SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-10, 10:24 AM   #16
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
A suggestion for further versions: The new space available in the tools bar between dialog box and the speed/depth/course dials could be used to put the shortcuts that are currently in the slide out left side, or alternatively the fuel/battery/CO2 indicators
Yes, this is also my thought.
Old 03-25-10, 10:30 AM   #17
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnodayak View Post
I have a problem, on full screen on my 21 inch Acer monitor (16:10), the 2D objects like dials are now egg shaped , but not on the horizontal scale like it was before this mod enabled, but on the vertical, like standing eggs. The 3D works perfectly.
I guess that the problem here is that you monitor Physical size proportions isn't in correct 16:9. Reece related the same problem, with a 16:10 monitor.

Make this experiment: take a screen shot of the game showing the 2d dials, then put here on the forum and see: they will be all correctly circular.
Old 03-25-10, 10:33 AM   #18
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeadler View Post
With analog VGA cables there are no problems
Digital DMI cables (prefered for TFT users) also works.
The way the dll set the resolution has only problems with HDMI.

With nVidia drivers above 191.xx the dll throws "Cannot initialize 3D engine" with Windows7 if using auto scaling by monitors and the TFT is connected via a DMI cable.
Thanks by the info mate!
Old 03-25-10, 10:52 AM   #19
Gunnodayak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
I guess that the problem here is that you monitor Physical size proportions isn't in correct 16:9. Reece related the same problem, with a 16:10 monitor.

Make this experiment: take a screen shot of the game showing the 2d dials, then put here on the forum and see: they will be all correctly circular.
I've made that experiment and you are right, Rubini! But do you think there's a fix for that? I am using Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1024GB, 22 inch Acer P223W (even my Windows 7 64 says it's a P221W!), VGA connectivity with a VGA to DVI adapter, on a native resolution of 1680X1050, with no option of scaling in ATI Catalyst Control Center. On the first version, dll_widescreen.zip, the first one released a few days ago, the things were right. But on this new resolution setting of the new mode, there is the problem I've told you about. Any help would be apprecieted. Thank you anyway!
Old 03-25-10, 11:15 AM   #20
StarLion45
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78
Yess

This looking good I must say

What a job

Thanks guys

StarLion45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 11:15 AM   #21
codmander
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 59

no luck seems the same... than again I'm a pc idiot everything seemed the same except i lost my lower right speed compass and tc box in the masterful world of spongebob he would say.......TARTER SAUCE
codmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:18 PM   #22
IFRT-WHUFC
Engineer

Downloads: 374

When I first enabled this res-fix i also got a cannot initialize the 3d engine error I checked my monitor refresh rate and it had changed from 75hz to 59hz so I manually changed it back and all works well again! Hope this will help those who are getting this error!

thanks
Rick.
IFRT-WHUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 04:28 PM   #23
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I've made that experiment and you are right, Rubini! But do you think there's a fix for that? I am using Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1024GB, 22 inch Acer P223W (even my Windows 7 64 says it's a P221W!), VGA connectivity with a VGA to DVI adapter, on a native resolution of 1680X1050, with no option of scaling in ATI Catalyst Control Center. On the first version, dll_widescreen.zip, the first one released a few days ago, the things were right. But on this new resolution setting of the new mode, there is the problem I've told you about. Any help would be apprecieted. Thank you anyway!
We have a problem that is: 1360x768 is a WS16:9 resolution and ONLY will appears ok on monitors that have also the PHYSICAL size/ratio of the LCD panel at 16:9. Some monitors have the physical size at 16:10. So, is easy to understand that a 16:9 GUI on a 16:10 monitor can finish with soft stretched 2d dials in its vertical. To solve this problem I guess that we need to make another basic GUI that uses a 16:10 resolution.
Old 03-25-10, 05:41 PM   #24
StarLion45
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78
Rubini ??

I am totally agree with you

StarLion45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 06:54 PM   #25
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
The HDMI cable is necessary to nvidia driver show the rescale options, so if someone needs it (rescale function), then is the way to go.
(Nvidia, driver 196.21) In order to see the rescale options I can set the resolution to something lower than native. At native res, those options to not appear. But I can apply the scaling options and go back to my native res (1920 x 1080) and it "remembers."

Also, I get CTD "Can not initialize 3d engine" unless I set the res at 1365 x 768 in the .ini file (or another res more close to or exactly 16:9) instead of the stock 1360 x 768. The aspect ratios look perfect to me, at that setting, btw.

Lastly I would like to say... WOW, you guys ROCK!!!! What an amazing gift you all have given us.

Thank you! Long live SH3.

Flopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 09:23 PM   #26
nycoroner05
Soundman

Downloads: 142
Default Very nice

Nice start. getting great results
Old 03-25-10, 10:20 PM   #27
Ark
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 95

Will this work on a 30" panel?

My native resolution is 2560x1600 (16:10).
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 285 SSC
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer 23" H233H
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 11:00 PM   #28
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
I have a problem, on full screen on my 21 inch Acer monitor (16:10), the 2D objects like dials are now egg shaped , but not on the horizontal scale like it was before this mod enabled, but on the vertical, like standing eggs. The 3D works perfectly.
Yes I am getting this, so at this stage I am having second thoughts to the whole thing, my ATI card has 2 HDMI connectors and the monitor is HDMI, so going backwards to a VGA cable (analog) is not an option, the only way out is to deliberately widen the screen to say 1500x768 (not that it can be done), but then the snapshots would be wide! Gee you can't win, I don't know what to suggest at this stage since we already have lost even higher resolutions and can't Alt-Tab out of the game to use mods like Anvart's Flags and Pennants. What to do?

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 03-25-10 at 11:20 PM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 02:50 AM   #29
Gunnodayak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Yes I am getting this, so at this stage I am having second thoughts to the whole thing, my ATI card has 2 HDMI connectors and the monitor is HDMI, so going backwards to a VGA cable (analog) is not an option, the only way out is to deliberately widen the screen to say 1500x768 (not that it can be done), but then the snapshots would be wide! Gee you can't win, I don't know what to suggest at this stage since we already have lost even higher resolutions and can't Alt-Tab out of the game to use mods like Anvart's Flags and Pennants. What to do?
Having wide snapshots is less important than playing wide, in my opinion.

No worries, I've played in a windowed mode all the time, on 4:3 scale, so I will stick with it, at least some of you will have the chance to play on widescreen. I am not losing anything, it's just that I will not gain anything in this area. But it's not bad, I've gained a lot till now, with some mods.

Last edited by Gunnodayak; 03-26-10 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-26-10, 05:06 AM   #30
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

This is what it is like taking a camera shot:

A snapshot is round, I have tried every setting to get my monitor/Video card to work properly but nothing changes, If I select a horizontal or vertical frequency other that default it selects it ok, the screen goes black for a second then a box to say except settings? I click yes but goes back to default, tried unlocking and un-ticked "Hide settings that this monitor cannot handle" but no change! I think the mod will only work with an analog setup!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote