Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-02-24, 08:57 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default TIME: The ISS Experience

https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/Jdfl6zty

This is a series of video episodes about the history of the iSS, the way there, the life on board, space walks, the long journey of astronauts preparing to get up there. Its outstanding as a documentary.

Having said that, the video series is available in 360° videos in FULL STEREOSCOPIC 3D. I watched them in the Quest 3, in the so-called TV app or the Horizon App of which TV is a sub-module. And I must say that some of the stuff send me into emotional overload mode. I have mentioned one episode already some months ago in the VR thread, "Extended Spacewalkers", it shows preparation of a space walk mission in the ISS, the station from outside, the astronauts doing work on it, and the Earth racing below, for 17-18 minutes .

It blows up the mind.

These sights in 360° and stereoscopic 3D are the closest you can ever get to heaven without becoming an astronaut yourself, and its mind-transforming. I found it somewhat emotionally exhausting, it really blew my mind. I think of it as katharsis. A couple of days ago I showed this in VR to an old friend whom I have not had contact to since a couple of years. I meanwhile was in the kitchen, finishing the preparations for a meal. Twice she had to interrupt, gently sobbing and tears in her eyes - emotional overload. Not much different than happened to me on my first run.

Its hard to overestimate what an impact this material can have on people - in VR, in 360°, in stereoscopic 3D.

All the videos are good and interesting, you get a feel for the installations and working spaces and control centres and assembly halls of NASA on the ground, but the by far best experience is the Extended Space Walk (the extended version, there is also a shorter normal version of that episode).

Breathtaking, and absolutely, highly recommended. In a VR headset of course. If you can "organise" one, can get, or lend a Quest for just this, do it - and do yourself a favour: allow yourself to get flattened. "Extended Space Walk" is the climax of the show. At least this part you dont want to miss.

https://time.com/space-explorers/