SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-22, 01:49 PM   #196
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Hi Toyota,
Nice job with your mod
Just 2 little things appearing right away:
- can’t access conning tower (except by moving camera up the ladder)
- when leaving attack scope via numpad 0, the camera view is screw up (floating near conning deck)
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 02:22 PM   #197
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Hi Toyota,
Nice job with your mod
- when leaving attack scope via numpad 0, the camera view is screw up (floating near conning deck)
Ahoy, Fifi...

On the not being able to go into the conning tower... believe that, is part & parcel with the fact of the entire interior view, being added into the mod itself. meaning, can move about everywhere inside the boat, but... use of the clicking on the entrance way to the conning tower... is kaput. Just My own observation & thoughts... on that. Not sure of (upon rereading the details of the new release version, is the WAC 5 sub interiors, added in...) what interior mod was used to inject it into the mix, but... that'd be My........... edu-mi-cated guess.

I'd noted that as well, but... as mentioned, chalked it up to it being relegated to the inclusion of the interior ability to move about the entire sub... &... a small price to pay for that ability.

With the using the num 0 key to backtrack the cam view, can't say as to having experienced that... since I don't use the num keys, but... can say that while on the bridge, using a right click of the mouse... will throw you off the boat, into a free cam view... watching the U-boat, charging off ahead... think of it, as like... an out of body experience... experience. Best I can describe it.

Was used to doing that (right click) & dropping back into the conning tower then an additional right click, would end up with your being back in the control room view.

Hopefully both issues there, (num 0 key & the right click cam view) can be... remedied.

M. M.
Old 01-04-22, 09:32 PM   #198
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 515
Default About the cameras in the conning tower interior

Quote:
Hi Toyota,
Nice job with your mod
Hi Fifi
These issues that your report is inherited from the WAC 5.0 Full Interior MOD. In order to connect the conning tower to the command room hatch by hatch, the Coordinate data of the root node in the conning tower .dat file has been changed a lot. This is the reason. All the cameras in the conning tower interior will have such problem. Although the WAC 5.0 Full Interior MOD has disabled the clickable object in the .cam file to prevent you access these cameras, but still has the method such as what you used ( via numpad 0). I try to fix it but failed.
If you try the XXI U-Boat Which hasn't the full interior mod, the problem won't be occur, because the Coordinate data still use the original one.
Hope this answer can help you.

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
Toyotagt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 02:48 AM   #199
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotagt86 View Post
Hi Fifi
These issues that your report is inherited from the WAC 5.0 Full Interior MOD. In order to connect the conning tower to the command room hatch by hatch, the Coordinate data of the root node in the conning tower .dat file has been changed a lot. This is the reason. All the cameras in the conning tower interior will have such problem. Although the WAC 5.0 Full Interior MOD has disabled the clickable object in the .cam file to prevent you access these cameras, but still has the method such as what you used ( via numpad 0). I try to fix it but failed.
If you try the XXI U-Boat Which hasn't the full interior mod, the problem won't be occur, because the Coordinate data still use the original one.
Hope this answer can help you.

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
thanks for answer
I’ll try on my side too, to fix it when get some time. But if you failed not sure I can do it
Old 01-11-22, 10:07 PM   #200
phooey
A-ganger

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Hi complutum
It is hard to change a resolution for sh3 because all the UI textures and d3d9.dll , cameras.dat files and Font need to be changed to match with the new resolution. I also have uploaded a ARB Gui version it has a resolution with 1920X1080. Most home PC should support this resolution. You can down load that one to have a try

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
In that case, can I upload 1360x768 version of your wac magui mod?
phooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 01:48 AM   #201
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey View Post
I see no problem. The download link is located in #1 https://www.mediafire.com/file/3icnl...n_2.1_MaGui.7z
Old 01-12-22, 03:57 PM   #202
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

Hi Toyotagt86

it's a nice idea to have integrated the wac5 full interior into GWX with HD ARB 1920x1080 Gui + TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation ! It works and is stable !
Despite numerous tests, Hansolo failed to make wac5 stable with its full interior mod in 1920x1080 HD.
Now it is a real pleasure to be able to play with. it's good to have a supemod of this quality where you can visit the whole submarine :-)

Thank you Toyotagt86 !

ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 03:06 AM   #203
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey View Post
Yes ,you can

Best Regards
Old 01-24-22, 08:21 PM   #204
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default quick question

I'm help'n out a friend install Toyotagt86. His monitor's max resolution is 1680x1050, shouldn't he be installing the MaGUI version of Toyotagt86, instead of the ARB version? thanx
Old 01-24-22, 08:40 PM   #205
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Default About the resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
I'm help'n out a friend install Toyotagt86. His monitor's max resolution is 1680x1050, shouldn't he be installing the MaGUI version of Toyotagt86, instead of the ARB version? thanx
Hi Doolar
Please check the display setting menu of his computer ,it should has a display resolution list. Check does the 1366X768 exist in this list. if does he can play the MaGui version of my compilation. According to your description the monitor's max resolution is 1680x1050, it can not start the ARB version

Hope this answer can help you

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
Old 01-24-22, 09:03 PM   #206
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

Gotcha ... thanx
Old 01-26-22, 11:57 AM   #207
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

Hi !

On the periscope, when you select a ship with L, it is not like usual: there is absolutely no summary indication concerning this ship (warship, merchant ship, tanker...).
One is obliged to identify it in order to know everything in detail.

I don't know if it's intentional but I don't think so is it ?

Thanks
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 12:12 PM   #208
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlea View Post
Hi !

On the periscope, when you select a ship with L, it is not like usual: there is absolutely no summary indication concerning this ship (warship, merchant ship, tanker...).
One is obliged to identify it in order to know everything in detail.

I don't know if it's intentional but I don't think so is it ?

Thanks
I think it’s intentional, and each megamod should be like that! Up to you to determine the target…
Old 01-26-22, 12:53 PM   #209
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
I think it’s intentional, and each megamod should be like that! Up to you to determine the target…

It's a boat on the surface, it's a target. Who cares what kind.
Old 01-26-22, 01:17 PM   #210
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Hi Doolar
Please check the display setting menu of his computer ,it should has a display resolution list. Check does the 1366X768 exist in this list. if does he can play the MaGui version of my compilation. According to your description the monitor's max resolution is 1680x1050, it can not start the ARB version

Hope this answer can help you

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
Hi, please can you help?, my 20" monitor show the resolutions I paste below, I unsuccessfully try to install Toyotagt86 ARB WideGui 1920x1080 version which show error "Can Not Initialize 3D engine" then I swap with WAC MaGui for GWXv3 - 1366x768 and show the same error "Can Not Initialize 3D engine", I on both versions open the SH3 folder and locate these 3 executables, the SH3.exe, Cmdr.exe (located in the SH3/ Commander’s Folder) and the JSGME.exe and changed each executable by right clicking and select their Properties / Compatibilities to WIN7 compatibly / and run as ADMIN. The GWX v3 mod is working fine just by reducing the resolution from 1680x1050, thank you

1680x1050
1280x1024
1152x864
1024x768
800x600