SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-21, 02:20 PM   #46
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
I haven't got the MFM going with my Toyota install but when I get a chance I'll give it a try. Haven't spent much time yet with the Toyota install for that matter.
Thanks I appreciate it, I know my install is fine because it works for early 1939 and 1940 campaigns so its definitely something in the MFM mod conflicting later on in the war. Also when I remove M21B model I can now get 1941 campaigns to work but not 1942 so try to explain that one to me lol? its hard to get an old mod made from someone else (iambecomelife) work with newer all-in-one compilations. I know I would have no issues running this with a regular GWX 3.0 gold install as I used it a few years ago with Grey wolves install so it must be another mod used in Toyotagt86 conflicting with MFM.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 02:29 PM   #47
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
Thanks I appreciate it, I know my install is fine because it works for early 1939 and 1940 campaigns so its definitely something in the MFM mod conflicting later on in the war. Also when I remove M21B model I can now get 1941 campaigns to work but not 1942 so try to explain that one to me lol? its hard to get an old mod made from someone else (iambecomelife) work with newer all-in-one compilations. I know I would have no issues running this with a regular GWX 3.0 gold install as I used it a few years ago with Grey wolves install so it must be another mod used in Toyotagt86 conflicting with MFM.

Sounds good. Very good of you to try to adapt mfm to these mods. For that matter, it could be completely unrelated to the mfm; some other unit, etc.
Have family here this week so it may be a bit.
Old 12-22-21, 02:54 PM   #48
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815

I started 1942 from the Orient 10 eme flott Type IX I played a little 1: 2 hour without problem no 'Ctd' ... Mgui version
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 03:09 PM   #49
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: '42 career start... (Toyo GWX3 enhanced 86 version)

Chose to go with a Type IX-B, U-103, skippered by Werner Winter, from 01/42, on until they were changed out to another Kaleun...

Started off with being based out of Lorient... though, did note a weird peculiarity (after selecting the kaleun, on setting up to start in the right year, & base... when I selected 2nd Flotilla... on the map, it was listed as being the base @ Brest... when I selected the 1st Flotilla (listed right after 2nd Flot. strangely, it seems that is listed as supposably as being based there @ Lorient. If memory serves Me right... 1st was at that time, based out of Brest, while 2nd, was in fact, based out of Lorient, until 2nd was disbanded & absorbed into another flotilla, based out of... Norway?, I believe it was... (13th Flotilla?) would have to pull up flotilla info & recheck that for certainty... this is just off the top of My head & I may... I admit, be a bit off on the exact details... )

I went with selecting 2nd, even though the base listing was... not correct....

When I got to the office... on choosing to start off the patrol... that page, did indeed list the base as being... Lorient.

Dunno, if that... could have any probability of causing a CTD...

All I can say is, after I got loaded up, into the U-boat... shortly after that...

I experienced a CTD.

M. M.
Old 12-22-21, 03:31 PM   #50
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I started 1942 from the Orient 10 eme flott Type IX I played a little 1: 2 hour without problem no 'Ctd' ... Mgui version
Hmm, okay can you try with the ARB version next and see if 1941-43 campaigns work with that version with the MFM mod because i'm having ctd at the end of red loading bar before patrol starts.

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-22-21 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-22-21, 03:36 PM   #51
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Chose to go with a Type IX-B, U-103, skippered by Werner Winter, from 01/42, on until they were changed out to another Kaleun...

Started off with being based out of Lorient... though, did note a weird peculiarity (after selecting the kaleun, on setting up to start in the right year, & base... when I selected 2nd Flotilla... on the map, it was listed as being the base @ Brest... when I selected the 1st Flotilla (listed right after 2nd Flot. strangely, it seems that is listed as supposably as being based there @ Lorient. If memory serves Me right... 1st was at that time, based out of Brest, while 2nd, was in fact, based out of Lorient, until 2nd was disbanded & absorbed into another flotilla, based out of... Norway?, I believe it was... (13th Flotilla?) would have to pull up flotilla info & recheck that for certainty... this is just off the top of My head & I may... I admit, be a bit off on the exact details... )

I went with selecting 2nd, even though the base listing was... not correct....

When I got to the office... on choosing to start off the patrol... that page, did indeed list the base as being... Lorient.

Dunno, if that... could have any probability of causing a CTD...

All I can say is, after I got loaded up, into the U-boat... shortly after that...

I experienced a CTD.

M. M.
I have no issues with flotillas being out of place but I could check again.
- Also were you using the ARB version of toyotagt86 mod?
- you say that the career patrol did start up after red loading bar finished but you crashed shortly after leaving base?

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-22-21 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-22-21, 04:00 PM   #52
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default Test

I started in Norway types 7c January 1st. 1943 11eme flott impeccable from the bunker but 12 minutes before launching (long) still mgui now I try ArB
Old 12-22-21, 04:15 PM   #53
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
I have no issues with flotillas being out of place but I could check again.
- Also were you using the ARB version of toyotagt86 mod?
- you say that the career patrol did start up after red loading bar finished but you crashed shortly after leaving base?
Loaded on to the U-boat, just fine. It was when I went to view the nav map that things went... south & CTD'ed.

