SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-20-21, 03:13 PM   #31
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I would like to salute the expert VonDos for these lovely ships ... is the support to bring thank you

Best regards,
Vd

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 10:01 PM   #32
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

After rummaging through many mods on the sh3 mod archives, I found this awesome recognition manual (unknown author) that gives correct and colour pictures for all GWX and MFM models as well as ships from other mods. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you use this alongside the MFM 3.3 Lite mod. Only reason why I didn't integrate with MFM mod was because it adds 2-3 more minutes to the load time when starting a patrol but I think its well worth it having a 'high definition' recognition manual instead of the bland unfinished ones in original MFM mod.

Here's the link to the mod, just drop in MODS folder and activate after MFM 3.3 Lite in Jsgme. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apf4S8iaE41M4ntZ...c1z3n?e=wEZp3x

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-20-21 at 10:14 PM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 07:17 AM   #33
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Thank you Kyle I'm trying out later ... thank you I'll keep you posted ...
on the other hand when you make mods available it would be good for you to build them ready to use via JSGME because not everyone here knows how to do ... after me I said it like that ...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 07:22 AM   #34
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Thank you Kyle I'm trying out later ... thank you I'll keep you posted ...
on the other hand when you make mods available it would be good for you to build them ready to use via JSGME because not everyone here knows how to do ... after me I said it like that ...
I don't know what you mean, THEY ARE built jsgme ready. Nothing overwrites the original files of either compilation mod and you can unload the MFM mod and recognition manual from jsgme if you don't want to use it in a career. You just can't load it or unload it in the middle of a already started career is all. This is straight forward install procedures for SH3 mods unless their a brand new player to sh3 and mods/jsgme in general.

Old 12-21-21, 09:18 AM   #35
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I don't know what you mean, THEY ARE built jsgme ready. Nothing overwrites the original files of either compilation mod and you can unload the MFM mod and recognition manual from jsgme if you don't want to use it in a career. You just can't load it or unload it in the middle of a already started career is all. This is straight forward install procedures for SH3 mods unless their a brand new player to sh3 and mods/jsgme in general.
Yes sorry Kyle it's me kidding I clicked too quickly sorry for the unnecessary remark
Old 12-21-21, 09:51 AM   #36
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
The recognition manual in Gui 1366x768 does not have the right position .. review the ini which positions the tga it is too low ..
Old 12-21-21, 10:11 AM   #37
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
The recognition manual in Gui 1366x768 does not have the right position .. review the ini which positions the tga it is too low ..
With ARB it works pleasant to watch
but if we could raise it a few centimeters that would avoid having to turn off HuD dial to see the whole and this is valid for "Mgui" also which is already too low ...
Old 12-21-21, 10:19 AM   #38
kyle9154
Commander

I only use ARB UI so i don't care too much if it doesn't work with a different resolution UI. If your able to edit the menu file to make it work with your resolution then have at it but this is geared more for 1080p UI's. The recognition manual is optional too so if you can't get it to look right with 1366x768 resolution then just use the ones that come with the original MFM mod that you had before in black and white. Sorry but i'm not editing anymore other then maybe adding the L02A and L03A to replace the L02B and L03B ships as the coloured rec manual only has the A ones. I'm just waiting on Von Dos to remove the american flags and lettering off the hulls for those models so I can add them in for both American and British nations. thanks for your report though and I updated main page to say optional rec manual is for 1920x1080p Gui's.

P.S. maybe time to get a desktop and get off the laptop there Kal...lol

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-21-21 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-21-21, 12:11 PM   #39
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
I only use ARB UI so i don't care too much if it doesn't work with a different resolution UI. If your able to edit the menu file to make it work with your resolution then have at it but this is geared more for 1080p UI's. The recognition manual is optional too so if you can't get it to look right with 1366x768 resolution then just use the ones that come with the original MFM mod that you had before in black and white. Sorry but i'm not editing anymore other then maybe adding the L02A and L03A to replace the L02B and L03B ships as the coloured rec manual only has the A ones. I'm just waiting on Von Dos to remove the american flags and lettering off the hulls for those models so I can add them in for both American and British nations or I might just add them in as 2 more ships because they have different displacement, length, speed etc then their B counterparts. maybe add them in as Heavy merchant type's 04 and 05, thanks for your report though and I updated main page to say optional rec manual is for 1920x1080p Gui's.

