Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-11, 04:42 PM   #991
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman[CDN] View Post
Hi im really new to this game and have noticed that time acceleration causes some glitches with Destroyers stuck at either 160 deg or 200 deg about 12km away doing small circles at 14 knots all the way back to base. Im still in the first campaign.

Also my next mission was to patrol the north passage and I cant find any ships , I have stayed surfaced and have been repositioned by BDU three times and told to be more aggressive, but absolutely no other traffic around. Is this normal?

One other thing is I spotted many enemy aircraft and have yet to be attacked. This was far from the case in SH4.

Im running no mods on a D2D download patched to 1.2.0
My system is 9850 Phenom with 2 x 2gb pc6400 , ATI 4870 1 gb,Win Vista 32 bit sp2, dual Raptors in Raid 0.

Thanks for any advice you guys have.

Regards Matt
Start with this mega mod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...72&postcount=1

and after you will read more inf about mods on this forum you can add more mods

regards
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 05:23 PM   #992
Mattman[CDN]
Swabbie

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Thanks stoianm , I will give that a try tonite. The mods sound Jaw dropping .

Matt
Old 03-26-11, 03:00 AM   #993
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Downloads: 125

It's such a shame that ubisoft dont want to create more patches for this very fine game. Its a scandal. The game is awesome and still have very competitive graphics and gameplay. The game isnt even finished.

I have discovered at least 3 new bugs the recent 2 days and had about 10 crashes in the same duration.

I can't say it many times enough, its such a huge shame that ubisoft wont fix this game. Imagine what we could do with this game if they cared to just tweak it a little bit more, optimize it, kill off the crash bugs and other annoyance bugs.

How much problems does it produce for ubisoft to even put a single man on this project?
DelphiUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 04:02 AM   #994
Tartan
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

Hi,

Yesterday, i bought SH5. But, when I want to start a new campaign or an historical mission, my game crashes after the loading. Before the crash, i have a black screen. The game crashes in the two versions and in all of the video setup.

My configuration :
-Windows 7 32 Bits
-3 GB of RAM
-Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.50 GHz
-Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (Drivers updated)

In advance, thank you for your help

PS : Sorry for the mistakes but I'm french.
Tartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 07:41 AM   #995
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Hi,

Yesterday, i bought SH5. But, when I want to start a new campaign or an historical mission, my game crashes after the loading. Before the crash, i have a black screen. The game crashes in the two versions and in all of the video setup.

My configuration :
-Windows 7 32 Bits
-3 GB of RAM
-Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.50 GHz
-Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (Drivers updated)

In advance, thank you for your help

PS : Sorry for the mistakes but I'm french.
Someone else here might be able to give you more information but I think maybe your video card is below the requirements. Can you upgrade it?
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:06 PM   #996
Enjay
Watch

Downloads: 1
Help!!! unplayable!

I have SH5 which I obtained via Steam. I am having problems where, after returning to base following the first patrol, the game crashes upon trying to load a game. Whether I load or choose continue mission. This happened to me in stock SH5--i uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam. And is happening now after having the MO mod installed with patch.

What gives? I presume other people are playing farther than just one patrol...
Enjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:14 PM   #997
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjay View Post
I have SH5 which I obtained via Steam. I am having problems where, after returning to base following the first patrol, the game crashes upon trying to load a game. Whether I load or choose continue mission. This happened to me in stock SH5--i uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam. And is happening now after having the MO mod installed with patch.

What gives? I presume other people are playing farther than just one patrol...
you have the CTDs after you installed the MO?.. if yes than i think you should to start a hole new campaign.... it is not working to load an saved game or to continue after you installed the MO... just start a new campaign
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:59 PM   #998
Enjay
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
you have the CTDs after you installed the MO?.. if yes than i think you should to start a hole new campaign.... it is not working to load an saved game or to continue after you installed the MO... just start a new campaign
No, I also mentioned I had the CTD before applying any mods as well. I RTB after first patrol, try to go on second patrol... crash! I relaunch, try to continue and... crash. I relaunch and try to restore a save from before I event RTB'd and... crash.
Old 03-30-11, 07:27 PM   #999
Seymour110
Nub

Downloads: 71

Just bought the steam copy today....been having a bit of fun but have found a serious problem:

Basically the first time i did a crash dive i was hit before by a destroyer's gun - my u-boat sank after constantly diving - i thought maybe it was just a lucky hit

Turns out not....

Next patrol i crash dive again....supposed to stop at 70m....destroyers coming in so while its doing this i drop to around 80m....for some reason my the sub keeps diving....then i notice 120 metres....bollocks....and i sink! is this a bug other people have come across?...because it effectively means i can't crash dive atm!
Seymour110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 07:34 PM   #1000
Enjay
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour110 View Post
Just bought the steam copy today....been having a bit of fun but have found a serious problem:

Basically the first time i did a crash dive i was hit before by a destroyer's gun - my u-boat sank after constantly diving - i thought maybe it was just a lucky hit

Turns out not....

