SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-16-23, 04:31 PM   #1
Oubaas
Frogman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default Ground Branch

If you're looking for an excellent first-person shooter, I can highly recommend, "Ground Branch", available on Steam.

Single player, multiplayer, co-op, whatever you want. I play single player, in, "Lone Wolf" mode exclusively.

It has a variety of maps, a Ready Room complete with a filthy coffee maker that could probably give you Ebola, just like we had in real life during my military career, and you get a locker where you can choose your loadout and gear.

Although the basic premise is that you work for CIA Covert Operations, Special Activities Division, Ground Branch, you can deck your character out anyway you'd like. If you want to carry an AKM and wear Russian flags on your outfit, you can.

The missions are many and varied, and you sort of make them up from the menu before entering the game. There are also ranges, training facilities, lots of things to do.

But be advised, this isn't Call of Duty. The bad guys will kill you.

All-in-all, this is top notch, and the price ain't bad. Check it out.

Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-23, 04:35 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

How is single player mode (does it even make sense), how is variety and diversity in missions, maps?
Old 07-17-23, 06:43 PM   #3
Oubaas
Frogman

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
How is single player mode (does it even make sense), how is variety and diversity in missions, maps?
Single player, known as, "Lone Wolf" mode in-game, is superb in my opinion. That's the only way that I play.

There are many maps, all well designed. As for mission variety, you can set up the missions as you please. Everything is scalable by the player. You pretty much can determine what you're going to face, based on the idea upon which the map is based.

I get a great sense of accomplishment when I go solo and take back a 747 being held by 15 terrorists at an airport in Africa. I find it especially gratifying because I choose everything, from weapons loadout to uniform, to gear such as my night vision rig, everything.

The price is not bad, and with all those maps, and more coming, plus lots of weapons, gear, and more coming, and Steam Workshop coming with modding support from the developers, including the upcoming SDK, it's a bargain at the price, in my opinion.

Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-23, 01:07 PM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

I'll give it a go later on, I just red they are about to integrate Steam Workshop. Thats a plus for the longevity of a title.
Old 08-21-23, 08:20 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

I took note of a new blip on my radar, Onward, optimised for VR.