SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-13, 10:28 AM   #1
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBANGtheory View Post
Ubisoft: 'We want to improve our relationship with PC gamers'
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ubiso...gamers/0111333

Maybe someone should point Stephanie.Perotti@Ubisoft.com in this direction to test if they are serious or just making throw away comments.
I vote for, "throwaway comment". Ubisoft's actions indicate that it will maintain its current course of action, much to the consternation of all PC games, not just us. I feel as if they have just written all of us off.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 01:30 PM   #2
BigBANGtheory
Officer

Downloads: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinrich Schwab View Post
I vote for, "throwaway comment". Ubisoft's actions indicate that it will maintain its current course of action, much to the consternation of all PC games, not just us. I feel as if they have just written all of us off.
Personally I bet Ubisoft made good money from Far Cry 3 (PC version) above their expectations and someone is trying a weak effort as part of thier career promotion prospects to close a quick gap, tick in the box, sell it internally as a win etc etc.

...but I'll gladly eat my own words if genuine progress is made, show me the olive branch and I'll listen.
BigBANGtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 05:24 PM   #3
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32

Considering how Ubisoft treated players in the past I wouldn't trust anything they have to say now. Wanting to repair their 'relationship' with gamers is nothing more than a desperate attempt to repair their salable image.

They have proven time and again they really don't care about the gamers they profess to respect. So they can cram it as far as I am concerned.

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 12:02 AM   #4
tsotha
Watch

Downloads: 19
Default Ubisoft

Quote:
Ubisoft: 'We want to improve our relationship with PC gamers'
The big news on the business side in the last few quarters is console game sales have cratered. Nobody really knows why, though a lot of people are speculating it's because the current generation is so long in the tooth. But Valve is making money hand-over-fist on the PC with Steam, so it's not surprising Ubi wants to set up a competing service.

Reading the article I get the impression they think removing the always-on DRM restriction was a huge concession on their part (remember, this is the company that said 95% of installations were pirated). I didn't see anything that would make me think they were interested in putting more effort into improving game quality at release time.

And for me that's pretty important. Sure, if the game is selling well they'll put out a few patch releases. But if it isn't, those bugs are never going to get fixed and I'm left feeling swindled.
tsotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 05:27 PM   #5
Lasstmichdurch
Watch

Downloads: 56

Very interesting about WWII <-> Modern era thing...
I´m interested in numbers what the community would like to have...we should make a poll about it...

The situation for modern era is even more frustrating since DW will not run under Win 8...
Lasstmichdurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 11:28 PM   #6
gorilliamos
Sailor man

Downloads: 54
Default Arma 3

Anybody try this one out yet? Arma 3 is still in Alpha but you can buy it off steam. What do they support now? SUBS and underwater environment. This has always been one of the most moddable games.

gorilliamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 06:44 AM   #7
Lasstmichdurch
Watch

Downloads: 56

I´m wondering what´s about Danger from deep...is it dead?
Lasstmichdurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 08:16 PM   #8
tommo8993
Helmsman

Downloads: 17

I think a 1960's cold war gone hot would be perfect. The best of both worlds.
tommo8993 is offline   Reply With Quote