SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-14-18, 09:17 PM   #1
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276
Uploads: 0
Default Clearing the water in SH5

I tried using editing the file mentioned by THEBERBSTER and there isn't really any change. The water is still pretty cloudy and I'd like to clear it up more. I was just wondering what lines need to be edited to make that happen. I know it isn't realistic but I want to look at the Uboat as she creeps along in the ocean. I especially like it when she is close in to shore. That was one thing I loved with SH4, that water was clear enough I could watch her. The render distance was far enough that when submerged and trying to avoid the DD's I couldn't see where they had dropped until the cans were raining down around me.
Zinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-18, 06:42 AM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

HI Z
Revised Post should now see a difference.
Post #170 Clearer Water Visibility Options > Download Link > Enable JSGME
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 05:46 PM   #3
Herr Kaleun Suhren
Watch

Downloads: 192

Hello.

Is it compatible with TWoS using DynEnv 2.9 7 y 3b in the last order of mods in JSGME or I will get CTD....
In that case which one I put first 7 or 3b?

Thanks
Herr Kaleun Suhren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 08:50 PM   #4
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Herr Kaluen, TWoS already includes its own modified version of DynEnv, so I wouldn't really recommend anything like that besides the plant and coral stuff. Fitzcarroldo has a stable modlist that has some DynEnv mods on it that work with TWoS, I just need to find the post where he listed it.

So, my recommendation for now is to not put mods like that in it for the moment, unless someone else or mutiple people say it would be ok.

EDIT:
Yes, here it is:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=601

Try doing that.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 12:34 AM   #5
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

When I use the freecam under water it generally is pretty clear.

OLtzS Ashikaga
Old 10-01-20, 06:37 AM   #6
Herr Kaleun Suhren
Watch

Hi. Thanks to all.
Finally I only change with the stock parameters indicated by THEBERBSTER whitout any mod and all is good.

Another question is that I cannot see the icon sub in Map Nav when I take max. zoom. I can see the rest of ships but not my sub.
In options I only tick on in limited batteries, limited compressed air and limited O2. The rest of parameters is off. I use TWoS with only one mod additional (Brighter nights). I not installed Real Navigation at the moment. I would like to know why. Thanks again.

Old 10-30-20, 12:39 PM   #7
Herr Kaleun Suhren
Watch

Hi again. All is fine. I' m playing with TWos.

Finally I can see my sub on Nav map again.
This is beacuse during the game I type windows key to work with another applications for a moment. When I come back the game, situations such as the following occur:
The symbol of my sub in nav map is out
The crew on conning tower is out when I order surface the uboot

Sometimes near of observation periscope the image is freeze when I use the observation periscope and stop using it.

The solution is not use Tab or windows key during the game.

Regards
Old 10-31-20, 02:46 AM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Kaleun Suhren View Post

The solution is not use Tab or windows key during the game.

Regards
As it been staded in TWoS documentation...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 01:18 PM   #9
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

For extra-clear underwater and water surface, enable the following mods, making sure that you are following the same order:

DynEnv v2.9 - 3.b Enhanced Visibility (high)
DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater Impurity Patch
DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater FX Patch

DynEnv v2.9 - 7. Clear Water Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
TWoS already includes its own modified version of DynEnv, so I wouldn't really recommend anything like that besides the plant and coral stuff.
I have not the latest TWoS version close by hand, but the DynEnv submods I have listed above only contain graphic files and settings, so it shouldn't break /unbalance Vecko's supermod in any major way
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 03:19 PM   #10
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97

Remind me please, does Seabed mod (which contain Coral reefs, etc.) included in TWOS Dyn.Environment or not?
Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 03:28 PM   #11
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon777 View Post
Remind me please, does Seabed mod (which contain Coral reefs, etc.) included in TWOS Dyn.Environment or not?
You are probably asking about the 'Sea Plants' submods. I have no idea whether they were included in TWoS but you can enable any of them (just one) at any moment, in TWoS as in stock game
Old 11-05-20, 03:45 AM   #12
Demon777
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
You are probably asking about the 'Sea Plants' submods. I have no idea whether they were included in TWoS but you can enable any of them (just one) at any moment, in TWoS as in stock game

yes, but how?

I have TWOS installed, and your Eco-mod v.0.2.1 on top of it. Should I download smth additional ?
Old 11-05-20, 06:42 AM   #13
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
yes, but how?

I have TWOS installed, and your Eco-mod v.0.2.1 on top of it. Should I download smth additional ?
Yes indeed, the mods that you are looking for are part of the Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.9 package, available at the following link:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=3975

They are numbered sequentially from 11.a.I to 11.c.III; lowercase letters indicate the type of "plants": a for kelp forests, b for Posidonia meadows, c for coral reefs; roman numbers indicate texture resolution: I for 512x512 pixels, II for 256x256 and III for 128x128.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to implement different ecosystems in different areas of the SH5 world, so you can only use one version of the mod at any time (enabling more than one version will overwrite the same files). Nonetheless, you can switch version at any time. To help you decide which one you should better use depending on your patrol area, I am posting here three maps displaying the global distributions of the featured marine ecosystems:

Kelp forests

Posidonia meadows

Coral reefs
Old 11-05-20, 08:56 AM   #14
Demon777
Medic

gap,

thanks for such a detailed reply!!
Am I correct than main Dyn.Env mod is already included in TWOS, and I just need to choose one of the additional sub-mods to install over?

And what is the correct sequence in JSGME with regard to your Eco mod? For example, I want Sea Plants - Atlantic Kelp Forests to be installed over TWOS. Should I activate it as the last one, or prior to your Eco mod?
Old 11-05-20, 09:31 AM   #15
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
thanks for such a detailed reply!!
My pleasure mate

Quote:
Am I correct than main Dyn.Env mod is already included in TWOS, and I just need to choose one of the additional sub-mods to install over?
Both your assertions above are correct.

Quote:
And what is the correct sequence in JSGME with regard to your Eco mod? For example, I want Sea Plants - Atlantic Kelp Forests to be installed over TWOS. Should I activate it as the last one, or prior to your Eco mod?
The Dynamic Environments Sea Plant modlets only change a couple of textures. They are compatible with any version of the game, with or without TWoS. Usage of the main DynEnv mod is not even required for them to work. Moreover they have no file in common (nor they interact in any other way) with the EcoMod or with any other popular mod that I am aware of, so you are safe to enable/disable them at any moment and in no special order