SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-08-20, 09:02 PM   #1
all_my_loving
Watch

Downloads: 144
Uploads: 0
Default Why Yamato battleship cannot be set speed?

The battleship cannot be set speed under mission editor, and it also stop in SH5, but I attacked it with torpedoes, When the torpedoes approached the target, The battleship ran away immediately.
all_my_loving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 04:48 AM   #2
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_my_loving View Post
The battleship cannot be set speed under mission editor, and it also stop in SH5, but I attacked it with torpedoes, When the torpedoes approached the target, The battleship ran away immediately.
A lot of japanese ships are like that, it must have something to do with the way they were imported. I'd suggest to check yamato and one of normally behaving imported ships (like Bourrasque) for differences in S3D.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 05:19 AM   #3
all_my_loving
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
A lot of japanese ships are like that, it must have something to do with the way they were imported. I'd suggest to check yamato and one of normally behaving imported ships (like Bourrasque) for differences in S3D.
yes, it's a good idea for me. now, I use notepad to edit the NBB_Yamato.cfg which is located at file directory as ..Silent Hunter 5/data/Sea/NBB_Yamato
, I modified MaxSpeed 0 to 27 then save file, so I return the mission that Yamato can move.
Old 09-11-20, 12:07 PM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
yes, it's a good idea for me. now, I use notepad to edit the NBB_Yamato.cfg which is located at file directory as ..Silent Hunter 5/data/Sea/NBB_Yamato
, I modified MaxSpeed 0 to 27 then save file, so I return the mission that Yamato can move.
If you do that you'll get CTDs in the musem and in the campaign as well. Units with 0 speed in cfg files should be used only as static units.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 02:26 PM   #5
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
If you do that you'll get CTDs in the musem and in the campaign as well. Units with 0 speed in cfg files should be used only as static units.
Any idea why are they causing CTDs? By the way, the "motionless" ships include German Raumboot, does this mean it is not operational in campaign?
Old 09-12-20, 08:17 AM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Any idea why are they causing CTDs? By the way, the "motionless" ships include German Raumboot, does this mean it is not operational in campaign?
It does, but i kept the unit in the game for some harbor scenery... This can happen sometimes with SH3 imported units.No idea why though...
Old 09-12-20, 07:41 PM   #7
all_my_loving
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I tried to set a reliable value of MaxSpeed to 9, the Yamato works well in the museum. If I set it to ≥ 10, the game crashes to desktop immediately.
Old 09-13-20, 04:18 AM   #8
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I tried to set a reliable value of MaxSpeed to 9, the Yamato works well in the museum. If I set it to ≥ 10, the game crashes to desktop immediately.
@vdr1981: I ran this (with MaxSpeed=9) through your rendering test mission. I went through entire roster from left to right without CTD, but unfortunately Yamato still crashes the game if I try to display it again after all other units have already been displayed in museum.

Edit: honestly if this was just the Yamato I wouldn't be concerned, (probability of meeting it in campaign at sea and not in port would be minimal anyway) but I'd really like that option to call nearby Raumboot/E-boot squadron when I'm crippled by Coastal Command in Bay of Biscay so I'll look into it.

Last edited by kapuhy; 09-13-20 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-18-20, 04:19 AM   #9
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

It seems that 9 knots trick holds quite well but I'll have to test this further more... This is really good find all_my_loving.

EDIT: I'm afraid I'll have to take that back. It seems that 9knots will lower the CTD rate, but it's still there after several rendering in the museum. Still, good find though...

Last edited by vdr1981; 09-18-20 at 04:32 AM.