Don't fret about it, Markus - it's only a game, mate
Old 01-02-23, 02:04 PM   #3902
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
@ MODERATOR: please move to the 'Young Buna's Travels' thread!
Quite correct and I shall attend to it presently

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 05:35 PM   #3903
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Don't fret about it, Markus - it's only a game, mate
U daren't say such a thing about whack-a-squirrel!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 06:30 PM   #3904
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
...bring it on...graßhopper!! He that would get all medieval on a medievalist had better better come to the fray well suited and in fighting mind
OK! Can I bring the Plague with me too?

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 07:48 PM   #3905
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Icon9 Half a decade later

Quote:
Originally Posted by me02/'17
Had a near disaster myself. I got summoned forth to San Francisco at 9PM-50 miles- with rain to-beat-the-band and 50+mph cross-winds to match across three major toll-bridges and Corolla's front-drive wheels slipping, even in low torque. For the toll-free return direction, I first called my boat captain who monitors road and weather to inquire about returning the toll free direction across the Golden Gate Bridge, and avoiding the windy Bay Bridge I'd arrived on. The route has been closed for flooding this month for several days. I finally get to a one-lane route at Sonoma around midnight approx 15 mile from my home and am following the vehicle in front, when the road disappears...70 yards of six-inch very brown deep water from a nearby creek and I'm in it! Real sudden-like (Flash really means Flash BBY!) with utterly no chance to turn around; and I can't see the deep ditches on both sides anyhow. (note: flood water/sewage does not smell good at all)With no options: I managed to punch through, creeping in second gear w/o stopping(fatal) and got back onto the dry road. I called the road condition into to 911 and made it home by 00:45. It's till pouring rain as I post and 31 road closures R in effect in Sonoma County today.
History repeats itself: the forcast for the Atmospheric River's Pineapple Express as of Tuesday is 10" of rain, 50+ mph winds, heavy flooding, landslides and expected loss of life??! This time around I'm retired; off the road, and in my easy chair... @ El Whacko: "Bring out yer dead!"

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-05-23, 04:10 AM   #3906
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

cool Thanks god! We need the water!

Update photos 3 new terms for me: Bomb Cyclone; Atmospheric River; Pineapple Express =
Quote:
The storm underwent rapid development off the California coast over the past 36 hours, becoming what meteorologists refer to as a bomb cyclone. As the storm intensified, it tapped into abundant tropical moisture available in the Pacific Ocean, creating a reasonably strong "atmospheric river" carrying copious amounts of moisture from Hawaii to California. This specific type of atmospheric river, known as the "Pineapple Express" in a nod to the storm's fuel source due to its Hawaiian origins, is set to bring significant moisture to California. Think of this as a narrow pipeline of moisture that originates in the tropics.
Bottom line: this beats Earthquakes and firestorms any day!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-05-23 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-05-23, 07:42 AM   #3907
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Informed via email I won a prize in the National Postcode Lottery the other day.

£20 but a win is a win even if a minor one

Old 01-05-23, 12:51 PM   #3908
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Informed via email I won a prize in the National Postcode Lottery the other day.

£20 but a win is a win even if a minor one
I'll send £1.81 more so U can at least get a bottle of Pusser's Nelson's Blood! I've faithfully played the CA SuperLotto since 1980 w/o a miss...and have zilch to show for it.. My new Google Pixel 6a phone at least allows me to scan the ticket and enter the "SecondChance $15,000" portion of the contest: "...what a fascinating modern age I live in!??"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-05-23 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-05-23, 12:58 PM   #3909
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Your on

Old 01-07-23, 11:48 AM   #3910
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
expected loss of life
Awaiting 3 more inbound 'bomb cyclones' after a short lull with an actual sun shine!. Only 3 dead so far, one Fairfield 19 year-old lass in a hydroplane auto collision; a Galt mom who went to help her son get his motorcycle out of mud and was found drowned in a ditch where the levees have crumbled; and an Occidental infant, when a giant redwood tree toppled on his mobile home. I'm waiting for a lull to remove the outside Christmas lights...Twelth Night having passed.

Old 01-07-23, 01:38 PM   #3911
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Aktungbby wrote:
I'm waiting for a lull to remove the outside Christmas lights...Twelth Night having passed.

Why not let it be there and save energy in taking it down and then put it up again.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 04:43 PM   #3912
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

I once left them up until May, which infuriated my wife whose nickname since childhood is "Christmas Baby"!? It is considerably more energy (and sanity)saving to take them down ASAP...especially as I enjoy eating...on time

Old 01-07-23, 09:39 PM   #3913
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
I once left them up until May, which infuriated my wife whose nickname since childhood is "Christmas Baby"!? It is considerably more energy (and sanity)saving to take them down ASAP...especially as I enjoy eating...on time
My lady had me help her put up " Christmas Blowup's" on the lawn. They are those cute holiday season figurines with air compressors. We had a pretty good snow and I dutifully went out to do the snow-blowing on the drive. Unfortunately, she had the electrical cords out on the drive and I ran them over with the snow-blower.

This destroyed some of the cords and broke the shear key for the snowblower engine. We also had freezing rain which froze other extension cords in the ice. We had to wait for the spring flaw to get them out.

My lady has called me the true master of disaster since that episode.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 12:18 PM   #3914
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

cool thanks 4 the straight line Gracie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
My lady has called me the true master of disaster since that episode.
Oh come now; She was already calling you that in the boudoire long before ya 'shady bugger!

Old 01-12-23, 12:47 PM   #3915
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Icon9 In the big picture: these storms R A 'drop in the bucket'

Six atmospheric rivers later with 3 more due; the death toll stands at 17 and half of California's counties are declared disaster areas. Prince Harry, the Spare, has had to evacuate his mansion in Montecito. Precipitation is 138% above normal. Some but not most of the states reservoirs have begun to fill -essential for the central California Valley's agriculture. The system, built for a climate that no longer exists, (it's been a 2 decade drought) will get us through this year. The effect on ground water levels which are also critical, is unclear, as is the effect the massive Sierra snowpack will have in the Spring melt-off. Bottom line: with aquifers being depleted, and wells dry from massive agriculture, even these storms aren't enough to quell the long-term drought. But we'll take all we can get...world-famous Napa grapes need water BBY!