SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-21, 06:35 AM   #4126
Sangamon Taylor
Mate

Downloads: 128
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe Vollmaus View Post
The reason is simpel. The hsie-patcher was made at a time when your UbiSoft-version was unborn/not available. So it is unknown to the patcher.
So, do I understand from this thread that there is no way to patch the SH3 download from Ubisoft with H.SIE's hard coded fixes? Is there no way to make it compatible?
Sangamon Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 02:43 PM   #4127
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangamon Taylor View Post
So, do I understand from this thread that there is no way to patch the SH3 download from Ubisoft with H.SIE's hard coded fixes? Is there no way to make it compatible?
If you have done exactly what was written in the documentation to the patcher then there is only one correct answer to both questions - no way. Wow, that was easy.

The h.sie patcher knows exactly five versions of different sh3.exe's which was released in the past at the time when the patcher was created. The "Sorry, no compatible version of sh3.exe found" and "Patching not possible! Exit" can really not be misinterpreted. There is no way around. _With The Original H.Sie Patcher_

It may be possible to ask the Creators of the new version of the sh3.exe why they have changed the exe. Maybe to some sort of copy-protection or DRM, or only to make its users angry, i dont know for shure.

But, if you reconfigure your view to the 'problem' you may get what you want since there is more than one solution.
The easyest one is use a different SH3 release (or a different sh3.exe including some other files). If possibly one that is compatible with the patcher.

To create a New version of the patcher to make it compatible Is possible, since h.sie has released the Source-code to the public.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 11:43 PM   #4128
Sangamon Taylor
Mate

Downloads: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe Vollmaus View Post
If you have done exactly what was written in the documentation to the patcher then there is only one correct answer to both questions - no way. Wow, that was easy.

The h.sie patcher knows exactly five versions of different sh3.exe's which was released in the past at the time when the patcher was created. The "Sorry, no compatible version of sh3.exe found" and "Patching not possible! Exit" can really not be misinterpreted. There is no way around. _With The Original H.Sie Patcher_

It may be possible to ask the Creators of the new version of the sh3.exe why they have changed the exe. Maybe to some sort of copy-protection or DRM, or only to make its users angry, i dont know for shure.

But, if you reconfigure your view to the 'problem' you may get what you want since there is more than one solution.
The easyest one is use a different SH3 release (or a different sh3.exe including some other files). If possibly one that is compatible with the patcher.

To create a New version of the patcher to make it compatible Is possible, since h.sie has released the Source-code to the public.
Thanks. I expected that was the answer but it never hurts to ask.

In fact I've started using LSH3 2020 which comes with the SH3.EXE already patched in the mod. Running it with Ahnenerbe Wide GUI and Fifi Enhancements. All good.

Fook Ubisoft!
Sangamon Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 06:05 PM   #4129
Headshotkill
Nub

Downloads: 8

Hi everyone, my first post and I already have a problem to share with you!
Recently discovered SH3 through Wolfpack345's videos and got exited to try it out myself, bought a copy from Steam.
I read a bit of this thread and suspect I might have a copy-protected version of the game's .exe. However I've already installed Grey wolves expansion, can anyone confirm the steam version of the game is doomed because of copy-protection or does a clean .exe from steam work with the patcher and Grey wolves should be installed after?

If it's doomed, could someone be kind enough to send me a clean copy over mail? (If you'd like me to pay for the costs just send me the needed bank information and I'll transfer the money when the copy arrives).

Cheers!
Headshotkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 06:19 PM   #4130
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Hi Headshotkill ive sent you a PM with a download link to my Mediafire site
the SH3 download is from this original install its already patched to 1.4
Run SH3 fire up happytime single mission then it makes a SH3 Folder in your documents for all your carrer saves

unpack SH3 Download with 7zip then place the SH3 Folder on drive C:/ but outside Program Files x86

if you are going to use GWX or other Super Mods you will need the 4Gig Patch download link below

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5737

also Commander Mod 3.2 download link below

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4789

If your going to use GWX3 dont forget the GWX Commander mod config file so GWX and the Commander Mod talk to each other

At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own salute Sir happy hunting

Last edited by blackswan40; 01-07-22 at 03:21 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 12:47 PM   #4131
Headshotkill
Nub

Downloads: 8

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know I got my game up and running with the same loadout as Wolfpack345 from youtube.
Special thanks to Blackswan40 for helping me out with the .exe file and also thanks to Doolar for some additional tips.

Time to sink some merchants!
Headshotkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 01:10 PM   #4132
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Headshotkill

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 10:55 PM   #4133
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Default Increase number of wolfpack attacks

I'd like to increase these a bit to more closely match the historical number/chances of one.
I imagine it would require a hex editor which I'm usually able to figure out IF I know the address(es) to look at. No idea how to find them myself.
If anyone has any info. on this I'd appreciate it. Pm if desired.
Old 08-20-22, 04:08 PM   #4134
Federico
Nub

Downloads: 49
Default cant download

unfortunately every time i try to download it i just get redirected to a mediafire new download key finding page. Not sure how to fix this
Federico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-22, 05:49 AM   #4135
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federico View Post
unfortunately every time i try to download it i just get redirected to a mediafire new download key finding page. Not sure how to fix this

https://maikhaas.synology.me:5001/fs...0cPgmFli/H.SIE
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-22, 07:04 AM   #4136
Federico
Nub

Downloads: 49
Default thanks

thanks for the link, it installed just fine, but when i try to apply the patch it tells me my version of silent hunter3 is not compatible, i use uplay.
Is this a common occurance?
Federico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 03:11 PM   #4137
bedros
Mate

Downloads: 12

radar Edit Wolfpack

Hello guys, I'm trying to change the spawn probability of hsie Wolfpack, opening the campaignSCR there are 12 ai sibs north west of new Scotland so it doesn't depends by position; someone know how to edit the file that calculates the probability for Wolfpack activation?

Regards
bedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 03:02 PM   #4138
bedros
Mate

Downloads: 12

radar Wolfpack zones

Hi again guys, I'm trying to track the zones where Wolfpack is available, could you share your experiences maybe with patrol grid if possible.

Thanks
bedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 03:24 PM   #4139
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 428
Support

Bedros,

Check this :

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=253187

Keep in mind that the wolfpacks are attached to the convoys and spawn under the proper conditions.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 03:40 AM   #4140
Tigerzhunters
Frogman

Downloads: 96

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi Headshotkill ive sent you a PM with a download link to my Mediafire site
the SH3 download is from this original install its already patched to 1.4
Run SH3 fire up happytime single mission then it makes a SH3 Folder in your documents for all your carrer saves

unpack SH3 Download with 7zip then place the SH3 Folder on drive C:/ but outside Program Files x86

if you are going to use GWX or other Super Mods you will need the 4Gig Patch download link below

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5737

also Commander Mod 3.2 download link below

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4789

If your going to use GWX3 dont forget the GWX Commander mod config file so GWX and the Commander Mod talk to each other

At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own salute Sir happy hunting
Can i get that too? Cause Im forgor steam password Since my Laptop Complete destroyed in water because of the flood in my house and forgor to pack that from the floor and totally destroyed Yea that 2021 but i appreciate it

Tigerzhunters is offline   Reply With Quote