SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-21, 08:32 PM   #61
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

Very weird, I just did a complete fresh reinstall of Toyotagt86 enhanced 2.1 ARB after removing it. I then installed MFM 3.3 Lite Toyotagt86 edition activated in jsgme and tried again to start with 10th flotilla IXC Feb 42' and still I get a ctd at the end of red loading bar before the message 'some time later' comes up. This is a fresh install of mod and MFM 3.3 Lite so I don't get how its not working for me anymore in later campaigns but is working for everyone else lol. Anyways thank god my Onealex edition has no issues as that's my main mod that I play but its a shame that all of a sudden I can only get early war careers to start in Toyotagt using MFM 3.3 Lite.

Did you download the MFM 3.3 Lite toyotagt86 edition today or are you running an earlier download from a previous day? I might have frigged something up editing it last night maybe, but all I did was delete a .cfg file from British roster that is already in American roster so that shouldn't cause it. Can you download from MFM 3.3 Lite Toyo edition link again and try to start a Feb 42' career using IXC 10th flotilla? just to try it the same way I did and see if you get same issue as me.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-23-21 at 06:14 AM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 11:16 AM   #62
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

If that is a shared ship between the American & British rosters and a campaign file specifically calls for the British version, that missing .cfg file would cause a problem.
Old 12-23-21, 11:40 AM   #63
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
Very weird, I just did a complete fresh reinstall of Toyotagt86 enhanced 2.1 ARB after removing it. I then installed MFM 3.3 Lite Toyotagt86 edition activated in jsgme and tried again to start with 10th flotilla IXC Feb 42' and still I get a ctd at the end of red loading bar before the message 'some time later' comes up. This is a fresh install of mod and MFM 3.3 Lite so I don't get how its not working for me anymore in later campaigns but is working for everyone else lol. Anyways thank god my Onealex edition has no issues as that's my main mod that I play but its a shame that all of a sudden I can only get early war careers to start in Toyotagt using MFM 3.3 Lite.

Did you download the MFM 3.3 Lite toyotagt86 edition today or are you running an earlier download from a previous day? I might have frigged something up editing it last night maybe, but all I did was delete a .cfg file from British roster that is already in American roster so that shouldn't cause it. Can you download from MFM 3.3 Lite Toyo edition link again and try to start a Feb 42' career using IXC 10th flotilla? just to try it the same way I did and see if you get same issue as me.
Yesterday problems with my sailors no rain clothes .. is another detail not good ..
my career screwed up ... while everything seemed to be working out ..
re-reloading of all reinstall 'file date of 11/19/21' but if there is a problem I do not install any more .. anyway its penalizes the loading times terribly .. is seems to create problems for me that I didn t have before ... it's a shame but I do not sacrifice the interiors for the benefit of this mod .. because it is always the same thing that gets me drunk .. when we are going to have a Uboat simulator with a Kaleun U571 style attack atmosphere I love them First 10 minutes.
after c is anything ... there will never be anything up to these valiant Kaleuns & combatants .. who at the time buried all that is best .. in submarine warfare ... These people we revolutionizing submarine warfare thanks to the fantastic buildings they have built ... then after all, everyone is in a hurry to steal the technology ... I believe that they deserve to be represented with dignity as much as the others ... by having a simulation at the height ... because the technology of graphics engines allows it .. it is the capitalists who prevent this from happening .. who serve us their gameplay soup for "delay trisomy" ... besides we see Battlefields 2142 I had a good laugh .. when I saw that it caught fire ... the actions .. the GUY's .. well it will be "zobbi" this time better weather .. a cult game turned **** ... thank you console..
good see you Kyle I keep informed ... Regards KM_U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 12-23-21 at 11:49 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 02:07 PM   #64
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:

If with "B" edit... you mean, was I using the last or latest version of your MFM add in... that, would be a definitive... Yes. I am indeed, using that version in the mix.

I can see of resetting up a 02/42 career with 10th being the flotilla of choice & see what goes down with that... if you think it'd be needed to be done, as a cross check. Am thinking that with having the latest version, that'd not matter... BUT... never hurts to double check.

Awww... what the heck, will report back on running 10th flot., w/ a IXC 02/42 career start... be back with that report a.s.a.p.

M. M.
Old 12-23-21, 02:44 PM   #65
kyle9154
Commander

I narrowed it down to certain models causing the ctd for me like T17A, M26B, M20B and a few others and as soon as i removed them I was able to start all careers during 1942 with IXC but what is weird is all the models work for others. Anyways I've left the link up there for you guys who use Toyotagt's mod but I've since removed my Toyotagt install and going to just play Onealex as I have no issues with that compilation using MFM alongside.

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-23-21 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-23-21, 03:15 PM   #66
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: 10th flot., IX-C 02/42 test run... end results report...

