SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-19, 08:38 AM   #1
MiccerU69
Swabbie

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Icon9 GWX CTD

Hello

After searching on all the forums and via google for solutions, I seem to have no other option than to post here to find a solution. Since I have spent hours since yesterday trying to fix the issues, I'm getting kinda desperate .

SHIII was one of the first games I played back in 2005 so it has a lot of nostalgic value to me. As SH5 doesn't have that same vibe, I decided on reinstalling SHIII. Since I wanted a challenge and a better looking game, I have been trying to run GWX 3.0, but failed. I did a clean reinstall and tried WAC5.2, but that failed too. I installed both versions in a seperate map, so not under program files as I read that could cause issues.

Now I have tried both with both versions via Steam and Uplay. I have followed all the advice I could find, ran the .exe as an admin, changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP 2 and 3. I followed all the installation instructions to the letter but to no avail. I unchecked the whole SH3 folder as read only but without success.

I'm currently running Windows 10 with the latest update. It seems like I can run the training school missions just fine. But whenever I want to start a patrol on my career, a single mission, or the musem, the game loads up to 90% on the progress bar and then does a CTD.

I hope anyone can help me with this issue. Would it be a solution just to get a disk version from somewhere on Amazon etc. As most issues seem to relate to downloaded versions.

Many thanks in advance
Michael
MiccerU69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ctd. patch. ohii. mod., gwx 3.0, installation