radar issue is leading the enemy to route traffic away from us.

It's late summer 1942, Japanese expansion has stopped and they're intensifying air coverage of their SLOCs. However we've sighted exactly two ships at sea in 40 days while covering the Sunda Strait up to Hainan, the Gulf of Tonkin, SCS up to Taiwan, over to the Luzon Strait, down to Manila, Balabac to Basilan to Balabac to Hainan to Singapore. In the great port city of Singapore there was exactly one ship, a medium tanker, and a daihatsu guarding it.

Crossing the Sulu Sea, we had seven air contacts eastbound and nine west, each in one day. Even in the middle of the SCS we had approximately that many. I'm beginning to feel like a Kaleun in 1944.

If this is the new norm for 1.46, I think I may take Uncle Louie up on that desk job in the Pentagon until the next release.

Last edited by Mios 4Me; 05-09-21 at 06:27 PM. Reason: corrected FRS version
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 10:56 PM   #3215
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
It seems like every career of late has a patrol, whether by design or accident, that covers a stupendous area without encountering any real traffic. I'm not sure if I'm having another of those or if the radar issue is leading the enemy to route traffic away from us.

It's late summer 1942, Japanese expansion has stopped and they're intensifying air coverage of their SLOCs. However we've sighted exactly two ships at sea in 40 days while covering the Sunda Strait up to Hainan, the Gulf of Tonkin, SCS up to Taiwan, over to the Luzon Strait, down to Manila, Balabac to Basilan to Balabac to Hainan to Singapore. In the great port city of Singapore there was exactly one ship, a medium tanker, and a daihatsu guarding it.

Crossing the Sulu Sea, we had seven air contacts eastbound and nine west, each in one day. Even in the middle of the SCS we had approximately that many. I'm beginning to feel like a Kaleun in 1944.

If this is the new norm for 1.39, I think I may take Uncle Louie up on that desk job in the Pentagon until the next release.
you must have hit the worst luck with regards to convoy spawn probability.
there is always traffic in the SCS traveling back to the Home Islands and if traffic doesn't go up through the Taiwan Straits then it jogs east and runs north through the Luzon Strait which is the Convoy College area.
i do not think the enemy is detecting your radar and avoiding you because i always have my radar on, blasting out at the highest power and i am rarely at a loss for targets.
chalk it up to bad luck and let it go.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 11:49 PM   #3216
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

It's not that they're detecting my radar, but that the Betties and Jakes are detecting me beyond the range of my own radar and then inviting all their friends to the party...and presumably warning away the friends I'd actually like to meet.

As for luck, this has happened at least twice before that I'm sure of, perhaps more than that. There's a post from a previous release where we went from the Solomons through the Philippines to the SCS and back through Makassar without encountering a single merchant at sea. I can dig it up if it might be useful.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 01:29 AM   #3217
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Downloads: 36

Default Help

How can I download this SuperMod? I can't find...
Noobicum4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 01:58 AM   #3218
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobicum4Ever View Post
How can I download this SuperMod? I can't find...
Page 1 of this thread... post 1... right under the section tagged, ''history''... can't miss it.
Old 05-09-21, 06:05 AM   #3219
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

It's not a serious bug but the weather in this mod seems not presented correctly. The weather report says no rain and the watch crew don't wear rain coats, but the raindrops are obvious...
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 09:05 AM   #3220
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
It's not a serious bug but the weather in this mod seems not presented correctly. The weather report says no rain and the watch crew don't wear rain coats, but the raindrops are obvious...
it looks like one of our Kaleuns was using the weather cheat.
did you use cntl+n?

LAA enabled
Old 05-09-21, 09:33 AM   #3221
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
it looks like one of our Kaleuns was using the weather cheat.
did you use cntl+n?
What's the "weather cheat"? Never heard that
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 12:31 PM   #3222
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
What's the "weather cheat"? Never heard that
your screen shot has all of the features of the results of using ctrl+n to clear visibility, aka weather cheat.
ctrl+n is the key stroke to clear fog however, if it was raining at the time of use, the fog dissipates but the rain remains....until the weather pattern is changed by the application.
it's not a sin to use it but that is the explanation for rain during what seems like fair weather.
it's possible that you mis-typed some other command and never realized the results until afterwards.
now, you are aware.

LAA enabled
Old 05-09-21, 01:44 PM   #3223
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3217

Quote:
This bug is in all SH4 version from vanilla to FOTRSU.

Sometime, a save/reload corrects the problem.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 03:33 PM   #3224
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

The crew also does not put on their caps and gowns until the rain and wind are above a certain level - near gale force. Remember, your crew is NOT a bunch of sissies that need to go back inside and change every 62.3 days... who cares if it's cold or windy or even snowing? They come out in short-sleeved shirts in all weather... lol - part of the game.

Weather, repairs, sounds, all sorts of stuff run off of the game's "clock", and if you Save and exit the game in the middle of one of its processes, that will re-set the clock. Also, the "randomness" of the game has a tendency to get "stuck" if you will, to where if there is a 30% chance of something happening, you will get 3 in a row, then 7 times without, then 3 more in a row, then 7 without, or maybe 2 and 8, then 3 and 7 . It is not often that the game will actually give you a 'true' "roll-of-the-dice" set of chance circumstances.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-21, 05:14 PM   #3225
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post

If this is the new norm for 1.39, I think I may take Uncle Louie up on that desk job in the Pentagon until the next release.
i may revise my response to this issue.

i am playing 1.46 and it's March 1942, so we playing against the 42a traffic pattern.
we are patrolling the east side of Luzon and there is nothing. no traffic. zero. zip. nada. bupkis.
before going on patrol i reviewed the 42a traffic and Campaign files and saw nothing out of the ordinary but clearly something is out of the ordinary.

LAA enabled