SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-21, 10:15 AM   #76
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

I think you misunderstand (maybe its the language barrier and you translating these subsim texts that are confusing you) no one is talking about removing interiors in the Toyo mod, I just mentioned it would be nice if Toyo had two versions of his mod, one with interiors and one without. I just started late career in 1943, and 1945 with IXC and IXC/40 in Onealex and works like a charm, (I NEVER have issues running MFM 3.3 lite with Onealex) only the Toyo mod seems to not want to work with MFM fully. I even added more ships to Onealex MFM 3.3 today in my own install and still works every year of the war with no issues, so its not a campaign thing but most definitely the WAC interiors. I'm just requesting a version of Toyo's mod without them as optional for people who don't care for the interiors and also as a MFM 3.3 lite testing experiment for me, options/choices are always good.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-24-21 at 11:10 AM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 03:48 PM   #77
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15 Re: Final report... IX-C testing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
yeah no rush, enjoy the holidays first
Ok, tried with a couple other flot.'s & well... suffice it to say, for whatever reasons it is... the mod just isn't working when it came to the MFM add in.

That said, for the time being, will be rolling it back to a mix, that does not include it... for now.

It is sincerely hoped that you shall take the time, to investigate the root cause/s of the snafu where it pertains to it not working or liking to work with the IX's... No offence as My saying snafu, as that is not directed as being your fault. Knowing the temperamentality of mods... it doesn't take much for issues & errors to occur... despite the best of intentions... I know.

In conclusion, & to continue... It is hoped that (you do take the time to investigate, for 1 & following that up...) that you will find a means to work out a solution to it, so as to make it where the mod, can be used... no matter which U-boat you chose & what year stamp for to begin a career, from as well.

Warmest regards...

M. M.
Old 01-05-22, 07:20 AM   #78
kyle9154
Commander

By the way Doolar, that TMT2 removal idea out of toyotagt86 compilation mod did the trick!!!! He found that it was that feature in his mod causing the merchant fleet mod to not work or be unstable in his compilation. He's going to re-release another new version but with TMT2 removed (lot of work to do) and also have WAC interiors in jsgme as optional mod instead so its not forced on everyone and people have a choice to use it or not. MFM should be able to work no problem with Toyotagt86 mod once that is done.

Toyotagt -

Yes. you are right, I combine the TMT EFS Mod , so , it seems the problem does not caused by the full interior
[9:51 PM]
but it is a big job to remove the TMT EFS Mod , this mod is enabled at the beginning... still need some time to return the original files back and test
[9:53 PM]
also I am using the Diving Duck Open Hatch Mod to replace the full interior , the full interior can be enabled as an Optional Mod
[9:54 PM]
I am now testing the Negative buoyancy Mod which modified by myself

641340944 — Yesterday at 10:06 PM
I need find what was covered by the TMT EFS and what the TMTV2 EFS covers ,to figure out how to remove the TMT V2 EFS meanwhile keep the game playing experience , it still need time,anyway thank you for testing and telling me such an important information!
[10:06 PM]
thank you very much

Old 01-07-22, 06:27 PM   #79
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

Great news on the MFM for Tototagt86 front. Can't wait for the new verson. That issue sounded all to familiar to me. TNT2 EFS removal fixed it and then I was good to go.
Old 01-07-22, 07:27 PM   #80
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Kyle, I haven't followed all the thread but if it helps I seem to recall the TMT 2 mod included the M36 ship. That ship has always been problematic as it's usually representing a cam ship.
The problem was always it's unit type being incorrect. It must be 8 to work correctly (otherwise ctd) and the .cfg file in the roster must be also be set to 8.
Anyway, maybe this will help.

edit: Just looked at the mod and it has the M36 unit type=100. Needs to be 8.
Old 01-07-22, 09:26 PM   #81
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Kyle, I haven't followed all the thread but if it helps I seem to recall the TMT 2 mod included the M36 ship. That ship has always been problematic as it's usually representing a cam ship.
The problem was always it's unit type being incorrect. It must be 8 to work correctly (otherwise ctd) and the .cfg file in the roster must be also be set to 8.
Anyway, maybe this will help.

edit: Just looked at the mod and it has the M36 unit type=100. Needs to be 8.
Okay thanks, i'll give that a try because if I can get it to work without Toyo having to remove TMT from his mod then no need for an optional version.

Old 01-07-22, 09:39 PM   #82
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Okay thanks, i'll give that a try because if I can get it to work without Toyo having to remove TMT from his mod then no need for an optional version.

I would bet that is the problem. Usually a ctd will occur any time it's encountered in the game. The game is looking for a merchant ship because of the incorrect unit type but it's actually a warship.
Easy solution: just eliminate the M36 from the mod and use the rest of it.
Better solution: Make sure it is listed as unit type=8.
Both solutions require looking/making corrections in:
- M36 sea file
- any roster file it is in. Usually only British, as they are the only ones who used cam ships.
- both the .rnd and .scr campaign files. Usually only found in the .rnd file but best to check both.
See Stiebler's patch documentation for details.
Old 01-19-22, 04:34 PM   #83
kyle9154
Commander

New version of Toyo compilation mod coming soon at which point i'll upload the MFM toyotagt version. His new version will have full interiors as optional loaded through jsgme, this way we can have all the SH5, WoW and MFM ships to work now as it was the WAC full interiors that was causing them to not work. So if people want to use full interiors with toyo compilation then they'll have to make sure SH5 ships, WoW ships and merchant fleet mod are not loaded in jsgme.

Old 02-15-22, 05:23 AM   #84
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367

Quote:
New version of Toyo compilation mod coming soon at which point i'll upload the MFM toyotagt version. His new version will have full interiors as optional loaded through jsgme, this way we can have all the SH5, WoW and MFM ships to work now as it was the WAC full interiors that was causing them to not work. So if people want to use full interiors with toyo compilation then they'll have to make sure SH5 ships, WoW ships and merchant fleet mod are not loaded in jsgme.

Hi
It's still in shipyard or i've missed it?
Thanks
nik112 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-22, 05:45 PM   #85
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik112 View Post
Hi
It's still in shipyard or i've missed it?
Thanks
Well until Toyo releases his new version then I can't release the new MFM version for his mod so its on Toyo to upload his updated compilation mod first then I can make a MFM based on that as he's adding more ships (SH4, SH5 and WoW ships) to his new version and I need to do testing on his new version when uploaded. Plus I got new job now so my time is much more limited then before when I released the MFM compilation versions.

Tags
extra ships, merchant fleet mod, merchants, onealex mod, toyotagt86 mod