SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-09, 01:14 AM   #1
starsiege
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Welcome starsiege. You need the expansion pack Uboat add on to play this Campaign.

Peabody
Thank you. I have the U boat missions add on installed. Where do i download this campaign?
starsiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 10:15 AM   #2
---Dagon---
Watch

Downloads: 21

Keltos01

Give drawings and boat photos, I will make. But quickly it will not turn out. Now I am engaged in addition Great War: Battle for Baltic
---Dagon--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 10:59 AM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Did you guys ever find anyone to do the Japanese voices?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 05:35 PM   #4
loftyc
Watch

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsiege View Post
Thank you. I have the U boat missions add on installed. Where do i download this campaign?

starsiege, the subs completed so far are somewhere at http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1...4e75f6e8ebb871

install them, and choose one to use when you select a single mission as you would any other boat.

You can see from just those boats what a hell of a job these guys are doing!
loftyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 03:50 AM   #5
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default the real deal

I-14 at the bottom of the ocean - 5.5 inch deck gun visible.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Technology...ory?id=9093027

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 07:37 AM   #6
subsailor770
Nub

Downloads: 551

Lots of hard work. Can't wait!
subsailor770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 06:55 PM   #7
OrangeYoshi
Gunner

Downloads: 70

I too can't wait for this thing to come out. I love playing on the losing side for some reason. It makes it more suspenseful and scary I guess.
Old 11-21-09, 05:35 AM   #8
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339

Just an idea: Not sure if this helps with your language/voices problem but: For the game IL-2 a mod-pack existed that added several languages and voices. It included japanese voice files amongst others, maybe you can contact the modmakers and ask for help/files?

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-09, 04:11 PM   #9
keltos01
Silent Hunter

but would the voices say what we need them to ?

the hard part is that current day japanese is different from WWII japanese, and so far none of our friends in Japan have been able to help us out..

keltos

Old 11-21-09, 04:23 PM   #10
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

well if you cant get the old japanese, could settle for modern japanese....better than having english speaking japanese crew members right?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-09, 12:06 PM   #11
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
but would the voices say what we need them to ?

the hard part is that current day japanese is different from WWII japanese, and so far none of our friends in Japan have been able to help us out..

keltos
I don't know. Numbers, directions, yes, no, etc all those things were in the mod pack. Enough for a start? And IIRC it was even WWII Japanese...

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 10:52 PM   #12
Alfamemnon
Watch

Downloads: 15

Ubisoft did not do a whole lot of research before making Sh4. Some scources claimed that if submarines were in real life in similar condition than they were in SH games, they would not have been allowed to leave port for war patrol. I would be happy if at least the battery duration is made realistic in the subs of this upcoming mod.

Could it be possible to further take advantage of the fact you successfully implemented planes taking off from aircraft carrier? Such as make the Japanese submarine aircraft carriers for this game so that you could make planes taking off from your submarines deck attack enemy forces and/or scout with little or no danger to your own ship?

Also, please consider having German technology available at least in some form (in case Japanese technology sucks) but it would probably cost a little bit more renown. It is a fact that I-8 and I think the monsoon u-boats, too, managed to bring the Japanese some German blueprints and even ready equipment in spite of the fact sea voyage between German bases such as Bergen, Lorient, Brest etc and Japanese bases such as Penang, Surabaya, Singapore etc was so long and dangerous nothing less than IXD2, Kaidai or Junsen were able to do it. I heard that like uboats, Japanese submarines suffered heavy losses too (though not probably as heavy as 75%) so the IJN submarines were probably affected by the fact Allies had to develop very formidable ASW methods to deal with the uboat menace. This is what I think justifies high technology level for Japanese campaign too if possible to implement.
Alfamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 11:09 AM   #13
kondotier
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8

Great work guys, IJN campaign is way more interesting then USA one. Any of u have game War in The Pacific Admiral's Edition? It might be some help for u about ships/planes/ports/garrisons and other stuff.
kondotier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 11:23 AM   #14
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Keltos, I'm not all that interested in US stuff, frankly, I suppose once I start playing an IJN career, that might change a little. It's certainly possible to do at some point. I think it's because I don't think of US ships as "targets" that I'm disinterested

Within IJN doctrine, at least there is a good selection of US warships as targets for you, though.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 11:43 AM   #15
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
Keltos, I'm not all that interested in US stuff, frankly, I suppose once I start playing an IJN career, that might change a little. It's certainly possible to do at some point. I think it's because I don't think of US ships as "targets" that I'm disinterested

Within IJN doctrine, at least there is a good selection of US warships as targets for you, though.
We needn't worry about the lack of targets but I guess the fight will be harder and harder as the war goes on...

keltos