Quote:
I narrowed it down to certain models causing the ctd for me like T17A, M26B, M20B and a few others and as soon as i removed them I was able to start all careers during 1942 with IXC but what is weird is all the models work for others. Anyways I've left the link up there for you guys who use Toyotagt's mod but I've since removed my Toyotagt install and going to just play Onealex as I have no issues with that compilation using MFM alongside.
Ok, with starting up that career, with a IX-C, in Feb, of '42... can report that... I had a CTD, that occurred after I got loaded into the U-boat. When I tried to go to the nav map, to plot out a course to hit the open waters... well... tis when things went south &... CTD'ville, here I come.

So... guess it was a good thing to run that test, as well...

Else would have missed that...

End report...

M. M.
Old 12-23-21, 03:25 PM   #67
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: Query... IX-C related...

Quote:
Ok, since it is known that the MFM mod, as it stands... works fine... or as fine as is known with the rest of the U-boats... would it be... conceivable... nay... doable, to do a side mod of it, just relegated to, if that U-boat is decided to start off with a career that far into the war scenario... (or be upgraded to a Type IX-C) so that... it runs without those ships that you figure, are the culprits for causing the CTD... thereby, keeping the spirit & intent of the mod, without sacrificing the mod or having to decide... to use it or to NOT use it...

Something to think about...

M. M.
Old 12-23-21, 04:51 PM   #68
kyle9154
Commander

Well since I was right all along with the type IXC careers, what i'll do is reupload a link with the models causing issues removed. I'm not going to make multiple versions of Toyotagt MFM 3.3 lite for different stages of the war. So Toyo's just will have slightly less models in it is all compared to Onealex edition. I know T17A, M26B, M20B are causing issues for IXC in toyo for sure so i will remove them, all I have left is to check models M01-M19 to see if any of them have issues and then i'll update Toyo MFM link.

Old 12-23-21, 05:33 PM   #69
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Well since I was right all along with the type IXC careers, what i'll do is reupload a link with the models causing issues removed. I'm not going to make multiple versions of Toyotagt MFM 3.3 lite for different stages of the war. So, Toyo's just will have slightly less models in it is all compared to Onealex edition. I know T17A, M26B, M20B are causing issues for IXC in Toyo's for sure so I will remove them, all I have left is to check models M01-M19 to see if any of them have issues and then I'll update Toyo MFM link.
Ok, fine... then cull the problem children from the mod that cause issues with the IX-C, then... may I suggest... investigating with those ships, just what it is, in them, that is causing the issues & what's needed to, to correct it.... so that they can then... be readded to the mod... at a later time.

In the meantime, I'll simply pull it out of the mix, until you drop a zip file with them culled from the mod set for now.

My... earlier on suggestion, was put forth, as a possible... solution. NOT that it had to be done... just a... possible work around.

M. M.
Old 12-23-21, 07:37 PM   #70
kyle9154
Commander

I've tried all sorts of things but the fact of the matter is the MFM is highly unstable with mid-late war careers in the Toyotagt compilation or they don't load at all. I suspect it has to do with overload caused by the WAC sub interiors and all the extra stuff in campaign with GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6 merged with WB's .mis file for VonDos' addon ships on top of increased number of enemies to load memory wise in mid-late war careers.

I've asked Toyo to send me a version of his ARB mod without those 2 mods (WAC full interiors and Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6 merged with WB's .mis file for VonDos' addon ships). I can almost guarantee that it will work without those two mods so its an experiment to come. Mardigan and Kal, when you get a chance try some late campaigns using the MagUI Toyotagt version to rule out possibility that its a UI issue.

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-23-21 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-23-21, 08:57 PM   #71
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
I've tried all sorts of things but the fact of the matter is the MFM is highly unstable with mid-late war careers in the Toyotagt compilation or they don't load at all. I suspect it has to do with overload caused by the WAC sub interiors and all the extra stuff in campaign with GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6 merged with WB's .mis file for VonDos' addon ships on top of increased number of enemies to load memory wise in mid-late war careers.

I've asked Toyo to send me a version of his ARB mod without those 2 mods (WAC full interiors and Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6 merged with WB's .mis file for VonDos' addon ships). I can almost guarantee that it will work without those two mods so its an experiment to come. Mardigan and Kal, when you get a chance try some late campaigns using the MagUI Toyotagt version to rule out possibility that its a UI issue.
I'll see of taking some time, to run a series of tests, using IX-B, IX-C, 42-43-44-45 out of each flotilla, in the list... see what occurs with each... just to see...

Will be some time, for running said tests, so don't expect a lightning-fast reply on posting the end results... but, I shall do so, when I am done.