Next patrol i crash dive again....supposed to stop at 70m....destroyers coming in so while its doing this i drop to around 80m....for some reason my the sub keeps diving....then i notice 120 metres....bollocks....and i sink! is this a bug other people have come across?...because it effectively means i can't crash dive atm!
I'm not sure if this is a problem or not or how it is supposed to work. But, when I crash dive, I se my depth back to 30m or 40m and reduce speed to a standard bell. Maybe I have been preventing this.
Old 03-30-11, 09:19 PM   #1001
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour110 View Post

Turns out not....

Do a search in the mod section for "Depth Keeping Fix" There are several mods that address this. Yes, it is a bug.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 05:05 AM   #1002
Seymour110
Nub

Downloads: 71

thankyou
Seymour110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 04:12 PM   #1003
Enjay
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjay View Post
No, I also mentioned I had the CTD before applying any mods as well. I RTB after first patrol, try to go on second patrol... crash! I relaunch, try to continue and... crash. I relaunch and try to restore a save from before I event RTB'd and... crash.
I may have some more info on this. I restored a save from while still in my first patrol. i RTB and was able to go on second mission without CDT. This was odd. I sat and thought about it and the ONLY thing I did differently was, the first time, when the game became unplayable from that point forward, was I added an emblem to my conning tower.

Huh?
Old 03-31-11, 08:19 PM   #1004
Scrapy
Swabbie

Downloads: 62
Default Annoying Crash

Hello everyone... newbie here, been playing sh5 for a few days now, and really love it.

i have updated to version 1.2 and installed the following mods:

*Clean install -> Update -> installed mods in the order listed -> new game*

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 *including update*
nVidia missing lights *since i use a gtx 295, figure i need this*
Original map colors
Shadow Improvement Mod
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
FX_Update_0_0_15_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_15_UHS_Fix
FX_Update_0_0_15_BARF_1_3_Full_Fix
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
AirTorpedoes
Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWr aith
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
Re-Magic_Skills *self made, restore skills & dialog removed from magnum*
-----------------------

To the point... I have developed a habit of saving every 5 mins, or every time i destroy a ship/plane.. because i keep getting this annoying crash... i have tried looking for info, and several things to fix the crash before asking for help. but i have had no luck.

sometimes it happens just randomly.. but 95% of the time it happens while in a fight, usually surfaced and using the cannon while taking fire, although i think it has happened submerged aswell. when it does happen the game might freeze for up to a few seconds at a time, or just become really choppy. also the graphics *explosions* seem really odd... for instance after a explosion there will be a bright ball where it went off, making me unable to view any ships around me due to the extremely bright light. also water splashes seem to freeze mid-air.

can spend so many hours crashing/reloading trying to destroy a convoy. sometimes i get lucky and don't crash

well that explains it all, down to the actual error.

ALWAYS the exact same timestamp, code and offset
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    sh5.exe
  Application Version:    1.2.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    562b9a96
  Fault Module Name:    SHCollisions.act
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4bce9a3a
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00037104
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    3081
from the looks of it, none of the mods touched SHCollisions.act, i tried to look inside this file but its encrypted/strange format.

there has to be something really simple to fix this.....

anyone have any ideas on what is causing this and why?

my pc specs:
Intel cpu i7 920 @ 2.67ghz *stock*
nvidia gtx 295
6gb ram 3x ddr 1600 i beleave. *eventually get 24gb lmao*
asus p6t deluxe V2
running windows 7 home premium 64bit

*EDIT*
just got this one, all the same except this time ( Exception Offset: 00037034 )

Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: sh5.exe
Application Version: 1.2.0.0
Application Timestamp: 562b9a96
Fault Module Name: SHCollisions.act
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4bce9a3a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00037034
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Last edited by Scrapy; 03-31-11 at 09:43 PM.
Scrapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 04:35 AM   #1005
smithcorp
Bosun

Downloads: 27

I'm getting freezes requiring a shutdown via Crtl-Alt-Del when i try to take a screenshot using the Shift-F11 key combo.

I'm running only IRAI version 0.0.30 and NewUIs with TDC version 6.4.0 (default SH5 enhanced). My system is a Q9505 at 3.2ghz, GTX260, 4gb ram, Vista 32.

When I take a screeny the screen freezes with repeating engine noises and when I hit Crtl-Alt-Del the capture sequence is running but not responding. SH5 is installed to C:\Ubi, so no issues with UAC. I can use Fraps for screens, but any hints on what might be happening and a fix?

I had the MO installed (JSGME) but I got constant shutdowns of SH5, so I disabled it.

Thanks in advance

smith
smithcorp is offline   Reply With Quote