On a side note, is 1 thing that I added into the mix... with regards to Lorient. That mod, that I looked at modifying to work in, is the only thing that I can think of... that could possibly be, a possibility for My CTD... if I still run into a CTD, would be at a loss as to why that would occur. As all the other tweaks I did, pertain to damage/crew management & that loaded fine... & ran for some time before I moved on to other tweaks (visual tweaks, at that... & followed the same methodical testing before moving on to the last tweak, which was the Lorient positioning... )

Am looking into deleting both careers & then backing that change out (was smart enough to do it up, into a jsgme capable add in, so is not a big thing to back it out & reset back up, redo a career & then check again. It could be that the Lorient mod I worked on, was not 100%... fool proof. It pertains to the base NOT being in the bays anal retentive locality that it is by Ubi's stock set location'ing...

It is in fact, closer to the open waters which is where the base should be positioned. The Lorient mod set that I am using, is the 1... that is supposed to work in conjunction with the Wilhelmshaven v6 mod that Toyo, included in with their GWX3 set v2...

With SH3Cmdr, it is set up to roll back before it loads up SH3. (before that is asked about.... )

After I back that out, will then retest once more.. & report back on what I find after that.

M. M.
Old 12-22-21, 04:55 PM   #54
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Hmm, okay can you try with the ARB version next and see if 1941-43 campaigns work with that version with the MFM mod because i'm having ctd at the end of red loading bar before patrol starts.
Hey Kyle I confirm I chose type IX.. Lorient. 2 float.. 1943 at the start.. of more than 15mn then back to the office ... In Lorient, the angry port ...Mad Martigan is right we need to do more testing and try with a fresh backup
Old 12-22-21, 05:07 PM   #55
kyle9154
Commander

Okay sounds good because if you guys are starting the patrols fine then i'll uninstall and do a fresh install, I just want to be sure its only me with the ctds before patrol startup.

Old 12-22-21, 05:16 PM   #56
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Okay sounds good because if you guys are starting the patrols fine then i'll uninstall and do a fresh install, I just want to be sure its only me with the ctds before patrol startup.
Mad Mardigan is right to talk about positioning with the map I had already seen a thread above that there was a positioning problem on the map .. because it gets bigger with the wire of the war, it may be necessary to see that too. .
Old 12-22-21, 06:51 PM   #57
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: '42 career start test run... part deux...

Quote:
Ok, after pulling back the Lorient repositioning mod I was thinkin' that I had worked out rightly to work with the rest of everything, obviously not... will be going back over it to figure out what went wrong & where... *sighs* not a big, right now... just... a bit troublesome but I shall persevere...)

Back to the meat of the subject... yes.

After culling that from the herd, I got everything back set up &...

Ran test, same U-boat, same Kaleun... 01/42 career start &...

ran like a top, no crash despite having to deal with listening to "ship sighted"/"aircraft sighted" more times than I'd care to... was able to depart & start out on patrol...

With NO issues, NO... CTD... so, in conclusion... was able to start a career without any issues.

*shrugs* No idea why you're running into that issue there, kyle9154... sorry, to hear & sorry that you're running into it... for whatever reason... but, doubt at this stage, that your work of MFM, or the subsequent add on for it, of the rec manual, is the cause of it.

M. M.
Old 12-22-21, 07:22 PM   #58
kyle9154
Commander

I'll do a fresh install of the Toyotagt86 ARB version then because its obviously just on my end, thanks for testing and confirming that there's nothing wrong with the MFM 3.3 Lite. Funny that the guy who released the edited mod (me) is the only one who can't get it to work lol. I must have done something on my end editing files or modding and not paying close enough attention to a certain detail or moved something somewhere I shouldn't have.

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-22-21 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-22-21, 07:45 PM   #59
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

1 thing I... forgot to recheck when I ran that, 2nd test... was on the 1st/2nd flotilla location for '42... will rerun the career... I did a simple run on it of getting out of the port area... then did a dock at call.

T'is will be but a simple matter to rerun SH3Cmdr, select that Kaleun yet again but... this time, to remember to pay particular attention to the flotilla details... Shall report back on My... findings shortly.

M. M.
Old 12-22-21, 08:03 PM   #60
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: '42 career start test run... part deux... re:report...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
1 thing I... forgot to recheck when I ran that, 2nd test... was on the 1st/2nd flotilla location for '42... will rerun the career... I did a simple run on it of getting out of the port area... then did a dock at call.

T'is will be but a simple matter to rerun SH3Cmdr, select that Kaleun yet again but... this time, to remember to pay particular attention to the flotilla details... Shall report back on My... findings shortly.

M. M.
Ok... My initial, thinking of the port bases, NOT being correct... may have been, in error.

can't be 100% certain... so... take it, with a grain of salt on that aspect.

As for the running of it, without the Lorient reposition mod I was working on... it did indeed, run without any errors or CTD's. the 2nd run through, as well as the 1st.

So, everything, to the best of My knowledge... is fine there. At least, on My end of it all.

Now, to get back to the drawing board & figure what, went wrong & where with the Lorient mod that I was working on... as it's clear, there are a few... kinks in the system to knock straight.

I shall figure it out...

M. M.

Tags
extra ships, merchant fleet mod, merchants, onealex mod, toyotagt86 mod