SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-21, 04:43 AM   #1
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

Support A last attempt - asking for a permission

Hi everyone!

I'm asking your help today in order to contact a person for ask permission to release "Sauro\Sella class DD" mod based on an old ship: HSwMS Puke.

I've found the original SH3-Converted ship. From the info .pdf, i've those names and address:

CONVERT BY
MOLKE2005

ORIGINAL AUTHOR
SOM GROUP

Date: 2010-07-18
Author: Yamatoforever Molke2005

Many weeks ago i've sent PM and Email to Yamatoforever (alias Molke2005), while a friend sent message to SOM Group. I've also posted the question on SOM Group vk.com page. Every attempt is sadly failed.

I know only a small part of the original mod has been used in my reworked model, but i'd like to have permission before release. Aniway, i'll give credits to authors and conversion authors.

Is there anyone who know a recently-used contact with one of those guys?

Thanks, best regards,
and have nice Christmas days!
Vd

ps original pics Vs modded pics:

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508

Last edited by VonDos; 12-31-21 at 11:16 AM.
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 07:08 PM   #2
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Hi VonDos, glad to see that you are still working on some new units previously missing from the SH world.

I came across this post by "accident" while compiling a list of all the Reggia Marina ship classes which took part in WWII and while checking which ones are already available as 3D models, either from one of the SH games and their mods, or from other sources. By now I have a rather big collection of models on my HD that I will be glad to share with you if you are interested into taking inspiration from them for your own work.

The Quintino Sella and her sisters are one of the classes still missing from my collection, but I have recently acquired a model of their slightly larger half-sisters of the Sauro class, and a model of the Curtatone-class destroyers/torpedo boats (which, as far as I can understand, are the direct ancestors of the two aforementioned classes). Unfortunately I can't help you getting in touch with Molke2005, but I still hope to see the result of your recent efforts in game. The screenshots look very promising!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 07:37 PM   #3
VonDos
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi VonDos, glad to see that you are still working on some new units previously missing from the SH world.

I came across this post by "accident" while compiling a list of all the Reggia Marina ship classes which took part in WWII and while checking which ones are already available as 3D models, either from one of the SH games and their mods, or from other sources. By now I have a rather big collection of models on my HD that I will be glad to share with you if you are interested into taking inspiration from them for your own work.

The Quintino Sella and her sisters are one of the classes still missing from my collection, but I have recently acquired a model of their slightly larger half-sisters of the Sauro class, and a model of the Curtatone-class destroyers/torpedo boats (which, as far as I can understand, are the direct ancestors of the two aforementioned classes). Unfortunately I can't help you getting in touch with Molke2005, but I still hope to see the result of your recent efforts in game. The screenshots look very promising!

Hi gap!

Thanks, yes, i'm really interested in model =) and yes, Sella\Sauro (and Turbine) classes derived from Curtatone-class DD/TB
So, if you want, send me a link, please ^^

As you can find in my shipyard, i'm trying to model all the classes (well, too similar classes will be represented by single models, for example Montecuccoli\Aosta, Orsa\Pegaso, Spica\Ariete, Pilo\LaMasa\Generali\Sirtori, Sauro\Sella\Turbine etc).

My to do list could include (not sure about nothing):

Aquila CV (WIP, old model need an heavy refit)
Miraglia CVE
Cadorna class CL (WIP, derived from Barbiano)
Taranto old CL
Bari old CL
Sauro\Sella\Turbine (Beta, near release)
Mirabello\Leone DD
Curtatone DD\TB (maybe also Palestro, don't know)
Dardo\Folgore, or Maestrale\Oriani DD (WIP, they were similar)

All the others italian units (BB Littorio, BB Duilio, BB Cesare, CA Zara, CA Bolzano, CA Trento, CL Garibaldi\Abruzzi, CL Montecuccoli, CL Da Giussano, CL Capitani Romani, DD Navigatori, DD Soldati, TB Orsa, TB Spica, TB Sirtori\Pilo\LaMasa\Generali\Indomito, CO Gabbiano, Cruiser San Giorgio) are released and avaiable on my "Shipyard" page

Best regards, and happy Christmas days!
Vd

Old 12-25-21, 09:01 PM   #4
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Hi gap!

Thanks, yes, i'm really interested in model =)
please check your inbox

Quote:
and yes, Sella\Sauro (and Turbine) classes derived from Curtatone-class DD/TB
...which on turn derived from the Palestro-class, the latter being an interwar development of the UK-built Kawakaze, a destroyer of the Urakaze class originally laid down for the IJN but sold to Italy before completion and commissioned in the RM as Audace immediately after WWI

Quote:
As you can find in my shipyard, i'm trying to model all the classes (well, too similar classes will be represented by single models, for example Montecuccoli\Aosta, Orsa\Pegaso, Spica\Ariete, Pilo\LaMasa\Generali\Sirtori, Sauro\Sella\Turbine etc).
For many of the sibling classes you have mentioned I have separate models. Once you finish creating the most important/peculiar ship classes, and provided that the minor differences among those similar classes are significant enough, it could be interesting having separate models for each class rather than generic models representing two or three classes
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 11:10 AM   #5
VonDos
Admiral

Hi everyone!

After others weeks with no reply from original authors, i choose instead to rebuild the hull of Sauro class (last part from original Puke\Sella 3D model).

Here's a couple of pics:

The "parent" hull is now taken from Orsa TB, similar in dimensions, but with heavy modifications.

I'm rebuilding all in order to release her soon.

Best regards,
Vd

Old 12-31-21, 02:02 PM   #6
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108

Quote:
Hi everyone!

After others weeks with no reply from original authors, i choose instead to rebuild the hull of Sauro class (last part from original Puke\Sella 3D model).

Here's a couple of pics:

The "parent" hull is now taken from Orsa TB, similar in dimensions, but with heavy modifications.

I'm rebuilding all in order to release her soon.

Best regards,
Vd
Looking forward to seing them ingame.