P.S. maybe time to get a desktop and get off the laptop there Kal...lol
Very very good thank you for the details ...
I also prefer this resolution because the other becomes obsolete (except for laptops ..) as I said I test that's all .. I no longer put my hands in the "sludge" except .. a few details. . if I judge that it brings one more .. I am not a modder and do not have enough time to devote for that .. unfortunately in addition you need a lot of knowledge of the game .. as well as the procedural basis of realization in the mods ... I have already watched all this for a while .. but I do not play just a silent Hunter ... (fortunately ..)
Now I think we're near the end ...! with sh3 we've been seeing it here for quite some time considering what's going on on the forum.
Nothing really new has been brought to sh3 this year without the source code ... it's dead or unless someone here knows how to graft some new scripts ... as well as some memory. Is horsepower with the graphics engine .... Only the talented
designer of the time can be could make it a formidable team which mastered the base of the game.
oh yes I want to add that modders should avoid putting the Ubisoft logo as well as DMCA when loading because it does not deserve any sympathy ... since it does not care about the community here .. is not doing anything positive for a very long time. .a start by providing us with drinkable drivers .. is up to date with the new software in question c is the minimum of after-sales service no .. we are paying for the product I do not endorse an attitude of this kind ... stop them support .. (enough capitalism)

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 12-21-21 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-22-21, 01:12 PM   #40
kyle9154
Commander

I NEED EVERYONE TO DO ME A FAVOUR: start a 42' or 43' campaign with the MFM 3.3 Lite Toyotagt86 version and see if it loads up a career just fine because i'm having ctd's when starting careers after 1941. No issues with Onealex mod which is weird so it leaves me to suspect that Toyotagt86's WAC full interiors feature is what is causing the conflict, but I can start careers in '39, '40 and 41'. I just want to know if others are experiencing the same thing with later careers, and if that's the case then I will have to take down the Toyotagt86 version because i'm not going to be wasting peoples times releasing something that doesn't work.

I fixed one ctd already, when starting in June 41 1st flotilla VIIC but removed the M21B model and was all good after that for 1941 careers but still crashes from 42' and on which is even more weird, so i don't know if its a model conflict or full interior conflict or maybe a bit of both. I need modders with more knowledge then my own to give me their thoughts.

Why does one compilation (Onealex) work with all the models for all years of the war but the other compilation doesn't, even though both use ARB wide GUI? like am I missing something here?

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-22-21 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-22-21, 01:22 PM   #41
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

If you haven't already, running SH3 Validator and/or MySH3_Tool will usually find the problem(s) in such a case.
Fwiw. Saves time, beats guessing, etc.
I'd bet something is being introduced into the game at that time, causing the ctd.
Old 12-22-21, 01:30 PM   #42
kyle9154
Commander

well i just checked SH3 Validator and all seems good from the message but doesn't tell me anything other then the path of registry is correct.
I don't have MySH3_Tool in Toyotagt's install

Old 12-22-21, 01:48 PM   #43
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
well i just checked SH3 Validator and all seems good from the message but doesn't tell me anything other then the path of registry is correct.
I don't have MySH3_Tool in Toyotagt's install

Validator lists any errors in the three separate boxes. If none are found, there will be a message stating such. Mysh3_tool is a bit more "robust" in error checking, if you will.
Old 12-22-21, 01:51 PM   #44
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Validator lists any errors in the three separate boxes. If none are found, there will be a message stating such. Mysh3_tool is a bit more "robust" in error checking, if you will.
Do you use the toyotagt86 compilation and the MFM mod with it? can you start a career in 41 or 42 John and try validator with your Toyotagt86 install and see if you get any errors, maybe its just my install.

Old 12-22-21, 02:13 PM   #45
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Do you use the toyotagt86 compilation and the MFM mod with it? can you start a career in 41 or 42 John and try validator with your Toyotagt86 install and see if you get any errors, maybe its just my install.

I haven't got the MFM going with my Toyota install but when I get a chance I'll give it a try. Haven't spent much time yet with the Toyota install for that matter.

Tags
extra ships, merchant fleet mod, merchants, onealex mod, toyotagt86 mod