M. M.
Old 12-23-21, 08:59 PM   #72
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
I'll see of taking some time, to run a series of tests, using IX-B, IX-C, 42-43-44-45 out of each flotilla, in the list... see what occurs with each... just to see...

Will be some time, for running said tests, so don't expect a lightning-fast reply on posting the end results... but, I shall do so, when I am done.

M. M.
yeah no rush, enjoy the holidays first

Old 12-24-21, 06:19 AM   #73
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default MFM

I am opposed to this mod if it is to remove the interiors .. I don't care if I have more boats ... the mods create lots of errors .. as I said manual not up to date correctly .. it overloads Lorient .. is that c is not new .. is I suspected it Hansolo had the same problem ...
the Toyotagt86 mods are fine without these boats ... super stable with the interiors .. if the interiors are removed I do not continue the tests .. I have made requests to Toyotagt86 which does not pose any problem to the stability of the game and not add stacking to create boredom for some boats that are not necessary .. I'm tired of taking it out on the interiors ... instead of adding more boats, it is the gameplay that we need to expand and not add polygons ... that the engine does not digest ...
Old 12-24-21, 06:52 AM   #74
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I am opposed to this mod if it is to remove the interiors .. I don't care if I have more boats ... the mods create lots of errors .. as I said manual not up to date correctly .. it overloads Lorient .. is that c is not new .. is I suspected it Hansolo had the same problem ...
the Toyotagt86 mods are fine without these boats ... super stable with the interiors .. if the interiors are removed I do not continue the tests .. I have made requests to Toyotagt86 which does not pose any problem to the stability of the game and not add stacking to create boredom for some boats that are not necessary .. I'm tired of taking it out on the interiors ... instead of adding more boats, it is the gameplay that we need to expand and not add polygons ... that the engine does not digest ...
Well you do whatever you want Kal, but this MFM 3.3 Lite works perfect with the Onealex compilation and I don't care so much for interiors as its just eye candy to me for the 1st patrol or two (its not like the interiors can function as controls or the static AI inside can do anything) serves no purpose other then looks so you do you and play with Toyo mod without MFM and i'll play Onealex with MFM 3.3 lite, there everybody is happy now.
I'm going to remove the Toyotagt86 MFM 3.3 Lite link until Toyo gets back to me on weather he can have a 2nd optional version of his mod without interiors while still providing his full interior version.
Anyways have a merry christmas and happy new year and fingers crossed SH3 & 4 is still supported later on in the new year with windows 11 release (things are not looking good) so may have to eventually go to SH5 but time will tell.

Old 12-24-21, 09:32 AM   #75
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Well you do whatever you want Kal, but this MFM 3.3 Lite works perfect with the Onealex compilation and I don't care so much for interiors as its just eye candy to me for the 1st patrol or two (its not like the interiors can function as controls or the static AI inside can do anything) serves no purpose other then looks so you do you and play with Toyo mod without MFM and i'll play Onealex with MFM 3.3 lite, there everybody is happy now.
I'm going to remove the Toyotagt86 MFM 3.3 Lite link until Toyo gets back to me on weather he can have a 2nd optional version of his mod without interiors while still providing his full interior version.
Anyways have a merry christmas and happy new year and fingers crossed SH3 & 4 is still supported later on in the new year with windows 11 release (things are not looking good) so may have to eventually go to SH5 but time will tell.
Frankly I knew that we would come to touch these interiors ....
with your mod ... as I said you will encounter problems I am sure because I have tried several times at different times each time there are problems .. different they are formed ..
I reinstalled without your mod is all to return to order ...
now as you say i am waiting for Toyotagt86 to perfect the weather with "Stiebler" is all that goes with it as it flesh out the gameplay ...
like negative buoyancy ... the superb card of Arthem .. is repaired the Coat of arms (more gameplay !!!) and not unnecessary polygons with an incomplete manual ... moreover to add boats depends on lots of parameters campaign building do you all control ...? I think not ... because the manual is incomplete .. and errors this form during the campaign ...
Now the KsD team has proven that it is possible to make the interiors functional in Sh4 so I guess sh3 too ...
As for the OneAlex mod I removed it too ... besides Alex does not approve of this mod and said that he did not need these boats ... I have been following him for some time now .. I I understand that he does not like that we add or tinker with his work and I think he is right since so far his mod is one of the best for me here ... there is no need to add anything himself .. he does it very well himself in view of what I saw not long ago .. and regular updates are made here thanks to the community which plays at all times and that with really very little problem ..
Now I hope that Toyotagt86 does not remove the interiors which makes all the difference with the others I do not extend any more on the subject ... it saddens me that an additional ship mod not essential we sacrifice what makes the difference

Tags
extra ships, merchant fleet mod, merchants, onealex mod, toyotagt86 mod